PDA

View Full Version : Registration is now OPEN

TAC
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey everyone,

Registration is now OPEN for the I.T.SPEC*tacular & PDX July 31-Aug 2nd. Go to http://www.motorsportsreg.com (http://www.motorsportsreg.com/) to enter. Event Type " Club Race". Look for Cincinnati SCCA. If you are planning on renting a garage do not wait. They are going fast.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA

RacerBill
06-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Registration will be in as soon as I get my last check from Natio___de!

TAC
06-10-2009, 07:18 AM
1. Open
2. Open
3. John Whitaker
4. John Lukacz
5. Jeff Thompson
6. Matthew Johnson

7. Tom Fowler ( OPM)
8. Tom Fowler ( OPM)
9. Open
10. Open
11. Open
12. Open
12A. Open
13. Open
14. Open
15. Open
16. Rick Deerwester
17. Jerry Cabe
18. Brad Barnhouse
19. Ed Funk
20. Jinx Jordan

21. Steve Linn
22. Greg Amy
23. Bowie Gray Jr.
24. Tom Hoppe
25. Jeff Underwood
26. Scott Giles
27. Tom Lamb
28. Kevin Ruck

Garages are filling up quick. Only two single door available.

Eagle7
06-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Dave Gran, if you don't get your number this year it's not my fault. But I'll be gunning for it again next year.

TAC
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Here is the current entry list.

Group No. Last Name First Name Model Color

G1
1 Alspach Phil RX-7 GSL Orange
51 barnhouse brad Civic Si black/green
01 DiMinno Joseph Sentra SE-R Blue
14 Downing Matt Civic EX Red / Black
23 Funk Ed CRX Si blue
10 Funk Stephanie crx blu/purp
13 Gray Jr Bowie Miata Orange/Black
05 Hoppe Tom Conover Red
05 jacko jason Jetta Blue
89 Jordan Jinx Civic White
6 Linn Steve Sentra SE-R Red
99 Niemeyer Bill Integra Red
3 Ruck Kevin Integra orange/black
39 White Fred CRX Red/White

G2
56 Clark Hill SRF Black

G3
42 Amy Greg Golf White
9 Ferenczy Zsolt Integra GSR Red
22 Giles Scott Civic Black/Orange
91 Lamb Tom CRX Si Black
25 lattanzio michael 325 black
56 Lukacz John GTI yellow
41 Smith Kristian Prism Red
19 Underwood Jeff Civic White

G4
22 Rodgers Gregg Monte Carlo Black
11 Rodgers Stacy Monte Carlo Red White

G5
88 Whitaker John Integra Type-R White

G6
10 Cabe Jerry Miata Blue
5 Cutler Dan Miata MX5 White
60 Deerwester Rick Miata Red
73 Johnson Matthew Miata
87 Scheuing John Miata Burgundy
72 South Tim Miata Blue
16 Thompson Jeff Miata Black / Bronze
88 Mathias Dennis Miata Red

TAC
06-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone. I found the secret to separating out the drivers on www.motorsportsreg.com (http://www.motorsportsreg.com/) If you look at the registration list now you can see how many cars are in your class. Competition looks stout already in ITA, ITB, ITC and ITS.

Thanks,

Todd

http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/styles/cruizn/misc/progress.gif

TAC
06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Here is the direct link to the registration list at motorsportsreg. 47 entries and counting.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/4571E655-C42F-5803-9D648C83519DD565

TAC
06-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone.

All 1-door garages are now rented. We are starting a waiting list please contact Starla McCauley at [email protected]

There are three 2-door garages still available.

I've also heard the Mansfield Travel lodge is booked solid for the weekend.

Todd

TAC
07-01-2009, 10:53 PM
1. Ken Berchak
2. Kip Van Steenburg
3. Greg Vanderluis
4. John Lukacz
5. Jeff Thompson
6. Matthew Johnson

7. Chris Childs
8. Wes Holliday
9. Mike Cottrell
10. John Scheuing
11. Ken Alderson
12. Ron Pawley
12A. Stephen Wiles
14. Open
15. John Whitaker
16. Rick Deerwester
17. Jerry Cabe
18. Brad Barnhouse
19. Ed Funk
20. Jinx Jordan

21. Steve Linn
22. Greg Amy
23. Bowie Gray Jr.
24. Tom Hoppe
25. Jeff Underwood
26. Scott Giles
27. Tom Lamb
28. Kevin Ruck

Only one 2-door garage left! 63 entries and counting.

Todd

teritanz25
07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Good Day,

Just a curiousity here. Attendance for the ITSpecatular seems pretty low at this point with only 4 weeks left to go. As of today according to the Motorsport Reg there are only 3 IT-S cars signed up, there we over 20 last year, I know things are tough but is it going to be this low. I am still going but really would have liked to have more cars. Hopefully the list is not up to date and someone has a more complete listing of whom is attending.

Well, hope to see you all there!

