PDA

View Full Version : Raffle items for Chris Wenzel benefit dinner

LMcB
06-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi folks:

It's time to step up and help out one of our own. Fred Mahler sent this list of items to be raffled at the benefit this Friday night for Chris Wenzel. There are some great items here! I hope all of you can make it to the dinner to support Chris. She really needs our help right now, and Fred has done an amazing job putting together an outstanding benefit event. Even if you can't make it to the dinner, please consider supporting Chris by purchasing raffle tickets or bidding on the silent auction items. Please contact Fred at <[email protected]>. He can deliver event or raffle tickets to Lime Rock on Friday morning.

Racing items in the raffle. Tickets are $2.00 each or 13 for $10.00.

2 pairs of Alpine racing gloves signed by Bill Auberlen.
2009 Indy 500 hooded sweatshirt (XL) race program, event decal.
5 Speed TV on-air talent shirts signed by Dorsey Schroeder,Brian Till, Calvin Fish, Chris Neville, and Leigh Diffey.
Piloti driving shoes signed by Paul Edwards.
Oakley driving gloves signed by Kelly Collins.
4 New Jersey Verizon 250 race programs signed by Calvin Fish, Leigh Diffey, Brian Till, and Chris Neville.
1 pair of Sparco driving gloves signed by Jon Fogarty.
1 pair of Puma driving gloves signed by Alex Gurney.
2 1/64 scale Gainsco Pontiac DP die-cast signed by Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty.
1/18 Penske Indy Car signed by Helio Castroneves (after his latest 500 win).

1993 Jaguar XJ 220 1/12 scale die-cast signed (in 93) by Bobby Unser, Parnelli Jones, George Follmer, Bob Akin, David Hobbs, Brian Redman, David Pearson, Eddie Hill , Ed McCullach, and Johnny Rutherford.
Tickets for this car are $10.00 each.

The following 3 items will be done silent auction style:

Driver firesuit signed by Bill Auberlen (Panoz Racing/ALMS)
Speed TV firesuit signed by Calvin Fish.
Highcroft Racing crew firesuit worn during 2008 Long Beach ALMS P2 class victory.

Plus many non-racing prizes will be raffled as well. Tickets for the event are still being sold.

Thank you for your support!

Magical Trevor
06-27-2009, 10:29 PM
This was a great night. I was proud of the SCCA's representation there. Don't care that I didn't win!
Hang in there, Chris.
Edit: IRL broadcast just revealed the news. Indeed, my thoughts are still with the Mahler/Wenzel families. Rest in Peace Chris.