PDA

View Full Version : Beaverun Motorsports Complex

cjb25hs
06-18-2009, 02:39 AM
I am trying to gather some data out there from the IT community. The Steel Cities Region is struggling to get better turnouts at Double Regionals being held at Beaverun. I know that car counts are down some all over, but just trying to see what people think about Beaverun.

RedMisted
06-18-2009, 03:02 AM
Raced there just two weeks ago and the place was a hoot. It's fast enough yet short enough that you're always in a battle somewhere. Not like a larger track ala MidOhio where you can disappear by yourself for laps at a time.

Regretfully, I will not be able to attend the Aug. race as it conflicts with Cincy Region's IT Fest, which will be my only chance to race MO this year. (I will not do the fall Ohio Valley Region races at MO due to a certain issue I have with that region's questionable method of classing cars...)

ITA_honda
06-18-2009, 08:10 AM
I would most def. race at Beaverun again. Nice facilities, nice people, and awesome track.

I just think scheduling a regional on the same weekend as the IT fest is not a good idea.
I know this happened last year, and the turn out was very, very slim.

This is just my opinion, but to focus on the poll.....Yes, I would come back

cjb25hs
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. It is official that the August event has been cancelled. It is not just the IT fest conflict, our region has been having lower counts for some time and I am just trying to see if it is due to running at the Beave.

Scott Nutter
06-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I think it has been the last two? years running against the IT Fest. Also I think Aug has been notoriously low on car counts MVR used to have an Aug Regional @ Nelson but the car counts just weren't there. I would run at BeavRun but not against the ITFest. I would have raced this year but work has had me on the road.

It's a nice track, comes around fast compared to most other tracks I've run, the first half is a real hoot. The only down side is that the paddock can be a bit tight for manuvering. Once or twice we had space out on the solo asphalt and that was nice, except for no fires.

When did Steel Cities have there race when it was @ Nelson?

AjG
06-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Well if you would have asked me before this last regional, I would have said that the track sucks, I hate it, and it will never draw cars. But, I actually had a good time there a few weeks ago…much better track than I remember. I live less than an hour away and I haven’t been there in three years! The main problem is that Beaver Run is competing against Nelson and Mid-O, two great tracks IMO. I think you (we/steel cities) need to really watch the scheduling, You’ll never win against the other tracks. Maybe offer something extra, and I don’t think it should be an enduro because BR is so tough on brakes…. Maybe three races? Like the ITfest format… I don’t know, something extra. Also, I don’t think BR can command the 300$-range entry fee, it’s just not there.

ITA_honda
06-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I think it has been the last two? years running against the IT Fest. Also I think Aug has been notoriously low on car counts MVR used to have an Aug Regional @ Nelson but the car counts just weren't there. I would run at BeavRun but not against the ITFest. I would have raced this year but work has had me on the road.

It's a nice track, comes around fast compared to most other tracks I've run, the first half is a real hoot. The only down side is that the paddock can be a bit tight for manuvering. Once or twice we had space out on the solo asphalt and that was nice, except for no fires.

When did Steel Cities have there race when it was @ Nelson?

You're right work does have you on the road!!! I havent really had anyone to run with this season....
hope you're at Nelsons...and if you're not I'll know you're working!!! LOL.:D

ITA_honda
06-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I really hope Steel Cities will remain as well as Beaverun. I really liked the way they ran the event and loved the track.
Only time will tell I guess.

gpeluso
06-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Dates are a problem..... I do not think the SCCA works well with other regions and races.....SCCA is killing themselves... why compete with yourself??? The weird thing about Beaverun is....NASA OH/IN ( or what ever they call themsleves now claim that Beaverun is two small and they have to turn people away..... I do remember this to be true 3 years ago. I used to run IT but now run SM and have been wanting to get back to IT, however there is very little of a car count. It is like the SCCA counts on SM and when they don't come there is a real problem.... could the idea of Regional vs National races a problem too..... Does anyone really think National Drivers are truely better... I don't.... looks like most of the club guys making it in Pro roadracing come from SM... MAKE NATIONAL and REGIONAL races the same weekend... change the weekend lineup or die a slow death. I race both series and there is fresher looking cars and faces at NASA right now. I personally rather run SCCA and like Beaverun... think outside of the box..... I want a reason to build an IT car again. SM going National has hurt Regional races.... some guys want to run only nationals and some want regionals only. Beaverun races need the help of the Ohio people....not many racers in Pittsburgh. Sorry to bitch just upset the weekends that I have supported for the last few years may come to an end. Had a great time and wish it was going to happen again this year at Beaverun.

Greg