PDA

View Full Version : Steel Cities BeaveRun Double Regional

ITA_honda
05-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Steel Cities will be hosting their double regional June 6-7, 2009

Saturday will feature 20 minute qualifying with 23 lap races.
Sunday will feature 15 minute qualifying with 17 lap races, as well as a 2 hour enduro in the afternoon.

Info, supps, and entry forms can be found at www.steelcities-scca.org

hope to see you there!

RedMisted
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't worry, Greg. You'll see me there. :)I just hope to see another ITR car!

Hey, any ITR guys gonna be at this event? It's no fun racing uncontested in class like I did this past weekend at Nelson. In fact, I felt a little weird taking the victory laps. But I suppose it was good show for my friends who were there watching.

cjb25hs
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Already registered for both days plus the 2 hour enduro. Can't wait, it's only 35 minutes from my house.

Greg, can't wait to run with you again, got my car sorted out, no more misfire and completely rebuilt /new suspension and tires. Should be a blast:happy204:

ITA_honda
05-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Already registered for both days plus the 2 hour enduro. Can't wait, it's only 35 minutes from my house.

Greg, can't wait to run with you again, got my car sorted out, no more misfire and completely rebuilt /new suspension and tires. Should be a blast:happy204:

I thought that was you! haha. Yes I cant wait either bro! Only thing is ive never run Beaverun so you will have a step up on me. But I hope I can adapt quickly before you pull away from me:blink:

Maybe Ill just latch on your rear bumper or something:D

I just rebuilt my suspension also! This could be quite interesting:eclipsee_steering:

ITA_honda
05-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Don't worry, Greg. You'll see me there. :)I just hope to see another ITR car!

Hey, any ITR guys gonna be at this event? It's no fun racing uncontested in class like I did this past weekend at Nelson. In fact, I felt a little weird taking the victory laps. But I suppose it was good show for my friends who were there watching.

Chris, A win is a win reguardless. Take a victory lap. But I know what you mean about "no competition" A little weird.

See you in a couple of weeks. Ive got my work cut out for me. Im working grid for the MVR national this weekend at Nelson as well as the OVR national/regional at Mid-Ohio.
Then the trip to Beaverun the weekend after!

RedMisted
05-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Chris, A win is a win reguardless. Take a victory lap. But I know what you mean about "no competition" A little weird.

See you in a couple of weeks. Ive got my work cut out for me. Im working grid for the MVR national this weekend at Nelson as well as the OVR national/regional at Mid-Ohio.
Then the trip to Beaverun the weekend after!

You are ever the good soldier, Greg. Wish I could devote as much time to the club. Thanks for all your help.

ITA_honda
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
You are ever the good soldier, Greg. Wish I could devote as much time to the club. Thanks for all your help.

Eh, I try my best.
I cant complain that im never out at the track though:blink:
haha:D

cjb25hs
05-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Bump to the top, get out there and register. Entries are very low and from what things sound like the enduro will be cancelled, only 3 cars registered and I am 1 of them:(

RedMisted
05-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Bump to the top, get out there and register. Entries are very low and from what things sound like the enduro will be cancelled, only 3 cars registered and I am 1 of them:(

Do you know how many cars are registered overall for the event? The NESCCA website shows 9 online registrations, but of course the mail-in registrations might be higher. I'm there even if I have to race against myself again in ITR. :shrug:

cjb25hs
05-31-2009, 09:43 AM
From what I heard from the registrar is that the turn out was very low. Last year at the steel cities double at Beaver, we only had around 40 cars. Not sure but you may have Dan Jones to run against on Sunday he was talking about coming out possibly that day.

RedMisted
05-31-2009, 01:50 PM
From what I heard from the registrar is that the turn out was very low. Last year at the steel cities double at Beaver, we only had around 40 cars. Not sure but you may have Dan Jones to run against on Sunday he was talking about coming out possibly that day.

Thanks for the response.
If I recall correctly, last year's Beaverun double regional coincided with the IT Fest at Mid Ohio. Hopefully, the car counts will be up next weekend because there are no other competing events that I know of.
It'll be nice to see Dan again. He'll beat me but so what. I like the competition and it's even better when you're racing against nice guys like him.

cjb25hs
05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
I had a message from the registrar tonite. At this point based on the car counts we will be down to 4 groups from 6 and there will be no 2 hour enduro on Sunday. At this point there will be an additional race on Saturday it looks like maybe a 1 hour enduro that will not be part of the Kryder Series or the NE Div Enduro series.

