PDA

View Full Version : New racing guide needed

wepsbee
05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Went to LRP this weekend for the Koni Challenge. Great race, good learning experience. watching their lines and taking notes will come in handy later. I went to the track store and purchased a couple of how to books and noticed a nice stack of the David Gran books. I thought it would be a great time for an accomplished author with previous racing knowledge to move on to the next step and write a simplified how to book for the new racers. We now know how to become a racer but now the issues invoved in actually racing and understanding what to do are sometimes hard to figure out. Suspension setup and nomenclature, why the car does what it does and how to fix it and other hard to understand subjects need to be clarified. There are many books but none seem to be written in a way a newbie can understand. A lot of books require an Engineering degree to understand. Constantly asking questions of veteran drivers is a great way to learn but it seems everyone has a different opinion and we (newbies) get nervous and feel rather inadaquate always asking questions to the point where we feel like a pain in the A-- to the Vets.
D.G. are you listening???????

raffaelli
05-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I thought the name of his next book should be

"I took the wheel, now what?"

gran racing
05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
No next niche road racing book for me. lol While the experience has been pretty cool, and hopefully helped some people get into racing it continues to operate at a financial loss. I imagine a book like you're taking about would fall into a similar situation where finding someone to make the significant time and financial investment would probably be tough. I would read it if someone were to write it.

wepsbee
05-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Well I am sorry about how the book worked out . I found it to be a great reference and full of helpful info. We can always hope something will enable you to take the next step. We will be watching!!!!!!