PDA

View Full Version : TEAMDI ProIT/Veteran Homestead

Robert Zecca
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Dear Competitors

This August we will be running at the MoHud National at LRP. This will truly be an incredible event. One of our own Tim Mullen has come up with a great idea and this idea is to support the Veteran Homestead. This is a great organization out of Mass. which caters to the needs of veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan. After I heard Leslie Lightfoot speak at a meeting with Maria from LRP marketing, Tim, Michelle and myself, I was shocked and truly saddened by what I learned that day. Please visit: www.veteranhomestead.org (http://www.veteranhomestead.org)

We as SCCA competitors need to help bring awareness to this organization. Part of what I would like is for everyone to rally and support this cause. Tim is truly incredible and coming up with ideas to promote this event. We will have the scouts, Harley Owners Club and other groups attend as spectators. We will have support by some of the troops, possibly a military band and flyby??? The whole idea is to raise awareness and funds. This past weekend I donated a helmet signed by some of the drivers at LRP and we raised over $500 for the Homestead. We will be donating a helmet for every single event this year at LRP including ALMS, our event, NASCAR and Vintage festival. We will be selling raffle tickets for $1 for a helmet signed by the drivers of that weekend. WE NEED TO RAISE AT LEAST $10k by the end of year. Please help us and support this cause. If it were not for these veterans we would not have the freedoms we so much enjoy living in the best country in the world!

God bless America, our fallen heroes and our vets!

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com)
www.proitseries.com (http://www.proitseries.com)

dtanthon
05-27-2009, 10:40 PM
This will be an amazing event for an amazing group of people. Time for us to give back to those that gave so much so we can have the freedom we enjoy.

StephenB
07-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Hello Fellow Racers Across the Country! If you would like to help support our cause please visit the website I created below. It has a Paypal link that is set up for donations specifically for the Veterans Homestead. 1 week after the conclusion of the event (Aug. 7th) I will be writing a check for all of the money donated!

Please feel free to post this link on any networking sites that you may use. Our goal is simple... raise as much money as we can to support this great organization! :happy204:

http://www.rstperformance.com/Donations/2009AugRacingforVeteransPROITB.htm

Thanks in advance for your support!
Stephen Blethen

PS: If you would prefer to send money directly to the Veterans Homestead The address is also included in the link.

Tkczecheredflag
07-10-2009, 06:00 AM
The "green flag" dropped at CPM Motorsports. We are working on our pledges - So far I have $240 pledged/collected and we are just getting started. I am using Facebook to help promote - Veternan's Homestead also has a FB page.

Would love to make this event a success.

Robert Zecca
07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks To Tim and Carol and the work they are doing. I hope all will follow Tim's lead.

Tkczecheredflag
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
The "set up" is feeling right for The Veternan's Homstead Race - we just hit $640 in pledges - now we just need to pace ourself to the finish. We'll keep peddlin'

Tkczecheredflag
07-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Time for a "pit stop" to check my set up.

So far 22 pledges for $800.00. Need to start to stretch my legs and get to crossed the flags so I can start to bring this baby home to the checkered flag. I don't see anyone in my rear view mirror.

Tkczecheredflag
07-15-2009, 11:03 PM
For those racers who want to raise money for Veteran's Homestead but would like to do it without any effort - I have the answer.

I have several pledgers who will DOUBLE their pledge to Veteran's Homestead if I win the race - It couldn't be easier for you raise money for this great cause. Instead of puttin' the peddle down now to raise money, just "lift" at the end of the race.

I believe CPM Motorpsports has crossed the $1,000.00 mark today - Now it's time to get to work and get to the next level.

Still no one in my rear view:shrug:.

Tkczecheredflag
07-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Stumbled into three more pledges today - cracked $1,100.00.

M5rokit
07-17-2009, 07:32 AM
I'll be hounding my family and friends on this as I'm trying to bring some up for the races on 8/1! I'll scale the donations to how I do. Whoa, that may be too much pressure. Enough with Thiele and Breault on my ass!

Tkczecheredflag
07-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Promoting the Team DI Pro IT race at LRP big time - hoping for many fans to come out on the hill. I should have a feature article in the People Section of our local paper, The Ridgefield Press next Thursday - Maybe that gives us a bump.