TAC
07-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Good Day,

Just a curiousity here. Attendance for the ITSpecatular seems pretty low at this point with only 4 weeks left to go. As of today according to the Motorsport Reg there are only 3 IT-S cars signed up, there we over 20 last year, I know things are tough but is it going to be this low. I am still going but really would have liked to have more cars. Hopefully the list is not up to date and someone has a more complete listing of whom is attending.

Well, hope to see you all there!

Hi Michael,

Last year on July 4th we had 73 entries with 10 of those being ITS. So yes we are a tad lower than last year. Keep in mind though that ITS jumped to 20 cars in that last 4 weeks and overall we had 175 entries. So come on guys. Now's the time to enter. Remember the race weekend is a week earlier this year. :happy204:

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair

Rabbit07
07-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I did a very scary thing. I registered and my car is in pieces. The Quaife is in California for repair, the trans is in pieces, the engine is a short block I built last November, but never put a head on. I hoped that by registering that I would light a fire under my but? After all Crazy Joe and I have some un finished business:D........

Honestly, I drive anyhting, if someone has a car that needs a driver?

See you there

dominojd
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I did a very scary thing. I registered and my car is in pieces. The Quaife is in California for repair, the trans is in pieces, the engine is a short block I built last November, but never put a head on. I hoped that by registering that I would light a fire under my but? After all Crazy Joe and I have some un finished business:D........

Honestly, I drive anyhting, if someone has a car that needs a driver?

See you there

Get your ass in gear you still have 3+ weeks. You should be able to built a whole race car in three weeks. :)

dj10
07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
So come on guys. Now's the time to enter. Remember the race weekend is a week earlier this year. :happy204:

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chair

I don't want to get charges on my cc to early.;)

dominojd
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't want to get charges on my cc to early.;)

You can enter and not pay yet. Ask me how i know. :)

dj10
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
You can enter and not pay yet. Ask me how i know. :)

Thnx, didn't notice that....I'm in.

tom91ita
07-07-2009, 08:57 PM
i did what joe did. i registered and did not pay. just sent the check in since most regions don't cash til after the event in case of refunds. credit card, not so much.

either way, it was close enough to the pay day to be covered............

dominojd
07-08-2009, 03:34 AM
i did what joe did. i registered and did not pay. just sent the check in since most regions don't cash til after the event in case of refunds. credit card, not so much.

either way, it was close enough to the pay day to be covered............

When is the final Pay day? Or can we pay at the track?

TAC
07-08-2009, 07:11 AM
When is the final Pay day? Or can we pay at the track?

Post mark by July 21st no late fee. The reason we do that is because the mail from Tuesday July 21st sometimes wanders in as late as Saturday the 25th. Gotta keep the registrar sane till she gets everyone entered. ; -) Anyhow if you Pay online you have until midnight July 27th with No late fee.

Todd

71 entries and counting.

tom91ita
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Todd,

what is the parking policy/practice for those of us renting garages? I have never rented one before.

I thought we get to park in front of it? and for those of us sharing a garage, can we "double park" near the garages?

tia,

tom

TAC
07-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Todd,

what is the parking policy/practice for those of us renting garages? I have never rented one before.

I thought we get to park in front of it? and for those of us sharing a garage, can we "double park" near the garages?

tia,

tom

For the single car garages guys usually drop the car off at the garage and put their hauler about 40 feet from the door. That leave enough room to get in, out and traffic to pass by. I would think you could put haulers in a nose to tail line if there not too long. If not It may be one person will have to put their hauler up in the grass paddock area.

Todd

dj10
07-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Todd,
Looks like you and Bob from the NE ProIT need to adjust your schedules for next year so there are no ProIT races same time as IT Spect.....just a though. :~)

TAC
07-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Todd,
Looks like you and Bob from the NE ProIT need to adjust your schedules for next year so there are no ProIT races same time as IT Spect.....just a though. :~)

True, though if we had the same date as last year there would not have been a conflict. That's the problem when a track has many pro dates. We should be locked in for years to come being between the Pro Bikes and ALMS. It also gives the staff at Mid Ohio a breather instead of dealing with three pro event weekends in a row. I think it will be a win-win. Maybe we invite Bob's Pro I.T. circus to Mid Ohio for the I.T. Spec*tacular next year.

What do ya think?

Todd

StephenB
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I say we get the TeamDI Pro-It as a support race to the ALMS race and then we all hang out for the entire week and race in both events! What a great vacation that would be!!!

Stephen

PS: I think the IT spectacular was one of the best events I have entered... I wish I could go but the cost and time to travel from NH is just a bit more than I can justify to the wife, dogs, and house :) I hope you all have fun! Go NER!!

dj10
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
True, though if we had the same date as last year there would not have been a conflict. That's the problem when a track has many pro dates. We should be locked in for years to come being between the Pro Bikes and ALMS. It also gives the staff at Mid Ohio a breather instead of dealing with three pro event weekends in a row. I think it will be a win-win. Maybe we invite Bob's Pro I.T. circus to Mid Ohio for the I.T. Spec*tacular next year.

What do ya think?

Todd

What do I think? If you remember right I suggested this awhile ago.:) I think it's a hell of an idea and Mid Ohio is a 1st rate track for everyone involved.

