PDA

View Full Version : Christine Wenzel

LMcB
06-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Fred Mahler asked me to send this to you, Chris's extended family:

Hi Folks,

First off, the Wenzel and Mahler families would like to thank all of the people that worked so hard to make last Friday's benefit a huge success. We had 300 people come through the door that were treated to some good food and a massive selection of raffle items. It was really nice to all of our family members as well as our extended (race) family members together to support Chris.

Again thanks to all who were there as well as the countless many that could not make it but donated anyway, your generosity is deeply appreciated.

I wish that there could be a happy ending to all of this, however it seems that Hollywood has cornered the market on those and they are much harder to find in real life.

With that in mind it is with great sadness that I must report that Christine Wenzel lost her long courageous battle with cancer yesterday, June 27th. As per my sister's wishes there will be no calling hours or services. Having said that, Christine would like everyone to celebrate her life at a memorial party to be held sometime in autumn.

Again the Mahler and Wenzel families would like to express their appreciation for all the support during this difficult time.

Fred

dtanthon
06-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Rest in peace Chris.

dickita15
06-28-2009, 09:28 AM
amen

lateapex911
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry to read that. Wish I (we) could have done more. Well written Leigh.

dtanthon
07-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Class acts!

John Godfrey put together a tribute to Chris from video from this past weekends IndyCar race broadcast on Versus HD channel and added a few words at the end on behalf of the SCCA community here.

Thanks John!!!!!!

It is on YouTube: (Where people may leave comments)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTXOOq2ips

dickita15
07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks for posting that although it was kind of hard to watch.

dtanthon
07-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree, I had tears in my eyes.

Robert Zecca
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Incredible video and even more incredible loss!

Our thoughts and prayers go with you and your family. We will do all we can as a SCCA family to keep Christine in our hearts and work hard to support her charities in her name.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca