PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Auction/Veteran Homestead

Robert Zecca
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Guys

I hope you all know that at our TEAMDI PROIT event at LRP we will be running with the MoHud National on August 1st. At this event we will be creating awareness for the Veteran Homestead. Please visit: www.veteranhomestead.org This was the idea of our own Tim Mullen. Tim has been working extremely hard with Maria from marketing at Lime Rock and the track has been very accomdating. We are planning on making this the largest SCCA spectator event this year with hopes of 2,000 plus spectators. This will be from the local Boy Scouts and their families as well as the Harley Owners Clubs and other groups. We will be making this a truly incredible event both for the racer and fan alike.

During the event we hope to raise money to go towards the Veteran Homestead. Driving Impressions will be raffling off a signed helmet by all of the ProIT drivers along with other items. We would like to hold a Chinese Auction where raffle tickets will be sold to all the drivers and fans for hopefully a bunch of great items. PLEASE tell everyone and try to find donations that may be raffled off. Anything will work. Think of items for kids and adults of all ages. Do not limit it to racing stuff but anything for the home, household, theatre tickets, be creative........ I have seen our local Porsche Club raise over $14K in two hours and we can do better.

We will sell the tickets or take donations all day Friday thru Saturday at 1PM and then the auction will begin at 2PM. THINK ABOUT IT!!! We need to raise awareness, have great racing, put on a show for thousands and reach our goal$$$$$. Along the way we will show fans that they too can come race with us and hopefully we can gain some new workers as well. This is all part of the plan to grow SCCA for the future. Our racers are smart, intelligent and have huge hearts and by utilizing our great series to create awareness we can help others which in this case is our VETERANS who need us now! Please join Tim, Steve, myself and our ProIT family and show the world what SCCA is truly about and our dedication to our country.

I WILL NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH THE AUCTION AS WELL.

Please call me with questions at 1-973-361-0508. You may bring the items to the event or send them to:

Driving Impressions
497 Lime Rock Road
Lakeville, CT 06039

Checks may be made payable to: Veteran Homestead and sent to above address.

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com
www.proitseries.com