TAC
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
I say we get the TeamDI Pro-It as a support race to the ALMS race and then we all hang out for the entire week and race in both events! What a great vacation that would be!!!

Stephen

PS: I think the IT spectacular was one of the best events I have entered... I wish I could go but the cost and time to travel from NH is just a bit more than I can justify to the wife, dogs, and house :) I hope you all have fun! Go NER!!

Thanks Stephen;

No offense to Crazy Joe but right now we have so many Honda's entered we may have to look for Factory support. Then combine that with the IRL as our open wheel class since Mid Ohio is Honda's home track. We may let the ALMS boys play too. :rolleyes:

Todd

TAC
07-09-2009, 07:08 AM
What do I think? If you remember right I suggested this awhile ago.:) I think it's a hell of an idea and Mid Ohio is a 1st rate track for everyone involved.

True you did. But whether Bob Zecca wants to leave the confines of NEDiv. is another question.

dominojd
07-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks Stephen;

No offense to Crazy Joe but right now we have so many Honda's entered we may have to look for Factory support.

Todd

No offense taken Todd. I predict NO Honda's on the podium in ITA this year. I think it will be a couple of Miata's and a Nissan. And that Nissan will not be piloted by Steve Linn. :D I can't wait till the end of the month 2 premier tracks in 2 weeks WGI/ Mid Ohio.

Let the Shit talkin begin.

Racerlinn
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
No offense taken Todd. I predict NO Honda's on the podium in ITA this year. I think it will be a couple of Miata's and a Nissan. And that Nissan will not be piloted by Steve Linn. :D I can't wait till the end of the month 2 premier tracks in 2 weeks WGI/ Mid Ohio.

Remind me to drop a dead fish in your trunk before Saturdays race...

tom91ita
07-09-2009, 09:51 AM

ok, Fred White's CRX will finish ahead of Joe.......

lateapex911
07-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Remind me to drop a dead fish in your trunk before Saturdays race...

You're doing it wrong!! In the trunk? Do you want him to smell it or the rest of the world?? Strap it in the engine compartment, non exhaust side. ;) And maybe some smaller bait fish, oh, say a herring or three, in the cockpit, under his seat cover.
Don't you watch Top Gear?

dj10
07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
True you did. But whether Bob Zecca wants to leave the confines of NEDiv. is another question.

I got to meet Bob @ Pocono last year and by no means can I say I know him well but, he did strike me as a bussiness man 1st, which means he's open minded, and a racer 2nd, loves the sport and good competition. I certaintly think there could be some good dialog about using the Mid Ohio event as a venue that could be lucrative for all involved. Nothing can not be over come when you have a couple of good people committed to solving a problem.

TAC
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM

O.K.

ITS Come on guys we need more than three choices!!!!

1st Matt Miller
2nd Michael Lattanzio
3rd Willy Church

ITR

1st Dan Jones ( maybe the third try will be the charm) track record holder in ITR but broke during practice for the I.T.FEST last year. )

2nd Kip Van Steenburg ( smoked the field in ITS last year BUT sold the car to Tim Selby in the paddock. New car may be just as fast)

3rd Chris Bernhardt ( Knows the track like the back of his hand. Stepped up to the challenge with new personal best times each race last year)

ITA

wide open this year! Last years 1st - 3rd CRX train are not registered at this time. We know A.J. is driving in TDI cup. Not sure what's up with the Mosers. Lots of new faces so I'll go with the veterans

1st Joe DiMinno ( First year on the Pro course but very consistent runs the last two years.

2nd Matt Downing ( Matt's Hungry for that first overall title and its home turf)

3rd Kevin Ruck ( Last years ARRC champ is back but hasn't had Big Orange out yet this year. But has been racing in his FP so he does have seat time.)

ITB

No Aaron, Chris or Vaughan at this point

1st Jim Heckman ( The 2002's are monsters on the back straight and will be a force on the pro straight. Get a draft and they'll pull you with them)

2nd Blake Meredith ( The Porsche may be from 1973 but it's fast)

3rd Greg Amy ( 2006 was the dream season for Greg ARRC, NARRC and NYSRRC. 2007 was just as good. Didn't make the Spectacular in '08. Driving a well prepared Conover car this year so he should be a force to deal with.)

ITC

No Shawn or Vesa yet

1st Bill Shearer or Fred White too close to call. Both deserve the overall and really mixed it up with Shawn and Vesa last year.

2nd Who ever doesn't get 1st.

3rd Jim hardesty

dj10
07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Ahhhh Todd, don't jinx me!! :~)
Last year was only time I broke and it was a valve spring in Friday's practice. 1st year no ITR cars showed up.

TAC
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Ahhhh Todd, don't jinx me!! :~)
Last year was only time I broke and it was a valve spring in Friday's practice. 1st year no ITR cars showed up.

Fixed it! Don't break this year I want to see you compete. BTW, two more ITR's coming that I know of. Should be registered by the 18th. :happy204:

75 entries and counting.