We're at the "crossed flags" - a quick tally has CPM Motorsports at $1,300.00 +. It would be nice to double this effort for "our Vets." I plan to set up a table at the Kevin Costner, Modern West show at The Ridgefield Playhouse July 22nd- Maybe that will bring in some more pledgers/money. Then a final push for the "Czechered Flag."

Keep peddlin' fellow racers - please let's try to make this a successful fund raiser for the troops who served us ALL and that made racing a freedom we can enjoy.

I have found the statistic that makes people most uncomfortable about our Vets and loosens their purse strings is that 23% are homeless. What did Uncle Sam say after "I Want You." "Fight for your Country and get a Kenmore Refrigerator Box." Vets benefits are not what they used to be.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/img/media/440_l.jpg (http://americanhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/exhibition/zoomify.asp?id=440&type=i&width=640&height=480&hideAlt=1)

Home one of our of Desert Storm Vets

http://outsidersexhibit.net/images/shelter-2.jpg

TimM ITB
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Tim Klavana!! You da man!!

But, it may be one thing to beat me like a rented mule on the track, but I ain't gonna let you out-do me on the pledge drive!

I just sent another email to all friends, family, business associates, cousins, half-cousins, and any person that gave me their business cards for the last 5 years.........they're all getting plugged for pledges!!

I have $440 in my hands and counting........but will post more results at the end of the week.....stay tuned.

BRING IT!

TimM ITB
07-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey,

In the 2 minutes since I just sent out the email........I just got another $100 pledge!!!

$540 and I haven't broken a sweat yet!

Start lookin' in your rear view mirror, my friend.

:happy204:

Tkczecheredflag
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Tim my brother - Always like freindly competition for a great cause - Our Vets.

$555.00 cash in hand - $2215.00 pledged. Additional $120.00 pledged for a ITA class win.

I see something in the rear view but not sure what or who it is - How does the saying go, "what's behind me is not important" - I just broke the mirror off the windscreen and tossed it out the window.:eclipsee_steering:

Tkczecheredflag
07-20-2009, 11:13 PM
A couple of creative ideas to raise money for Veternan's Homestead.

Donate the first "money fund" check you recieved from Darrell for Team DI Pro IT races back to Veteran's Homestead and take the tax deduction.

Let's pedge the prize money from this event to Veteran's Homestead.

Just a thought - anyone game?

TimM ITB
07-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Outstanding!

First, $780 as of this morning - still a small speck in your mirror, but I'm a coming!

Second, I'm all for the prize money from this event going to the Vets........I certainly think it's a great idea and would put my "vote" for it. Is a vote in order at the track?

Anybody else have some pledge information that they would like to share? No matter what you have - it's all good! :happy204:

Some information for you about "prizes" and activities:

I know that Bob Z has a helmet signed by all of the ALMS drivers (Bob donated the helmet! THANK YOU Bob!) that is going to be part of the raffle / auction, we have two signed racing momento's from AJ Foyt (that's right....THE AJ Foyt), we have racing "stuff" coming from Boris Said (No Fear Racing) and from Eric Curran (Whelen Engineering). PLUS, we have lunch time track rides (2 cars!) being donated by Flatout Motorsports as part of our raffle prizes! Great stuff to help get LOTS of raffle tickets sold! Excellent! Anybody else want to add to the prize bin, please let me know and we can put it into the program!

So, keep talking the weekend up - the more folks that come, the better for the Veteran Homestead, Lime Rock Park, and the SCCA - it's a win all the way!

Thanks,

Tkczecheredflag
07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Outstanding!

First, $780 as of this morning - still a small speck in your mirror, but I'm a coming!

Second, I'm all for the prize money from this event going to the Vets........I certainly think it's a great idea and would put my "vote" for it. Is a vote in order at the track?

Keep peddlin' Tim - It should be an exciting finish.:eclipsee_steering:

If racers are in favor of a vote, I'm all for that regarding Team DI Pro IT prize money. It would be a great show of support for this cause - Easy come, easy go, or, hard come, easy go, whatever you like.

I'll keep hustlin' on my end - Tomorrow night I'll have a table set up at the Kevin Costner, Modern West show at The Ridgefield Playhouse, who knows what that will bring. It appears the KC is a huge NASCAR fan - maybe I can get him to participate in some special way - I'll do my best.