Last year ITA was combined with ITS, ITE and ITR. I will find out more closer to the weekend and will keep everyone interested up to speed.

RedMisted
05-31-2009, 11:52 PM
I had a message from the registrar tonite. At this point based on the car counts we will be down to 4 groups from 6 and there will be no 2 hour enduro on Sunday. At this point there will be an additional race on Saturday it looks like maybe a 1 hour enduro that will not be part of the Kryder Series or the NE Div Enduro series.

...I will find out more closer to the weekend and will keep everyone interested up to speed.

Thanks!

ITA_honda
06-01-2009, 08:19 AM

Last year ITA was combined with ITS, ITE and ITR. I will find out more closer to the weekend and will keep everyone interested up to speed.

thanks for the info Chris.
Thats what i heard a week or so ago....car counts didnt look good at all. And I highly doubted they would have the 2 hour enduro.

See ya'll in a couple of weeks

cjb25hs
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
thanks for the info Chris.

See ya'll in a couple of weeks

You mean in a couple of days:happy204:

ITA_honda
06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
You mean in a couple of days:happy204:

weeks...days...same thing.

C'MON MAN....its Monday morning. My brain is not functioning yet....and I also need more coffee JAVA JAVA JAVA JAVA JAVA.:026:

Ill be there Friday evening to set up.

Where will you be paddocking??
same for you Dercole...where will you be at?

cjb25hs
06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I usually paddock along the front straight after the Timing tower along the fence. I should be there around 5 on Friday

RedMisted
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I'll be there late afternoon. Really don't know where to paddock as I've never raced Beaver before. I used to track day my Mustang there and I simply parked up on the hill at the offices. But of course that's out what with towing vehicles, equipment, etc.

Where can you paddock on a nice, relatively clean surface?

ITA_honda
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
The paddock is along the front straight
and it is nice and smooth and clean.
and there are also some other spots (I call it the upper paddock) away from the front straight.

RedMisted
06-01-2009, 11:30 PM
I'll push stakes somewhere.

ITA_honda
06-02-2009, 08:26 AM
I'll push stakes somewhere.

yeah, I cant set my canopy up on pavement.
I need to stake it in the grass.

I heard Steel Cities may be offering a short enduro (45 min) for FREE or MINIMAL $25 charge. For 45 minutes.....at 25 bucks...thats a no brainer.
If I have tires left I think Im going to do it...since Ive never been there before, track time should be very valuable!:D

And besides Im buying new tires after this weekend so Im bringing all my tires that I have and may run em all the way down to the cords!!! LOL:eclipsee_steering:

cjb25hs
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM

I heard Steel Cities may be offering a short enduro (45 min) for FREE or MINIMAL $25 charge. For 45 minutes.....at 25 bucks...thats a no brainer.
If I have tires left I think Im going to do it...since Ive never been there before, track time should be very valuable!:D

And besides Im buying new tires after this weekend so Im bringing all my tires that I have and may run em all the way down to the cords!!! LOL:eclipsee_steering:

There will be an addtional race of some kind, sounds like it will be on Saturday most likely. I am in the same boat on tires at least with my 14's I have four I want to kill off and now have (6) 15's to break in.

RedMisted
06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
I heard that as of last night, there were only 34 cars registered for the event.
I would be very interested in the enduro on Sat. if that comes off. I think with less than 6 race groups, the track shouldn't sit idle since it's being rented. Yeah, throw together an enduro for everybody and charge it cheap to get the entrants (and help limit the losses from the track rental).

dj10
06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey Guys, I'll be testing @ Beaver Run Friday. So if anyone needs help please look me up. You'll see my Red BMW E36 #10. Even if you don't need help with anything, stop by and say hi. If all goes well I'll probably do just Sat. race.

rickyellow90
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Hey Greg keep posted on the schedule so I no what time I need to be there Saturday also on the enduro, was looking forward to running it. Do we have any ITA group counts as of yet? I hope we have a decent turnout.