R2 Racing
07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I predict NO Honda's on the podium in ITA this year. I think it will be a couple of Miata's and a Nissan.
Quoted, so I can print out and bring to the track. I think you guys are forgetting that the pro-course will actually benefit the Integra's too. So yeah, Hoppe and I will have something to say about that.:smilie_pokal:

edit - Oh yeah, I stopped being a slacker and finally paid up my entry fee yesterday. So it's official.

dj10
07-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Fixed it! Don't break this year I want to see you compete. BTW, two more ITR's coming that I know of. Should be registered by the 18th. :happy204:

75 entries and counting.

LOL, you and me too.

RSTPerformance
07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Todd,

Just an FYI: I am hoping to run the PRO IT at Lime Rock. Even if the Pro IT was at Mid Ohio I wouldn't going... The cost of buying a house and time at work is getting in the way. I only write because I don't want people to think that the PRO-IT is taking entrants away from the IT Spectacular at Mid Ohio, IT IS A GREAT EVENT!!!

Raymond

TAC
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Just an FYI: I am hoping to run the PRO IT at Lime Rock. Even if the Pro IT was at Mid Ohio I wouldn't going... The cost of buying a house and time at work is getting in the way. I only write because I don't want people to think that the PRO-IT is taking entrants away from the IT Spectacular at Mid Ohio, IT IS A GREAT EVENT!!!

Raymond

Raymond,

Thanks for the compliment. I understand completely that this is not an attempt to steal entries. It is unfortunate that the dates overlap and that's because the ALMS/IRL liked the I.T.Fest date enough to take it this year which moved us onto LRP's date. PRO I.T. is just a thought. Maybe something we can do in 2011 as part of the tour to celebrate 25 years of I.T. racing.

Have fun with the house.

Todd

Rabbit07
07-10-2009, 12:17 AM

Them is fight'n words. I have been busy running some Touring 1 and 2 arrive and drives this year, but man did everyone forget the Neon has you all beat when it comes to HP? Bring on the pro course!

:p:p:p

dominojd
07-10-2009, 05:53 AM
but man did everyone forget the Neon has you all beat when it comes to HP? Bring on the pro course!

I wouldn't bet on it. :D

TAC
07-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Them is fight'n words. I have been busy running some Touring 1 and 2 arrive and drives this year, but man did everyone forget the Neon has you all beat when it comes to HP? Bring on the pro course!

Bring the ITB Mustang you have listed to. I have a couple of people looking for rental rides. That way you can crew and drive too. :D

RedMisted
07-10-2009, 01:50 PM

75 entries and counting.

I'm one of those ITRs. Not that anyone needs to bring their A-game to race me. With only a new suspension on the car, I should only be a couple seconds faster than last year! :blink:

So my main purpose is to help fill the field and be a jam car for Dan and Kip! :D

Looking forward to seeing everybody. Haven't been on the track since Beaverun back in June...

TAC
07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm one of those ITRs. Not that anyone needs to bring their A-game to race me. With only a new suspension on the car, I should only be a couple seconds faster than last year! :blink:

So my main purpose is to help fill the field and be a jam car for Dan and Kip! :D

Looking forward to seeing everybody. Haven't been on the track since Beaverun back in June...

I think your faster than a jam car. Plus there is one less corner without the chicane. :rolleyes:

jumbojimbo
07-11-2009, 02:16 PM
ITC
No Shawn or Vesa yet
1st Bill Shearer or Fred White too close to call. Both deserve the overall and really mixed it up with Shawn and Vesa last year.
3rd Jim hardesty

No love for Jay? He's leading GL ITC points and I've never finished ahead of him.

dj10
07-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I think your faster than a jam car. Plus there is one less corner without the chicane. :rolleyes:

Are all races on the Pro track?

RedMisted
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Are all races on the Pro track?

Yes.

TAC
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Joe Moser has registered in ITA. The bar just got raised.

TAC
07-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Win an entry to the 2010 I.T.SPEC*tacular and support a good cause.

Race & PDX Entry Raffle: We will be raffling off two Entries for the 2010 I.T.SPEC* tacular. Each winner will have their choice of using their winning ticket for a Race or PDX entry. All proceeds will go to pay medical expenses for the family of long time SCCA member and Corner worker Susie Beal who lost her life after a brief illness earlier this year. Entries will be transferable. Cost is $5 per ticket or (5) tickets for $20. Tickets will be sold at Registration and during the Saturday evening party. Drawing will be after dinner Saturday night.

jay05
07-13-2009, 07:38 PM
ITC
No Shawn or Vesa yet
3rd Jim hardesty

No love for Jay? He's leading GL ITC points and I've never finished ahead of him.
It's because I'm the lone VDub in a sea of Hondas.

TAC
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
It's because I'm the lone VDub in a sea of Hondas.

Sorry Jay. I was just trying to get the conversation going. :shrug:

RacerBill
07-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Win an entry to the 2010 I.T.SPEC*tacular and support a good cause.

Race & PDX Entry Raffle: We will be raffling off two Entries for the 2010 I.T.SPEC* tacular. Each winner will have their choice of using their winning ticket for a Race or PDX entry. All proceeds will go to pay medical expenses for the family of long time SCCA member and Corner worker Susie Beal who lost her life after a brief illness earlier this year. Entries will be transferable. Cost is $5 per ticket or (5) tickets for $20. Tickets will be sold at Registration and during the Saturday evening party. Drawing will be after dinner Saturday night.

I'm in!

downingracing
07-14-2009, 07:45 AM
ITC
No Shawn or Vesa yet
3rd Jim hardesty

I don't believe Shawn will be attending... He has other plans for the weekend (and has had them for some time). I also don't believe the car is 'ready'...

ITA_honda
07-14-2009, 09:16 AM
does anyone know how many are currently pre-registered in each class for the IT fest?
preferably ITA? lol.

R2 Racing
07-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Greg, did you sign up on motorsportsreg.com? You can see the entry list on there.

My predictions as of right now:
ITR - Ken Martin - RSX-S - yes, he's signing up eventually, and was real fast in his only outing last year. But can he beat KVSB?
ITS - Rich Walke - RX-7 - an ARRC podium quality combination. Is Selby coming in KVSB's '08 winning car?
ITA - Joe Moser - CRX Si - Mid Ohio is Joe's house, the rest of us are just paying rent. I'll take me 2nd and Hoppe 3rd - all Honda podium sweep. Will Bob show?
ITB - Jeff Underwood - Civic DX - that's a real tough one. The better car/driver combos have little to no track time at Mid Ohio.
ITC - Jinx Jordan - Civic H/B - he ran well last year, but Shearer might have something to say about this. Plus, will Vesa show?

Ed Funk
07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
17-18 in A. Go to the reg. site that Todd gave us, log in, click on dashboard, then "see who else is attending". It's updated constantly.

jay05
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
A certain red Renault is rumored to be attending. He's always fast and finished 3rd last year.

ITA_honda
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Greg, did you sign up on motorsportsreg.com? You can see the entry list on there.

ITR - Ken Martin - RSX-S - yes, he's signing up eventually, and was real fast in his only outing last year. But can he beat KVSB?
ITS - Rich Walke - RX-7 - an ARRC podium quality combination. Is Selby coming in KVSB's '08 winning car?
ITA - Joe Moser - CRX Si - Mid Ohio is Joe's house, the rest of us are just paying rent. I'll take me 2nd and Hoppe 3rd - all Honda podium sweep. Will Bob show?
ITB - Jeff Underwood - Civic DX - that's a real tough one. The better car/driver combos have little to no track time at Mid Ohio.
ITC - Jinx Jordan - Civic H/B - he ran well last year, but Shearer might have something to say about this. Plus, will Vesa show?

thanks for the info Kevin. Ill get on there.
Yes, im predicting an all Honda podium in A. lol. but hey, im a bit biased....:D

ITA_honda
07-14-2009, 10:52 AM
A certain red Renault is rumored to be attending. He's always fast and finished 3rd last year.

Ok then Jay, foot thru the floorboard to the fan! MOVE that VW!
also, we're in the same group I hear....that will be cool.
Mr. and Mrs. Jacko and Beth will have to keep an eye on a red honda and a blue VW LOL.

RedMisted
07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
If the current pattern of registrations holds until the IT Fest weekend, it looks like Group 5 ITR/STU is going to have the fewest cars of any of the groups. And by a large margin.

I would hope that if this results in any combining of groups, that ITR/STU would be put with the ITS/ITB group. ITR can go with ITB without any real significant cutting of track running for the ITBs. The only other group that ITR/STU may be placed with (as far as car counts go)looks like Group 4 GTA/ITE/STO/AS. But I'd worry about those 6 or 7 stock cars making their 20-lap race into a 17-18 lap race for the ITRs.

And if anybody wants to whine extra long/loud about losing time on track, maybe one fewer race group will mean another 2-3 laps added to all the remaining groups.

Anybody want to weigh in on this? I just wanted to give my $0.02.

TAC
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
If the current pattern of registrations holds until the IT Fest weekend, it looks like Group 5 ITR/STU is going to have the fewest cars of any of the groups. And by a large margin.

I would hope that if this results in any combining of groups, that ITR/STU would be put with the ITS/ITB group. ITR can go with ITB without any real significant cutting of track running for the ITBs. The only other group that ITR/STU may be placed with (as far as car counts go)looks like Group 4 GTA/ITE/STO/AS. But I'd worry about those 6 or 7 stock cars making their 20-lap race into a 17-18 lap race for the ITRs.

And if anybody wants to whine extra long/loud about losing time on track, maybe one fewer race group will mean another 2-3 laps added to all the remaining groups.

Anybody want to weigh in on this? I just wanted to give my $0.02.

Believe me the Chief Steward and I are watching this closely. We won't be putting you guys in with the Stock Cars. You may have some production cars (5 at this time) join you from group 2. We will keep an eye on it.

Todd

Rich Walke
07-14-2009, 11:59 PM

Kevin, thanks for the vote of confidence. I registered earlier today and plan on giving it my best shot. I was just a tenth off my lap record at BFR this past weekend under terrible track conditions. The car is running well.