Tim - I've been known to sand bag in a race, so take my pledge report for what that's worth.:D

Now where did I put that "pledge nitrous bottle."
:shrug:

TimM ITB
07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Kevin Costner??? Tim - he can RACE my car if you can get him to do something for us!! Hell, I will GIVE him my car!!! Man, would that be cool if you could get him to support in some fashion! And as part of my basic Philosophy of Life 101.......it never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is that he'll say no.

Go get him!

Hey, last total = $1030..............the speck is getting bigger! Pledge nitrous? I gotta git me some of that!

StephenB
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Please feel free to post this link on any networking sites that you may use. Our goal is simple... raise as much money as we can to support this great organization! :happy204:

http://www.rstperformance.com/Donations/2009AugRacingforVeteransPROITB.htm

Thanks in advance for your support!
Stephen Blethen

PS: If you would prefer to send money directly to the Veterans Homestead The address is also included in the link.

Hey guys /gals,

I haven't had much luck.. seems as though all my friends are poor and I am not that great at selling stuff!! Either way lets say that EACH IT driver in the race raises $25 bucks. that is $1000! and that is just with $25 bucks each... if we make it $50 bucks each we would have $2000 it adds up fast even if it's just a little bit! If anyone thinks that a website and link to paypall would help just PM me. I used the website above so I could send out to friends family and coworkers. I can make one for you but the only catch is that it starts out with www.rstperformance/donations.... and it goes into my paypal. (unless you give me the code for yours which I probably wouldn't share, who knows who can see e-mails and such) I WILL bring a printout of ALL transactions for the month so you can feel comfortable with it.

I hope everyone is doing well and gosh I hope I don't fall this far behind Tim on the track!

TimM ITB
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Klvana

..............$1430.........and gaining on you! :eclipsee_steering:

The speck is now a little bigger in your mirro! More like a bug splatter!

Robert Zecca
07-21-2009, 08:56 PM
This past weekend at the ALMS race we donated a helmet and got it signed by a ton of drivers. This will be raffled off at the event. I will be donating another helmet and having it signed at the Watkins Glen event to be raffled off and a third to be signed at the LRP EVENT so lets raise some money!!

Tkczecheredflag
07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey Klvana

..............$1430.........and gaining on you! :eclipsee_steering:

The speck is now a little bigger in your mirro! More like a bug splatter!

I'm lovin' it big time Tim - not sure how much more I have in me so keep peddlin' - you're the best!

TimM ITB
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey PRO-IT'ers! I got checks and pledges so far totaling $1910........and I got the pedal all the way to the floorboard!

Hey Tim..........still a small speck in the mirror?? Here I come!! :eclipsee_steering:

See you all at the Glen.......and then on to Lime Rock!

Tkczecheredflag
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Holy Farfenuggen!!!

Yes sir Tim - a bit bigger than a speck now - We're on the back stretch gettin ready to stretch our legs to the finish - Good Luck my friend.:happy204:

Tkczecheredflag
07-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Tim my brother - cracked $3,000.00 with this morning new envelopes.

I am extremely happy that the Team DI Pro IT drivers unanimously agreed this weekend to donate all prize money proceeds to Veternan Homestead:happy204:

TimM ITB
07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Damnit! And I thought that I was going to run you down!! I just broke the $2000 mark this morning, but I don't know if I can get to you this late in the game!

Hey - great job Tim! It's all good! :happy204:

see you at LRP

Tkczecheredflag
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Rounding the last corner and heading for the Czechered Flags - Total as of today
$3,410.00

Thanks everyone for your help.

TimM ITB
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Timothy!

You are my hero!!!

You win, my friend.........I ended up at $2380.........respectable but no where near your total!

Congrats.....and looking forward to a perfect Lime Rock day on Saturday!

later,

TIm M

Tkczecheredflag
07-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Timothy!

You are my hero!!!

You win, my friend.........I ended up at $2380.........respectable but no where near your total!

Congrats.....and looking forward to a perfect Lime Rock day on Saturday!

later,

TIm M
Thanks for the inspiration Tim - Our Vet's deserve it.

Also, I would like a couple of Purple Hearts for the trailer, if possible.

See you Sunday - I think I have about 50 people coming to watch. Also, our local radio station I-95 has been giving away tickets for the race and promoting the Team Di Pro-IT Veteran Homestead race. Very cool.