PDA

View Full Version : LRP June School and Regional

ner88
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
now accepting entries, www.nescca.com (http://www.nescca.com)
sorry for the delay!:happy204:

mossaidis
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I am volunteering on the 19th and racing on the 20th! :) Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

lateapex911
06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm instructing and racing..if the weather is as perfecto as last weekend, life will be good.

gran racing
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm hoping Greg or Jake won't take away my license at the comp school. Finally it's time to get out there.

dtanthon
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Remember Friday night.....
Fred Mahler's email address is - FredMahler at rcn.com ([email protected])

Pasta Dinner Benefiting Chris Wenzel
Friday, June 19th 6 - 9 p.m.

Elks Torrington Lodge
70 Litchfield St, Torrington, CT.
Donation $25 ticket

If not able to attend, please consider making a donation to an account set up in her name:
Christine Wenzel Fund
C/O Webster Bank 150 Main Street Bristol, CT 06010

LMcB
06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Remember Friday night.....
Fred Mahler's email address is - FredMahler at rcn.com ([email protected])
Pasta Dinner Benefiting Chris Wenzel
Friday, June 19th 6 - 9 p.m.
Elks Torrington Lodge
70 Litchfield St, Torrington, CT.
Donation $25 ticket

I talked with Fred this weekend about the dinner. He said that directions to the Elks Lodge (about a 40 min drive from LRP) will be at registration the morning of the driver's school for whoever wants a copy. He said there is a municipal lot that they are suggesting for people to park 1/2 a block away as well as a shopping plaza across the street. Both have plenty of room for trailers and rigs with cars for people that might want to stop by on their way to LRP for Saturday's regional. They are really trying to encourage people to let them know beforehand if they plan on attending so they don't run out of food. Contact Fred to let him know you're coming (email addy above).

Fred also gave me a list of items that will be raffled off at the benefit dinner for Chris. The list is growing fast, but here is what they've got now:

1. Signed pair of warn Spark driving gloves signed by Jon Fogarty
2. Signed pair of warn Puma driving gloves signed by Alex Gurney
3. Signed pair of Oakley driving gloves signed by Kelly Collins
4. Signed pair of Piloti high top driving shoes signed by Paul Edwards
5. (Two) 1/64 scale Gainsco Pontiac DP cars signed by Jon Fogarty and Alex Gurney
6. (Four) New Jersey Verizon 250 Grand Am race programs signed by Speed's Brian Till, Leigh Diffey, Calvin Fish, and Chris Nevelle
7. Speeds hats and t-shirt
8. 1/12 scale Jaguar SK 220 signed by Bobby Unser, David Pearson, Bob Akin, George Follmer, Eddie Hill, Brian Redman, David Hobbs, Johnny Rutherford, Ed McCulloch, and Parnelli Jones.
9. Assorted ESPN stuff
10. (Two) one-week use of a 2 bedroom condo in Naples, Florida, ½ mile from the beach!
11. $750 painting gift certificate (CT only)
12. Tom Tom GPS
13. Lots of local business gift certificates
14. Lots of assorted gift baskets
15. Many more things that are currently "unofficial"

Chris has always been a great friend to all the northeast regions of SCCA and everyone in them, drivers and workers alike. Now is our chance to be there for her.

Leigh

mossaidis
06-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I would love to go to dinner - but need to prep the car that evening. I can give a donation and *SELFISHLY* still be included in the raffle? :)

LMcB
06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I would love to go to dinner - but need to prep the car that evening. I can give a donation and *SELFISHLY* still be included in the raffle? :)

The tickets for the dinner are $25. The raffle tickets for the items listed above are being sold separately. I don't think they've decided exactly how much the raffle tickets are going to cost but they won't be expensive. So you can give a donation AND buy some raffle tickets, which wouldn't be selfish at all! :D

Leigh

THawkbh
06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I will be attending this school. It's my first time in the race car in 4 years! I'll be driving a white RX-7 with red numbers (#99). Anyone who would like is more than welcome to come say hello.

Jake, I believe it was you that my friend was paddocked across from this weekend. That is the car I'll be driving.
You won your race, right?

lateapex911
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
The ITS RX-7? Cool. Yes, I kept it on the track long enough for the win. ;) Rumours have it that I'll have a deeper field to deal with next time....I hope! I know Lou wants more too.

Fredstang05
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the interest in either the benefit or the raffle (the end result is the same!)
If anyone wants to get their hands on just raffle tickets you can contact me offline and we can make it happen.
I will also make sure that someone at registration, or the racechair (Jerry Regoli) has the raffle list and tickets availible at LRP during the driver's school on Friday.
We have just added a nice 2009 Indy 500 package to the growing list of goodies to be had.
A huge thanks to both DA and Leigh for their tireless efforts in getting the word out as well as the huge outpouring of support from the whole racing comunnity! I am so proud to be a member of this great big happy (usually) family.
Fred.
Fred Mahler
[email protected]
(860)379-9225

THawkbh
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
The ITS RX-7? Cool. Yes, I kept it on the track long enough for the win. ;) Rumours have it that I'll have a deeper field to deal with next time....I hope! I know Lou wants more too.

That's the car! can't wait to get back in it.

Fredstang05
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I forgot an important piece of info:
The raffle tickets are $2.00 each or 13(arms lenght) for $10.00.
The tickets for the Signiture Jaguar are $10.00 each (this is a true one of a kind piece signed back in 1993).
The odds on winning this car should be approx. 1 in 150ish.

THawkbh
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
hey whats the current regulations on helmets? I think mine is SA2004.

gran racing
06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Guess you haven't registered yet and been reminded about the GCR. :p That's fine. Don't worry, you can give me a bump on the track for that.

dickita15
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
hey whats the current regulations on helmets? I think mine is SA2004.

SA2000 or SA2005 are okay

raffaelli
06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
We signed up for the Regional. Also considering the school.

THawkbh
06-03-2009, 09:15 AM
cool thanks.

i'd like to get my hands on a copy of the gcr. i thought one was supposed to come with my membership, but maybe it comes with the permit.

raffaelli
06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
wrong thread...

raffaelli
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
cool thanks.

i'd like to get my hands on a copy of the gcr. i thought one was supposed to come with my membership, but maybe it comes with the permit.

You can check it out here while the mailman is doing his job.

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=44

THawkbh
06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
The day is finally just about here.

I have 3 questions:
It says there is a classroom session only from 7:30-9:30 tomorrow night. Is this right? Last time I did a school there was a ~ 4hr classroom session on the thursday afternoon before the driving.
Is the Lime Rock chalet the new building at the top of the hill?

Also, I just heard there is a new rule about some sort of pocket containing medical information that is to be secured to the outside of the helmet. Does anyone know anything about this?

Greg Amy
06-17-2009, 09:11 PM
It says there is a classroom session only from 7:30-9:30 tomorrow night. Is this right?
Whatever the supps say, that's what rules.

Is the Lime Rock chalet the new building at the top of the hill?
Right up behind the concession stand, up on the hill, I believe.

...new rule about some sort of pocket containing medical information that is to be secured to the outside of the helmet. Does anyone know anything about this?
It's so that your medical info does not have to be revealed on your entry. Instead, you put write it on a small card and place it on your helmet so the medical crew has immediate access to it.

We'll have them at the track in Tech, I think they cost a buck. Buy two, just in case.

GA