PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in new Hawk Blues for the 1st gen CRX or 3rd gen Civic?

iambhooper
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm working on a deal to get some new brake pads for the ITB CRX. He want's me to try the Hawk Blue compound. As we all know, Hawk doesn't make that compound in our bracket shape, therefore they've had to be cut down.

If I can get them to make a run of 20 or so pair, would people be interested? I'm not wanting to be in charge of a group buy or anything, but would be willing to keep people informed. I have posted this on RPR also.

Also, if people have feedback on the compound, that's welcome too.

hoop

SATURNRACER
05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
what is the number on the pad like HB213?

iambhooper
05-15-2009, 06:20 AM
I don't know the numbers. I do know the only pad that Hawk made for our cars over the last several years, was in the Solo compound.

I've been talking with a fellow IT racer that works for CV Products. He has been in contact with Hawk, talking with them about making a run of 20 sets or so of the Blues in the pad shape for the 1st get CRX's.

ITC69
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Hoop:
If You Can Get Pads For 84-87 Civic Made As Well As Crx, Contact Me

iambhooper
06-05-2009, 06:20 AM
I guess I should have udpated everyone... it's not going to happen. Not enough interest to have any sets made. As for the difference between the civic and the crx, it's kinda crappy that everything is the same, except for the caliper brackets.