PDA

View Full Version : Mt Washington Hillclimb Reunion/Picnic

67ITB
07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
This is cross posted from NER.org.
I am NOT the POC for this event, but I know that many on this site have participated in this event in the past.

Matt Bal

http://www.ner.org/forums/index.php/topic,712.0.html (blockedhttp://www.ner.org/forums/index.php/topic,712.0.html)

For many years folks took a break from Road Racing, Rally, Solo, and Course Working to attend and/or compete in the Climb to the Clouds. There were no points championships on the line. There was very little pressure. Mostly it was fun! One of the best things about the event was the friendships that existed between folks 'competing' against each other. Everyone was willing and eager to help the guy next to them if it meant they would each get more runs up the Auto Road. A good deal of those friendships--initiated at the Mount Washington Hillclimb--endure to this day.

Even though the racing event hasn't been run since 2001, there's still an interest in gathering at Mount Washington. This time it really will be strictly for the fun of it. The folks at the Mount Washington are very enthusiastic about having us back there. To that end they've offered to provide a picnic AND allow us to climb the Auto Road for one very reasonable fee. Instead of paying the standard $23 for a climb, you'll only have to pay $15 and that'll get you a Commemorative Dash Plaque. The Dash Plaque will be your *free* pass to climb the Auto Road.

Additionally, there are a couple of things we'd like to do while we're all together. One would be a group picture. Another would be to remember competitors that are no longer with us, but were instrumental in making the past events memorable.

See the attached flyer for the event details. Let me know through this forum thread if you're interested in attending as we'll need an idea of how many Dash Plaques to have made well in advance.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/admin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/admin/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg