PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 TeamDI Pro IT race at NJMP

Terry Hanushek
05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Registration for Round 3 on the Thunderbolt Raceway course of New Jersey Motorsports Park is now open on the DLB online registration site ( http://www.dlbracing.com (http://www.dlbracing.com/) ). Set the filter bar to show South Jersey Region | All.

This round is scheduled for Sunday, 7 June in conjunction with the Jersey Devil NESCCA National. There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 5 June using the Thunderbolt course.

Hope to see ya at NJMP

Terry

tdw6974
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered !

dtanthon
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered!

robits325is
05-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Registered!!

dtanthon
05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
18 so far online. 9 ITS cars!!!!! Don't know about the paper (snail-mail) entries.

Round 3 is presented by the South Jersey Region on Thunderbolt at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Registration is on http://www.dlbracing.com (http://www.dlbracing.com/) . Set the filter bar to show South Jersey Region | All.

This is the course we will be using in September when we headline with ARCA, All Star Race Trucks and VW Jetta TDI Cup.

This round is scheduled for Sunday, 7 June in conjunction with the Jersey Devil NESCCA National. There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 5 June.

Most IT cars can double dip into the National as STU or STO, get yourself a track record?

rsx858
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered!

I hear also that they redid some of the curbing on this track, and its great. I remeber thunderbolt's curbing to be ok last year or at least a lot better than lightning.. Hopefully they redid that to.

dtanthon
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I flagged there for the Grand Am test day (station 10) and Friday practice (station 3), I then made the drive to NHMS for Round 1. The Grand AM cars were going on the new curbing 100% without trouble.

They did a real nice job over the winter with the curbs. Plus they cultivated and replanted next to the track with some type of grass that actually grew. We walked back from Station 10 to the pit lane on TRhursday to get a real close look. It was nice seeing green grass on the edge of the track. There was very little dust. Time should tell that NJMP got it this time.

Also, dealing with the staff at NJMP this year has been a pleasure. They have their act together. between TeamDI Pro IT and regionals we can race there 5 times this year.

rsx858
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
aside from the glen, NJMP is quickly becoming my favorite place to race. Glad to hear the people who run the place are good to work with unlike some of the tracks we run apparently.

For those of you who have yet to run thunderbolt, it is a great track, personally i like lightning a bit better but thunderbolt is certainly unique and challenging in its own way.

:happy204:

rsx858
05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
PRO-IT seems awfully popular with the ITS guys. Currently 10 out of the 21 reg'd are ITS.. Cant complain, but where are you ITA/B/C guys??:shrug:

tdw6974
05-27-2009, 02:02 PM
have rented a garage under the vip suites and wondered if they have power,air, workbench furnished? t weaver:eclipsee_steering::eclipsee_steering:

dominojd
05-28-2009, 05:40 PM
PRO-IT seems awfully popular with the ITS guys. Currently 10 out of the 21 reg'd are ITS.. Cant complain, but where are you ITA/B/C guys??:shrug:

No Sheet? I am reg'ing on Mon. What's it gonna be me, Timmah and Marky?

StephenB
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Looks like 24 are pre-registered on-line so far. Plenty of room for more to fit on track!! :026:

Everything takes place on Sunday so tell your friends and wife they should go to Atlantic City for a weekend away then stop at the tack on the way home Sunday :) I told my wife I would gamble my racecar and she said "I am all in! and if I am lucky you'll loose it so you stop spending all that money!"

11 ITA Tim Klvana
0 ITA Marc Cefalo
50 ITB Stephen Blethen
69 ITB Michael Reece
7 ITC Brian Heun
20 ITR Robert Nimkoff
21 ITR Robert Thiele
33 ITR Ben Phillips
16 ITS Matt Rooke
23 ITS Jeff Henderson
25 ITS Rob Driscoll
27 ITS Darrell Anthony
49 ITS Ray Blethen Iii
63 ITS William Weaver
92 ITS Eric King
95 ITS John Hainsworth
99 ITS Sean Curran
5 ITS Steve Ulfelder
12 SM Michael Lamaina
41 SM Dave Kupferschmid
91 SM Tony Senese
93 SM Chris Kellett
0 SM Mike Cefalo
7 SM David Beccaris

Stephen

DaveITB1
05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
FYI.

Smarty will make the trek, as promised, to support the ProIT racers in NJ for Round 3.

http://www.northeastracingtire.com

Please CALL Bob directly with your tire orders. I will not be available to process the orders via the website this coming week, and Bob doesn't know how to turn on a computer yet.

Best of luck to all racers. :happy204:

Dave

rsx858
06-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I saw on the map included with the supps that there is a "PRO-IT paddock area" conveniently located in the far back corner of the paddock furthest from the grid and everything else for that matter....

are we encouraged or required to paddock back there?

Terry Hanushek
06-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Matt

I saw on the map included with the supps that there is a "PRO-IT paddock area" conveniently located in the far back corner of the paddock furthest from the grid and everything else for that matter....

are we encouraged or required to paddock back there?

Since a majority of Pro IT competitors will arrive on Saturday afternoon / Sunday morning after the National competitors are set up, the SJ Region reserved the two blocks of paddock for Pro IT so that we can paddock together. This is similar to what was done at Lime Rock last year when space was reserved in the lower B paddock. It will be available for use by Pro IT competitors but no one is required to set up there.

Also to accommodate Saturday / Sunday arrivals, Tech will be open for Pro IT competitors on Saturday afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00 and again on Sunday morning starting at 8:00.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at NJMP

Terry

Tkczecheredflag
06-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Terry - I need a little help on logistics. Great news that Tech will be open - thanks.

It apears that reigstration will be open Saturday until 12:00pm. If we arrive after 12:00 will we be able to to enter the paddock, set up, and get "teched?" As I think about it, if we don't register first we will not have a Tech sheet. I am trying to figure out if I can arrive after 12:00 and take advantage of the 3:00 - 4:00 tech time tech time?

It also appears from the supps that qualifying starts after hardship practice @ 8:30 - I assume the time is around 9:00?

Thanks for your help.

Terry Hanushek
06-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Tim

It apears that reigstration will be open Saturday until 12:00pm. If we arrive after 12:00 will we be able to to enter the paddock, set up, and get "teched?" As I think about it, if we don't register first we will not have a Tech sheet. I am trying to figure out if I can arrive after 12:00 and take advantage of the 3:00 - 4:00 tech time tech time?
I talked with Val Heun, our hard working Registrar this afternoon. She has agreed to open registration for Pro IT in the same 3:00 - 4:00 window as Tech. Registration is in the classroom right around the corner from Tech.

It also appears from the supps that qualifying starts after hardship practice @ 8:30 - I assume the time is around 9:00?
Yes, that is correct - Pro IT drivers should plan to be at the Make Up Grid by 9:00 AM for the qualifying session.

And .... if you have any IT friends who haven't already entered the event, bring them along. We have plenty of paddock space reserved and a big track looking looking for more races cars.

See ya at Thunderbolt

Terry

Tkczecheredflag
06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
GREAT!

Thanks Terry, Val, Tech, and all who are helping.

benspeed
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
If you are racing in the national in group 6, groups 6 and 7 have been combined. If you are also racing in Pro IT that means you go straight to grid after the Group 6/7 race.

I sent a note to Terry asking if we will get enough time to check the car and refuel....

rsx858
06-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey Ben, the Supps schedule i was looking at on DLB says the pro IT race is after group 3. which should give time to get ready for 6/7. is that schedule up to date?

dtanthon
06-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Sunday only -
We qualify after National hardship - so figure 9AM
We race after lunch - so figure 1PM
Should be done by 2:00. Pack up, head out or watch some of the best National drivers in the country race.

benspeed
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
That's good news - I think my reading comprehension skills are a little lax - pre-occupied with perpetual adrenelin rushes related to anticipating my first event this season :-)

dtanthon
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Same here.

I'll be down later tonight to get all the equipment set up.
Think I'll flag tomorrow and Saturday. Car will arrive Saturday.
Sunday get my fat butt into the seat and have some fun!!!:eclipsee_steering:

Bring all the NNJR treasurer stuff unless you want to come to the Board meeting next week at Driving Impressions (should be a good one!).

Terry Hanushek
06-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Ben

If you are racing in the national in group 6, groups 6 and 7 have been combined. If you are also racing in Pro IT that means you go straight to grid after the Group 6/7 race.

Darrell nailed it. Our race is between National races 3 and 4. The way the races groups are laid out on the schedule it is easy to presume that Pro IT was race 8. BTW you were not the first to ask me that question.

See ya at Thunderbolt

Terry

dtanthon
06-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Great event! South Jersey Region is a class act!!!!!

I'll get the points and fund information updated. I need to print the checks and get them in the mail, running a little low on checks so I'll get that fixed.

Robert Zecca
06-08-2009, 11:46 AM
SJR DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB. NICE TOUCHES ON THE FLAGS AND SHIRTS FOR WORKERS. Thank you Mr. Tornetta ( RE ), JD KING and all the great workers of SJR and staff at NJMP. You guys are a pleasure to work with and we loved the podium as well. Can not wait until the next event.

Regarding the race, it was excellent but a bit high on attrition which rarely happens. Congrats to Matt Rooke and all other competitors who ran the race. People are still amazed at the level of competition, how clean everyone races and THE RESPECT AMONGST COMETITORS. I am very proud of each and everyone of you.

Thanks
Bob Zecca