PDA

View Full Version : Fellow It Competitors Help!

Robert Zecca
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
On behalf of NNJR region I am asking you to support our Regional race and test/tune day at Lime Rock Park on May 29th and 30th. Our region has worked very hard to run races for years, bring you TEAMDI PROIT and now WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO SURVIVE for this year.

We all know LRP is expensive but we have no choice and it is a great track with history. It is a driver's track. The price for race day is $290. Please go online at: www.NESCCA.com to register today. I will get our sponsors from PROIT to help and throw in some freebies for this event.

I thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Robert Zecca
NNJR Secretary

lateapex911
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I registered today! Looking forward to turning some laps.

raffaelli
05-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I am in for both days!!!!:eclipsee_steering:

Robert Zecca
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Guys,

Thank you very much!!! I mean that. Our region as the others are working very hard just to survive through this year and hopefully have a future. We must get through this together because there will be good things on the horizon. The regions are ON THEIR OWN with very little help or guidance from Topeka. That means we must all work together because nobody will do it for us. Last night Darrell Anthony resigned as our RE. This guy is an animal but for personal reasons or being burnt out he has formally resigned but will still help in other areas. DARRELL we love you and thank you for all your efforts.

PLEASE spread the word about this event, get guys out and lets make this happen. I feel alot of pressure right now due to business, PROIT and my responsibilites to SCCA. I can not nor can we give up on SCCA. Please try to understand that running a region is like running a business except nobody get paid. We are volunteers. Please do not critize our efforts and try to understand the financial parameters that we are up against. By now most of you know me, understand me and hopefully know where my heart is. I need your help to support NNJR and other regions and get thru this year. Over the winter we must sit back and really cut back on events and not put the financial pressure on participants and workers. Either way PLEASE register and we will see you at our event.

THANK YOU!
Bob Zecca

Greg Amy
05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyone got a spare car laying around...? ;)

Doc Bro
05-13-2009, 11:18 AM

http://www.flatout-motorsports.com/

Not sure if you know them. They have a great arrive and drive program....good guys too.:D

R

JLawton
05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.flatout-motorsports.com/

Not sure if you know them. They have a great arrive and drive program....good guys too.:D

R

He he he.............

dj10
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM

Hey Greg, weren't you getting a car ready for this year?

Greg Amy
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Greg, weren't you getting a car ready for this year?
Integra's not yet ready (ggrrrrrr......) and we popped the engine on the Suzuki last weekend...

Yeah, I've heard of those guys...couple times, in fact...but my team partners wouldn't be happy with me beating them using a girlie car... :shrug:

Andy Bettencourt
05-13-2009, 02:30 PM
but my team partners wouldn't be happy with me beating them using a girlie car... :shrug:

True Dat!

benspeed
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Darrell Anthony has been a fantastic RE for the last 3 1/2 years and really made a huge difference in the quality of races we were able to participate at. His leadership and insight into the whole club has been invaluable and we are lucky that he's going to continue to help the club other roles than RE.

Many thanks to DA and we will continue to focus on the goals you have set out for NNJR and the racing series you have helped cultivate.

DA helped pull things together when they were ragged around the edges and let's all keep the momentum going - "Yours in Racing" is more than a slogan - DA lives it and passionately cares about our club - we all could take a lesson from the man.

TO DA! :smilie_pokal::smilie_pokal::smilie_pokal:

Robert Zecca
05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I still do not want to believe that DA has resigned and in my head I really do not. He is my friend, my mentor and my leader and is a major part of the reason for TEAMDI PROIT SERIES and why I serve the SCCA. We all need to wish Darrell well.

PLEASE show up for the LRP regional at the end of the month in support of DA.

ed325its
05-13-2009, 07:52 PM

An ITR BMW!

tdw6974
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I still do not want to believe that DA has resigned
Bob, some additional Details????? T Weaver

Doc Bro
05-14-2009, 07:12 AM
An ITR BMW!

Thar ya go Greg. Come play. They're pretty fun cars.....and not girlie!!

R

Greg Amy
05-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Thar ya go Greg. Come play. They're pretty fun cars.....and not girlie!!
Yeah, but I simply can't get past that joke about porcupines... JUST KIDDING!!!!

An intriguing idea, but probably not a cheap one. I'd be interested in hearing the numbers, though...

Doc Bro
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
[quote=Greg Amy;287735]Yeah, but I simply can't get past that joke about porcupines... JUST KIDDING!!!!

quote]

???

benspeed
05-14-2009, 08:59 AM
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW driver? On a porcupine the pricks on the outside....

Hardeharhar...but a Suzuki has no prick......AHHHHAHHAHHAHAHA :-) OK - maybe I need to take some thorazine now....

Greg Amy
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
...but a Suzuki has no prick......AHHHHAHHAHHAHAHA :-)
Thus the recommendation to drive a Miata... :happy204: Hoo, boy, this can't end well.... :)

You know I almost rolled that thing coming out of Devil's Elbow, right? Twice. Got it up on two wheels under power, corner worker said that it was "every bit of 45 degrees over" and he'd already bit the mic button to call in an emergency before I collected it (somehow I talked myself into turning TOWARD the wall, it dropped, then I braked and turned away...)

Leading Kessler to quip "we've got to find a way to keep this thing from becoming a tumbleweed!"

:D

benspeed
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
LOL - I heard about some major Joey Chitwood stunting out there but missed it. Word was you carried that for about 100 feet or more.

Doc Bro
05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Leading Kessler to quip "we've got to find a way to keep this thing from becoming a tumbleweed!"

:D

Sounds like the flywheel and engine took care of that worry for ya!!

Greg rent the Bimmer you'll fit right in!!:happy204:

R

robits325is
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
We've got two rentals now....

http://autojeffnic.smugmug.com/photos/534801996_cDCH8-M.jpg