PDA

View Full Version : Underdrive pulley for KA24E with damper

PsychoRallye
07-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Just what it says. Anyone have one they can locate for us? My compatriot had a good point. I'd prefer less harmonics than what we have, these engines aren't built for longevity, just RAW POWER (haha).

Conversely, if anyone has a stock pulley with the damper, I'll take it off your hands, name your price!
Cheers

erlrich
07-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Just saw this, sorry for the non-reply...

I haven't seen an underdrive pulley with a damper, but I have been using the ASP underdrive pulley on mine for almost 3 years now (probably over a dozen events), and have had no problem whatsoever with it. I did, however, have the entire rotating assembly balanced, so that make have something to do with it.

PsychoRallye
07-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi Earl-
Thanks for the reply... I was wondering about all of that. I figured a good balancing was in order... but frankly I'm more inclined at this point to put back on the stocker and have the factory damper to help things out... not sure what gains me more, the underdrive and some weird harmonics potentially or less harmonics and a little more power being pulled by the accessories...
Hmmmm

Tristan Smith
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Justin,

I doubt you will notice any difference either way. It's still going to be a long stroke motor!

CRallo
08-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Justin,

I doubt you will notice any difference either way. It's still going to be a long stroke motor!

yeah, don't remind us! lol

just picked up a complete ka24e with some bits we wanted including a stock damper that looks mint. We'll proly give it a shot...