PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MARRS race articles/pictures

slowSER
05-27-2009, 02:01 PM
To all D.C. Region members, we're looking for content on 2009 MARRS races for the "Straightpipe" magazine. They could be write ups about your race, your buddy's race or just a race you were interested in, or pictures you took from the race weekend.

Or if you'd like to volunteer to cover future races, that would be even better.

What we are NOT looking for is a race recap that looks like it was written by going over the official results. We'd be more interested in some of the "stories behind the stories" such as the guy who wrenched all night to get the car ready for a race, or more detailed stories from the race that may not necessarily involve the front runners, you know, more human interest stuff.

So far, we've had one submission from an IT racer from the first MARRS race at Summit Point, and nothing else from the club racing side. I can already hear all the complaints from road racers when the next "Straightpipe" is full of autocross articles and pictures. :)

Eric Kriemelmeyer, publication/art coordinator, [email protected]
Pat Griffith (that's me), editor, [email protected]

Pat

JamesB
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Straightpipe still exists? Cool.

slowSER
05-27-2009, 03:02 PM
The next one issue is scheduled for August. We were supposed to go to press with one at the beginning of the month but it got nixed because of budget constraints. :(

Pat

spnkzss
05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Email sent. I have pics from M1 and plan to take some more from M4. Only problem is I'm very one sided. IT racing is all I take pictures of, cause it's the only thing that matters ;)

joeg
05-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Come on back to Nelson!

slowSER
06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
The DC Region doesn't have the budget in the near future for print editions of "Straightpipe." :(

However, never fear, we are looking at using the WDCR Web site to host content. :026: Shooting for mid-July.

We would like some road racing articles, though. :)

Pat