Tim Selby told me in May he will be at M-O. He will be tough to beat. I beat him twice at RA in May, but that's my home track. The tables will be turned at M-O.

See you there!!

TAC
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Kevin, thanks for the vote of confidence. I registered earlier today and plan on giving it my best shot. I was just a tenth off my lap record at BFR this past weekend under terrible track conditions. The car is running well.

Tim Selby told me in May he will be at M-O. He will be tough to beat. I beat him twice at RA in May, but that's my home track. The tables will be turned at M-O.

See you there!!

Rich,

Glad to hear your coming down and I do hope to see Tim again. I'm curious to see how the ITS Miata does with him driving. I know Kip walked away from the field in it last year.

Todd

Eagle7
07-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Rich,

Glad to hear your coming down and I do hope to see Tim again. I'm curious to see how the ITS Miata does with him driving. I know Kip walked away from the field in it last year.

Todd

At Grattan Memorial weekend he said it felt a lot more twitchy than the RX-7 - didn't feel very comfortable yet. Still won both days.

TAC
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
At Grattan Memorial weekend he said it felt a lot more twitchy than the RX-7 - didn't feel very comfortable yet. Still won both days.

Are you planning on making the show this year Marty?

Eagle7
07-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Are you planning on making the show this year Marty?
I wish. Santa didn't bring any tires this year, and last year's were only good for half an event. I'll miss it greatly and plan to be there next year.

jay05
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
ITC
No Shawn or Vesa yet
3rd Jim hardesty

Jim, since I'm your sponsor. What do I owe you if you finish on the podium? I'm thinking a tasty Miller Lite in a can. Also, I demand 20% of your trophy if you do.

ITA_honda
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Jim, since I'm your sponsor. What do I owe you if you finish on the podium? I'm thinking a tasty Miller Lite in a can. Also, I demand 20% of your trophy if you do.

20% eh?
Ill bring the saw...:D

TAC
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I wish. Santa didn't bring any tires this year, and last year's were only good for half an event. I'll miss it greatly and plan to be there next year.

Marty,

Sorry to hear. Come on down, drink beer and crew for someone. :023:

RedMisted
07-16-2009, 07:32 PM

YUCK!! I'd hate ANY beer in a can. Gotta be out of glass/plastic or the keg for me....

Heck, I don't even like cola out of a can! :rolleyes:

jumbojimbo
07-16-2009, 09:48 PM

If I finsih on the podium the beer will be pre-iced since hell will likely be frozen over. I'll do what I can though. It's got to make you feel good that my first goal is beat Jay. New tires sitting here in the iving room though.

ITA_honda
07-17-2009, 12:02 PM
If I finsih on the podium the beer will be pre-iced since hell will likely be frozen over. I'll do what I can though. It's got to make you feel good that my first goal is beat Jay. New tires sitting here in the iving room though.

Ive got my new tires stacked in the laundry room:eclipsee_steering:

RedMisted
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
...by one car. Yeah, I just did my registration on-line... The first new Group 5 entrant in over a week!

Any other ITR cars wanna come out and play? Marty? What about the NASA guys? After all, wasn't STU (and STO) created just for them?

Rabbit07
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
ITA - Joe Moser - CRX Si - Mid Ohio is Joe's house, the rest of us are just paying rent.

:) Very well put Kevin

TAC
07-17-2009, 08:19 PM
There are a lot of new faces this year. I think the battle at the front is going to be crowded. :blink: 104 entries!

TAC
07-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Here's the latest I.T. count. 104 entries overall

ITA...19
ITB... 10
ITC....8
ITR....4
ITS....9
IT7....1
ITE....5

All classes except IT7 ( due to car count at this time) are eligible for the Hoosier contingency!

1st place 2 Hoosier racing tires ( 3 competitors in class)
2nd place 1 Hoosier racing tire ( 5 competitors in class)

Todd

tom91ita
07-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Todd,

is there a place on the registration site to add guest/crew? i was in it updating the home region info and did not see it.

tom

TAC
07-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Todd,

is there a place on the registration site to add guest/crew? i was in it updating the home region info and did not see it.

tom

Tom,

Not a problem. It was a registration question but not a requirement. Each person signs the waiver in your particular file at the track anyhow. Just make sure they let registration know they are with you. They can come in with or without your presence. If you would like us to put the info in online you can contact Starla McCauley at [email protected] she can input the data.

todd

TAC
07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,

109 entries here's how the groups are shaping up

Group 1....ITA, IT7, ITC ...............30
Group 2.....SRF, HP, FP, EP, GTL.....17
Group 3.....ITS, ITB......................19
Group 4.....ITE, GTA, AS, STO........14
Group 5.....ITR, STU......................6
Group 6....SM, SSM......................23

The chief steward and I are watching group 5 closely. Imho we will not absorb ITR and STU into another race group but may move a class(es) back into group 5. One option is moving the production cars . That totals (6) right now. Unless of course there are a bunch of ITR and STU drivers that haven't registered yet....that makes the point moot. http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Todd

