PDA

View Full Version : New "development" racing series revealed!

nlevine
06-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I've been enjoying reading all of the race reports so far this season, and I'm anxious to join the action, but was called earlier than expected this spring to work on a new race series and assist with some young driver development.

Here's a sneak peak for the Northeast Division IT crowd of a new "development" series to help feed the SCCA racing ranks for years to come - Spec Cozy Coupe - and our newest driver in the series, Sitota Levine. I hope that we will be able to make an appearance soon at a racetrack near you (as soon as I find time to wrench on my own car).

-noam

StephenB
06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Noam,

I am a store manager for Toys R US up in concord NH. Almost everyear we have Power Wheel races in the parking lot... Maybe I should let my RVP know and see if we can become a corporate sponsor of your series :D

On a serious note... as kids get older kids want whats impossible to get and every year we have an impossible to get toy... if you ever need that impossible toy PM me and I'll see what I can do!

Love the cozy coupe idea! I may steal the idea from you!
Stephen

Tkczecheredflag
06-19-2009, 06:44 AM
CPM Motorsports is looking to sponsor a new driver in a development series to replace it's "old tread" - this has huge promise:happy204:

Knestis
06-19-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm damaged but I can't help picturing a flock of those things going 12 wide into T1, banging fenders. Drivers flipping each other off and throwing their helmets after climbing out of their bent Cozy Car, perched on top of a tire wall...

Post-race impound could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K

spnkzss
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm damaged but I can't help picturing a flock of those things going 12 wide into T1, banging fenders. Drivers flipping each other off and throwing their helmets after climbing out of their bent Cozy Car, perched on top of a tire wall...

Post-race impound could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K

ARRC fun in the making. Who's gonna commentate?

Wreckerboy
06-19-2009, 08:39 AM

Post-race mandatory time out could have lollypops instead of cool washcloths.

K

One fix and it's good for any race this year...

wbp
06-19-2009, 09:17 AM
If you can bring the registration numbers, Butch Kummer will create a Cozy Coupe class at the ARRC, for sure. Maybe he would have to consider a race length less than 20 laps though.

JeffYoung
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Now that is cool.

EV
06-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Damn, and I just sold one of those at a yard sale!!!!! I could have rented it...

Butch Kummer
06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
If the track wasn't worried about the liability coverage, I could EASILY see a CozyCoupe class at the ARRC by GRM. The start line would be up by Turn Three, then come down the hill toward Turn One with the finish line about the 100 marker (in full view of those partying at the Chalet)!

This would obviously be after all the sessions were completed on Friday, and penalties would be applied for spilling the (required) adult beverage. :rolleyes:

spnkzss
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Damn, and I just sold one of those at a yard sale!!!!! I could have rented it...

Or given it to a fellow racer that has a small one dying to get into one.:rolleyes:

Doc Bro
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations Noam to you and your wife. Enjoy your new family.

gran racing
06-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Finally we'll see some real talent in a series! My son has a similar type of car - SCCA and Kessler Engineering decals going on it this week. Although he sure does seem to enjoy Jeff Lawton's plastic Saturn more. :rolleyes: