PDA

View Full Version : what is ITE

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 12:34 AM
what is the difference between ITS and ITE? i looked for the rules and this is the only thing i found and dont really understand it
http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/rules/NewRules/2006ITErules_rev.pdf

thanks for ur time
ismael

Z3_GoCar
05-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Seems pretty simple all you have to do is:

1) Any tub chassis production vehicle running with DOT tires.
2) Preparation Rules: International Sedans may modify the floor pan/rocker panel sections.
3) Cars must meet the Showroom Stock or IT safety requirements of the current General Competition
Regulations.

everything else is wild west. Of course you can dial back on some of the mod's, say if you're an ITS legal car and want to run another run group. AWD and Turbo's are welcome.

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 12:57 AM
*edit* double post

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
hmmmm so pretty much its everything goes....so i could lets say.....street port my car or bridge port correct?? so pretty much its kinda like SP class... so in this class money talks im looking at the newpaper right now and see a 300zx, three zo6 and a z4 so that seems like some tough competition..is this correct??

Z3_GoCar
05-22-2009, 01:11 AM
The toughest would be Joe Hall, looks like it was Uncle Joe Benson though. Watching him last year he was running slower than Bill Stern's and Chris Qualls AS cars. I was outrunning them, Now a 4th gen Firebird Formula had my number with straight line handling.

The trick ticket would be a gen III turbo motor built like it was going to run the 24hrs of Daytona. That and a huge wing/splitter with a cage that runs the full length of the car, and top it off with carbon panels.

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
how big of a budget woould u need to be competetive in ite? the thing is im building a car for ITS but noticed that there isnt anyone running ITS here in calclub region except for Frank Honsowetz in a 300zx which is running ITS and tho i would love to race against him but a class with only 2 cars is too small ....do u know what i mean?

quadzjr
05-22-2009, 07:56 AM
There are more cars classed and run in ITE than ITS in your region? weird.

Knestis
05-22-2009, 09:42 AM
To clarify, most regions' ITE rules (again, they vary from place to place) don't actually list specific cars. They tend to define what can - or more often, what can't be done to the car. It's probably an overgeneralization but pretty much all ITE rule sets require DOT tires. Some regions (WDC for example) have very specific rules - in that case, that cars must be built to SOME rule book, including from defunct series like the old Firehawk series.

Anyone interested in this option needs to get rules from their home region, and from nearby regions (to see if you have the option of traveling elsewhere if you want). You should also go to a couple of races to see what those rules look like in action. Some places have big ITE fields, and others very small classes.

K

Greg Amy
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Everyone should keep in mind that ITE ("Enduro" or "Endurance") is "Improved Touring" in name only. It was a class offered by some regions (started in the Southeast, yes?) as a "catch all" place for outdated Firehawk-like cars to play. It was simply given the IT moniker as a means of convenience.

In no way would I recommend trying to incorporate ITE into the National/GCR rules set. There are far too many variants/rules/allowances among prepration options for this group to even be remotely considered Improved Touring in philosophy or implementation.

GA

suki101
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Edit for not realizing you posted the link.....

Z3_GoCar
05-22-2009, 03:01 PM
ITE worked great for me initally because I didn't have to track down a stock steel hood or a heater core that didn't come with my car. I just entered and drove, now admittedly I was driving aginst some that I had no chance catching. Of the ITE cars listed three are double dipping T1's. I think Uncle Joe's like the only serious ITE car in that list.

I'd recommend that you just stick with the ITS build and if you want more cars to race, then double dip into ITE.

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 04:32 PM
There are more cars classed and run in ITE than ITS in your region? weird.

yeah tell me about it lol

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
ITE worked great for me initally because I didn't have to track down a stock steel hood or a heater core that didn't come with my car. I just entered and drove, now admittedly I was driving aginst some that I had no chance catching. Of the ITE cars listed three are double dipping T1's. I think Uncle Joe's like the only serious ITE car in that list.

I'd recommend that you just stick with the ITS build and if you want more cars to race, then double dip into ITE.

yeah thats probably what i will do... i think the run in the same group tho..i know that last one i went to go watch there was a gt-3 rx7 running in ite

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/86panda/DSC03871.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/86panda/DSC03896.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/86panda/DSC03922.jpg

Z3_GoCar
05-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Note yellow 22 is one of the T1 cars ( Oli's ). Usually ITE will be grouped with GT, Production, Super Production, American Sedan, and Radial Sedan. I always missed not running in the IT run group, at least last year ITE was the only IT not running in the IT run group. The light numbers are a sign of the economic situation, the avalibility of many different organizations to race with, and the length of our season. Remember we started our season in January there's still lots of time to get races in August through October we have four more weekends to race.