RedMisted
07-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

109 entries here's how the groups are shaping up

Group 1....ITA, IT7, ITC ...............30
Group 2.....SRF, HP, FP, EP, GTL.....17
Group 3.....ITS, ITB......................19
Group 4.....ITE, GTA, AS, STO........14
Group 5.....ITR, STU......................6
Group 6....SM, SSM......................23

The chief steward and I are watching group 5 closely. Imho we will not absorb ITR and STU into another race group but may move a class(es) back into group 5. One option is moving the production cars . That totals (6) right now. Unless of course there are a bunch of ITR and STU drivers that haven't registered yet....that makes the point moot. http://www.roadraceautox.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Todd

Todd:

Thanks always for keeping us posted on the latest developments. As for ITR, have you asked Marty (black Porsche 944s) if he's coming back? I don't know how to get in contact with him but I know he was having transmission troubles a couple weeks ago.
And is Ken Martin still planning to come?

TAC
07-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Todd:

Thanks always for keeping us posted on the latest developments. As for ITR, have you asked Marty (black Porsche 944s) if he's coming back? I don't know how to get in contact with him but I know he was having transmission troubles a couple weeks ago.

Your welcome! No I haven't heard from Martin and Deirdre. Nor have I heard from Ken. I'll see if I can track them down. There are quite a few from last years race group that are local but haven't signed up.

I saw a t-shirt yesterday that seems to sum this year up so far. " The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

So true.

Todd

TAC
07-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone. 114 entries! Today is the last day to get that mail-in entry in without the late fee. Of course if you read this and have forgotten just give a call to Starla McCauley at 937-886-1076 and I'm sure we can work something out.

For those of you who don't want to commit to after R.A. or Watkin's Glen this coming weekend NO PROBLEM! http://www.specracer.com/forums/images/icon_smile_big.gif Online registration will stay open to July 28th at Noon. There is no late entry fee if you register and pay online by then.

Best Regards,

Todd

ITA_honda
07-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Your welcome! No I haven't heard from Martin and Deirdre. Nor have I heard from Ken. I'll see if I can track them down. There are quite a few from last years race group that are local but haven't signed up.

I saw a t-shirt yesterday that seems to sum this year up so far. " The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

So true.

Todd

I heard from Deirdre yesterday and she said they wont be running till later in the season...

R2 Racing
07-20-2009, 10:42 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Ken Martin is still planning on coming out with his ITR RSX-S.

ITA_honda
07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Ken Martin is still planning on coming out with his ITR RSX-S.

we were talking about a different Martin.
lol :D

R2 Racing
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
we were talking about a different Martin.
lol :D

Asked and answered.

TAC
07-20-2009, 07:49 PM
I heard from Deirdre yesterday and she said they wont be running till later in the season...

Bummer. :(

Group Entries Group 1 34 Group 2 19 Group 3 20 Group 4 14 Group 5 6 Group 6 25

Rabbit07
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Well, The Neon lives again as of tonight. Guess I'll have to order some tires and pack the trailer!:happy204: Crazy Joe, I'm coming for you:eclipsee_steering:

dominojd
07-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Well, The Neon lives again as of tonight. Guess I'll have to order some tires and pack the trailer!:happy204: Crazy Joe, I'm coming for you:eclipsee_steering:

Bring it. :happy204:

TAC
07-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Glad to hear your ready to go! :happy204:

jay05
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
I am no longer the only non-Honda in the field. ITC field a 11. Waiting on Jim to make it 12. Jon we need you to make it 13. Go find your wheel in the woods and bang that left front out. If you need a wheel, I have 2 that are not being used.

ITA_honda
07-21-2009, 02:44 PM
I am no longer the only non-Honda in the field. ITC field a 11. Waiting on Jim to make it 12. Jon we need you to make it 13. Go find your wheel in the woods and bang that left front out. If you need a wheel, I have 2 that are not being used.

we need to get a search party together out at the ledges and search for Jon's wheel. :happy204:
ill bring the beer....no wait a minute Im not 21 for another 7 days:eek:

TAC
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Keep this up and the ITC field may be bigger then the ITS field. 130 entires!

monsterbronco
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
the MidOhio School test sessions on friday evening, do we preregister for those? i tried looking around on the MO School site but didnt find any information.

Thanks

dhardison
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
the MidOhio School test sessions on friday evening, do we preregister for those? i tried looking around on the MO School site but didnt find any information.

Thanks

https://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Racing-Programs/Open-Testing---Tuning/07-31-09-Open-Testing---Tuning

monsterbronco
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
thanks for the link

TAC
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Here's the latest on the race groups. Chris, were still watching the situation with race group 5. I'm going to meet with the Chief Steward next Wednesday to discuss.

Todd

Group 1 40
Group 2 23
Group 3 21
Group 4 15
Group 5 6
Group 6 30

RedMisted
07-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Here's the latest on the race groups. Chris, were still watching the situation with race group 5. I'm going to meet with the Chief Steward next Wednesday to discuss.

Todd

Yeah. The group 5 situation is weird. I'd have no issues racing with the production guys. Wonder if they'll welcome racing against ITRs and STUs?