Rick Jarrett
ITA 88
Honda Civic

cjb25hs
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Greg keep posted on the schedule so I no what time I need to be there Saturday also on the enduro, was looking forward to running it. Do we have any ITA group counts as of yet? I hope we have a decent turnout.

Rick Jarrett
ITA 88
Honda Civic

Including you Rick, I know we have 4 for sure, myself, Greg and Scott Nutter

rickyellow90
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Ran it last year and the field was small I was hoping for a better turnout:(

RedMisted
06-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Group four right now looks like 5 ITA (I'm counting Greg), 2 ITS, and 2 ITR cars. Dr. Dan will show up in ITE if he can get his computer issues straightened out.

cjb25hs
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Group four right now looks like 5 ITA (I'm counting Greg), 2 ITS, and 2 ITR cars. Dr. Dan will show up in ITE if he can get his computer issues straightened out.

I hopefully will make the steel cities mtg tomorrow nite. If I do I will post up all the details.

cjb25hs
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Weather looks great for Friday and Saturday, Sunday so-so 76 and 30% chance of Isolated T-storms

ITA_honda
06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Including you Rick, I know we have 4 for sure, myself, Greg and Scott Nutter

I was pretty sure Scott said he was running IT-7.
but he said he may run ITA.....
more ITA entries the better....

ITA_honda
06-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Ran it last year and the field was small I was hoping for a better turnout:(

Steel Cities cancelled their regional August 1-2. Same weekend as the IT fest.
They ran the same regional last year during the IT fest and there were only 30 some cars....

Cause I wanted to do the IT fest this year anyway!!!:happy204:

cjb25hs
06-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Steel Cities cancelled their regional August 1-2. Same weekend as the IT fest.
They ran the same regional last year during the IT fest and there were only 30 some cars....

Cause I wanted to do the IT fest this year anyway!!!:happy204:

This is news to me Greg, I do not believe that the August event is cancelled. They are having a level 3 time trial during that weekend in conjunction with the Road Racing. The region will most likely get a minimum of 30 to 40 cars just for that. Last year the turnout was low but there were 39 cars last year. I hope that after today there will be closer to 50 cars for this weekend.

ITA_honda
06-03-2009, 09:09 AM
This is news to me Greg, I do not believe that the August event is cancelled. They are having a level 3 time trial during that weekend in conjunction with the Road Racing. The region will most likely get a minimum of 30 to 40 cars just for that. Last year the turnout was low but there were 39 cars last year. I hope that after today there will be closer to 50 cars for this weekend.

Oh really? Im sorry....I heard otherwise..my bad.

cjb25hs
06-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Here is what I found out today, 45 cars 4 run groups and a 1 hour enduro. Did not make the meeting so I am getting this second hand. Right now the August event is at 90% cancelled. See everyone tomorrow night.

ITA_honda
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Here is what I found out today, 45 cars 4 run groups and a 1 hour enduro. Did not make the meeting so I am getting this second hand. Right now the August event is at 90% cancelled. See everyone tomorrow night.

thanks for the update Chris, see ya guys tomorrow.

RedMisted
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM

Thanks so much for the info! Now I know how to proceed for the weekend. Chris, c'mon over and introduce yourself if you get the chance. (#91 red ITR Mustang.)

ITA_honda
06-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Thanks so much for the info! Now I know how to proceed for the weekend. Chris, c'mon over and introduce yourself if you get the chance. (#91 red ITR Mustang.)

If me and Braunlich never met before id say something like this....."cmon over and say hi, im the tallest person there, you cant miss me":D

LMAO

rickyellow90
06-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Is the Enduro Saturday or Sunday.

Rick Jarrett
ITA 88
Honda Civic

ITA_honda
06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Is the Enduro Saturday or Sunday.

Rick Jarrett
ITA 88
Honda Civic

Rick, Im not sure what day it is. If I do find out however...ill give u a call.

gpeluso
06-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know the breakdown of the run groups....who is with who now since things must have changed..... any info from the ones incharge would be great.

Thanks
greg

Scott Nutter
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry to say I won't be making it. Out of town for work. I haven't raced yet this year:(

RedMisted
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone know when the enduro will be run?