PDA

View Full Version : Finding Tires in So-Cal.....

Z3_GoCar
06-19-2009, 10:48 PM
So where does every one get their Ho-Ho's? Anyone buy from Hoosier West in Fresno? They do seem geared to the roundy-round and drag race set. Or are we going to stand with a gentilman's agreement and run Nitto's?

ismaelae86
06-19-2009, 11:23 PM
im planing on running nitto's.....sorrry just thought id throw that in there lol

NORRIS
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey James.

I get my Hoosiers from Ron at AIM (Sears Point)

Though I just tried those new BFGs. They seem as fast as the Hoosiers and they seem to hold up for more cycles.

I wonder if anyone else has tried them?

JoshS
06-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey James.

Though I just tried those new BFGs. They seem as fast as the Hoosiers and they seem to hold up for more cycles.

James, Hoosier Tire West is now coming to SFR road races in person. They have been good to me, although AIM has been excellent too.

Hoosier Tire West is the west coast distributor, BTW, so pretty much every California retailer is buying their tires from HTW.

rlward
06-20-2009, 12:55 AM
So where does every one get their Ho-Ho's? Anyone buy from Hoosier West in Fresno? They do seem geared to the roundy-round and drag race set. Or are we going to stand with a gentilman's agreement and run Nitto's?
John,
Talk to Robert Perryman at HW, that's who I get mine from. If you ever want me to pick them up for you and bring em to BW let me know.

Z3_GoCar
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
im planing on running nitto's.....sorrry just thought id throw that in there lol

Nothing to be sorry about. Nitto's are a good tire, probably better than the RA-1's I've been running. If I could talk John into running them, then I might be running them too.

Hey James.

John, who's your source for the BfG's? Tirerack? How many more heat cycles can you get out of them? I seemed to have heat cycled my last set of RA-1's so as long as I don't flat spot them, and I think I've got that fixed by removing the ABS pump and adding a proprotioning valve, I should be able to heat cycle any tire out. Oh, I thought I'd read that Hoosier had updated their compound to be both faster and not heat cycle out as quickly.

James, Hoosier Tire West is now coming to SFR road races in person. They have been good to me, although AIM has been excellent too.

Hoosier Tire West is the west coast distributor, BTW, so pretty much every California retailer is buying their tires from HTW.

Thanks Josh, I'll probably be giving them a call..

John,
Talk to Robert Perryman at HW, that's who I get mine from. If you ever want me to pick them up for you and bring em to BW let me know.

Thanks for the offer Rodger, I may take you up on that.

James