However it shakes out, racing is still racing.

TAC
07-23-2009, 06:57 AM
[quote=RedMisted;292319]Yeah. The group 5 situation is weird. I'd have no issues racing with the production guys. Wonder if they'll welcome racing against ITRs and STUs?

However it shakes out, racing is still racing.[/quote

I would think they may be happier than racing with SRF. A few comments have been made on the prod site's about that.

TAC
07-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone,

141 entries. Its not too late to join in the fun. Registration will be open at www.motorsportsreg.com until July 28th at Noon.

Todd

AjG
07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Hmmm, I guess I missed something... Is it really the pro course both days?
And if so, for what possible reason?
And how about lets not do that.

Greg Amy
07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Hmmm, I guess I missed something... Is it really the pro course both days? And if so, for what possible reason? And how about lets not do that.
Dude, you're like two years too late...it was decided after the first event in 2007 - when, prior to that event, there was a large contingent asking to run the pro course instead - that it would alternate years.

See you next year, I hope...

TAC
07-27-2009, 06:49 AM

Aaron,

Yes its Pro course both days. Also for the test and tune on Friday night. The reason was that the out of town ( long tow) folks desired a chance to run the "pro" course. So the Cincinnati Race Committee decided to start alternating the format. Odd years pro, Even years club. Nothing more than that.

Todd

RedMisted
07-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Aaron,

Yes its Pro course both days. Also for the test and tune on Friday night. The reason was that the out of town ( long tow) folks desired a chance to run the "pro" course. So the Cincinnati Race Committee decided to start alternating the format. Odd years pro, Even years club. Nothing more than that.

Todd

In this way we can compare our lap times against the Indy cars that will be racing M-O the following weekend....:D

ITA_honda
07-27-2009, 10:17 AM
In this way we can compare our lap times against the Indy cars that will be racing M-O the following weekend....:D

Yeah right, all we are there for this weekend is to lay rubber down for the IRL/ALMS/WORLD CHALLENGE boys...
LOL

jay05
07-27-2009, 04:43 PM
This is for those who haven't been on the RRAX forum. There is talk that ITC may move from Group 1 to Group 5 with the ITR's and STU's. I'm fine with it. Sucks a little for loading up and getting out, but it'll be easier on track getting past by a couple ITR's than a freighttrain of A's.

TAC
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
This is for those who haven't been on the RRAX forum. There is talk that ITC may move from Group 1 to Group 5 with the ITR's and STU's. I'm fine with it. Sucks a little for loading up and getting out, but it'll be easier on track getting past by a couple ITR's than a freighttrain of A's.

Now that your up to 14 ITC cars you guys may be the freight train. :happy204:

ITA_honda
07-28-2009, 08:38 AM

You know Id let you pass....lol.

lateapex911
07-28-2009, 10:02 AM

One very good reason is the track is a better race track with the longer straight. In the club configuration, it's more of a lapping track.

Having that straight be that much longer facilitates passes set up out of turn 1. I know I had passes set up, and was 1/3 alongside cars on multiple occasions that couldn't be completed going into the chicane thing there a half dozen times. Having just 300 feet more track would have been sweet.

Since racing is what we're there to do, it makes sense to add a possible passing section.

jay05
07-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Now that your up to 14 ITC cars you guys may be the freight train. :happy204:
So..... if ITC merges with Group 5, can I keep the number 05 instead of 5? This way I won't have to change the number on the car?

AjG
07-29-2009, 01:19 AM
One very good reason is the track is a better race track with the longer straight. In the club configuration, it's more of a lapping track.

Having that straight be that much longer facilitates passes set up out of turn 1. I know I had passes set up, and was 1/3 alongside cars on multiple occasions that couldn't be completed going into the chicane thing there a half dozen times. Having just 300 feet more track would have been sweet.

Since racing is what we're there to do, it makes sense to add a possible passing section.

I think that works in a spec class and probably does make for better racing. In IT though it's a clear advantage for cars with hp verses handling. Oh well, I'll just have to block..er I mean brake really hard there.:)

xr4racer
07-30-2009, 08:33 AM
According to www.motorsportreg.com (http://www.motorsportreg.com) the ITC cars have been moved to Group 5.

matt

R2 Racing
07-30-2009, 09:40 AM
...it's a clear advantage for cars with hp verses handling. Oh well, I'll just have to block..er I mean brake really hard there.:)
Are you trying to say that you think the Ford Pinto is a handling car in ITB?:o

ITA_honda
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Are you trying to say that you think the Ford Pinto is a handling car in ITB?:o

Kevin - have you seen the "Pinto boys" race? if the car isnt a handling car....they'll just make them handle. LMAO.
up and over curbs, sideways thru the grass, giving an occasional "chrome horn"
they do it all, and they are fun to watch.
or as I like to call them, the evil Pinto's!!! AHHH!:blink:

TAC
07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
So..... if ITC merges with Group 5, can I keep the number 05 instead of 5? This way I won't have to change the number on the car?

ITC is in Group 5. Jay talk to us at registration.

Todd