PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control Sleeves

cjb25hs
07-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Looking at updating my ACR to GC Sleeves and ERS Spirngs. Just wondering what everyone's experience is with the GC stuff. Had them on a street/autocross car for about 50K in Pittsburgh, PA year round. Never used in a w2w application. I have heard that they a great and that they suck, Just looking for more advice/experience.

Streetwise guy
07-12-2009, 02:06 AM
I figure they are ok. The Neon problem is the spring height when using 6 inch length springs. I had Koni revalve my 4 struts and remove the stock spring perches, and add a new stop an inch and a quarter down the tubes, otherwise you are right at the bottom of the adjustment and still at around stock ride height. I don't think a Neon allows much reduction in front ride height anyway, what with the shortest struts in the universe. I was able to get the rear down to a reasonable height with the moved stops.

cjb25hs
07-12-2009, 08:45 AM
I figure they are ok. The Neon problem is the spring height when using 6 inch length springs. I had Koni revalve my 4 struts and remove the stock spring perches, and add a new stop an inch and a quarter down the tubes, otherwise you are right at the bottom of the adjustment and still at around stock ride height. I don't think a Neon allows much reduction in front ride height anyway, what with the shortest struts in the universe. I was able to get the rear down to a reasonable height with the moved stops.

Why wouldn't you just use the 5" spring length.

Streetwise guy
07-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Unless I'm missing a suppier somewhere, there seems to be a very limited number of 5" springs available. 6" I can find in every imaginable rate. Moving the seats down was a fairly small percentage of the bill for the revalving anyway.:(

cjb25hs
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Unless I'm missing a suppier somewhere, there seems to be a very limited number of 5" springs available. 6" I can find in every imaginable rate. Moving the seats down was a fairly small percentage of the bill for the revalving anyway.:(

5" only are available in 2.25" I believe that the sleeves use 2.5" so that would be the answer. I got a quote from Truechoice to do everything except the fronts revalve because they have already been done this past winter. For $1150 USD. How much lower do they mount the sleeves?

Streetwise guy
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I moved them down 1 1/4 inches, and if I were to do it again, I would go down another 3/4". The rear is ok, but the front is still right at the bottom of the adjuster. I run 600F 700R, with ST bars, but I have the front one set with about 1/4 inch of slack in the bushings to get it to turn in. I want to try dropping my front spring rate, partly to get it to turn, and partly because of a rough section on my home track.

The limit to moving the spring seat down is the diameter of tires you run. With the slotted spindle bolts, I scuff the paint on the strut on the front to get enough camber for the 888's I run. I also have the GC camber plates. No complaints, but I dunno what anybody else has.