PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Dixie Double SARRC and ENDURO!

pballance
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
June 26, 27, 28, 2009. Nashville Super Speedway

Test Day on Friday!! 1.5 hour enduro in the daylight this year!!!

Full details are here: http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville.html

Registration is now open here : http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FE7D8180-EADB-05C8-31DAC78EF2754BBC

You guys come and join us for a fun weekend. Garages are available. Yeah, I know some of you are going to complain about it being a roval and the transition(s) being hard on the car but it is a race at a nice facility and the staff is a pure joy to work with.

Besides, I need some of you fast guys to come show Randy Shedd and I how to drive this track :) SteveE, are you going to bring some of them fast Mazda's over this year? You guys in the Memphis area, come join us as well. I hope to on come over to MMP this year.

Come join us for a fun weekend.!!!

Hotshoe
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
June 26, 27, 28, 2009. Nashville Super Speedway

Full details are here: http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville.html

WOW................ All IT and SM in the same group..................... One car / one race:(

Ron Earp
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
WOW................ All IT and SM in the same group..................... One car / one race:(

You're kidding, right? :o

No, you're not. Just checked that out. Wonder how long it takes to get there from Raleigh....

BlueStreak
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Not necessarily - you can run IT/SM both Saturday and Sunday, and run a 90 minute Enduro!

pballance
05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
You're kidding, right? :o

No, you're not. Just checked that out. Wonder how long it takes to get there from Raleigh....

According to google about 8 1/2 hrs. Ron, you show up and I will supply you with the coldest beer you have ever had :) (note to self to be sure and bring the liquid nitrogen)

I hadn't noticed that grouping. Of course, I am sure that if enough SM guys register the stewards might be willing to give them their own session. Otherwise we might gets some good practice in traffic management. Of course if we get enough IT guys to register, then WE might have our own group. :)

pballance
05-22-2009, 11:08 AM
More Info:

Nashville Super Speedway, Lebanon TN

Single SARRC: $225. (+$10 for FE, SRF, SM)
Double SARRC: $375. (+$20 for FE, SRF, SM)
Practice Day, $200 Full Day or $125 Afternoon only.
Garage rental: $50 Weekend and $20 for Test Day.
Track Touring, $10 minimum contribution to Worker Fund,
covers all three sessions, Free for Workers. Pay at track entrance point.
ECR, 1 1⁄2 hour: $325
No extra charge for additional drivers.

DO-IT-ALL price - Run both SARRC races, the ECR and
Full Day Practice, plus garage for all three days $795

DRIVERS & WORKERS Needed!!!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville.html (http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville.html)
get all the information for:
SCHEDULE
SUPPS
PRACTICE DAY SCHEDULE
PRACTICE DAY SUPPS
HOD ENTRY FORM

Online Entry for Drivers and Workers @ motorsports reg http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...DAC78EF2754BBC (http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FE7D8180-EADB-05C8-31DAC78EF2754BBC)

Official Race Motel
$50 per night rate (call for reservations, Deadline June 8th/first come/first serve)
Sleep Inn & Suites
150 S Eastgate Ct Lebanon, TN 37090
Phone: 615-449-7005 Fax: 615-449-5242

We look forward to seeing all who can come have some FUN with the Chattanooga & Tennessee Valley Regions SCCA @ Nashville Super Speedway again this year!!

Jennifer Dobler

pballance
06-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, looks like I get the win in ITS since I am the only one registered,:shrug:

3 in ITA
2 in ITB
3 in ITC

and no one in ITR yet.

Still time to register

frnkhous
06-06-2009, 11:44 AM
I haven't registered yet but I should make 4 itc cars... at this rate it will be the biggest it class hahaha itc is dead.

Hotshoe
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Well, looks like I get the win in ITS since I am the only one registered,:shrug:

3 in ITA
2 in ITB
3 in ITC

and no one in ITR yet.

Still time to register

Paul,........

.... And for my next trick........... I'm going to drive two cars in different classes in the same run group.......... ITR #99 and SM #98 ..... Both in group 2:cool:

cfullgraf
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I haven't registered yet but I should make 4 itc cars... at this rate it will be the biggest it class hahaha itc is dead.

ITC is up to four entries. You will make it 5. I know of at least another that should be entering--6--.

Any more ITC's out there? It will be quite the race. Maybe we can out enter the SMs.

frnkhous
06-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Not sure how it will translate to nashville(pretty sure it will be bad), my car is significantly down power at 70whp... so if the cars showing up are front runners I'll be running by myself, don't expect any battles from me. I'm just excited that 6 itc cars will show up, nelson had 10 earlier this year and I suspect It Fest will have as many or more.

Brian

wbp
06-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Brian, the several ITC cars that I have been assured will be there include some that will run with you at 70whp. Nashville Superspeedway times show that it tends to favor handling (and driving) over horsepower too. The ITA lap record is only about 3 seconds faster than the ITC lap record. A lot of time is spent turning. And turns are why we road race aren't they?

frnkhous
06-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I like hearing that, It is way more fun to have other cars around to race with.

Parrish57
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM

3 in ITA
2 in ITB
3 in ITC

and no one in ITR yet.

Still time to register

Not so fast there Balance. I guess you'll have to win it the old fashioned way. Cheat!:smilie_pokal:

seckerich
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
You might have to as well.:026: Never know who will show up.

pballance
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Not so fast there Balance. I guess you'll have to win it the old fashioned way. Cheat!:smilie_pokal:

Smack talk already :o

I am glad to have competition and maybe it can be a 1,2,3 for Datsuns that day if Randy shows up.

Come on over Steve, you know it will be fun even with us slow guys!

JeffYoung
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
You guys keep talking like this and I might make that God awful tow......

Parrish57
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Smack talk already :o

I am glad to have competition and maybe it can be a 1,2,3 for Datsuns that day if Randy shows up.

Come on over Steve, you know it will be fun even with us slow guys!

See Paul. Sometimes it takes a little smack talk to flush out the Eckeriches and Youngs of the IT community. The more the merrier.

wbp
06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
It's good to see that Paul will have someone to chase/run from in ITS.
ECR enties are needed. Two 20 minute qualifying sessions for the 1 1/2 hour enduro. So both drivers, if there are two, get a full session before the race with no track time wasted with drivers switching during Qualifying. We set this one up like I preferred when I ran ECRs. A Qualifying for one driver, then about two hours later, qualifying for the second driver, then the race later in the day.
Easy ECR points? Maybe.

Hotshoe
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
You guys keep talking like this and I might make that God awful tow......

Jeff,

.... Come on, plan to leave early Thursday and you can draft me there........ Plus Ron can tag along..........What do ya say......... Don't let me be the only NC Region driver there................. Plus I need someone to draft during qualifying in my SM :cool:

wbp
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Eight ITC drivers signed up so far! And that doesn't include Brian (frnhous) above yet.:026:

pballance
06-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Ricky,

You can draft me since "the shape of things to come" isn't going to haul that injected car out to a handling track. :035:

Did you get an answer to your question? I sent it on but have not received a response.

pballance
06-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Up to 41 entries so far. 3 in ITS, a bunch in ITC. For those of you chasing points, this could be any easy way to pick up a few.

Hotshoe
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Ricky,

You can draft me since "the shape of things to come" isn't going to haul that injected car out to a handling track. :035:

Did you get an answer to your question? I sent it on but have not received a response.

Paul,

.... Good....... I can use the drafting help, anyway, us yellow cars need to look out for each other....... You can tow me down the straights.... And I'll show you the way through the twisty stuff.

... Bill Perry contacted me about my magic trick and volunteered to help by sending an RFA to the SOM. He likes to see the Red Beast run:cool:

wbp
06-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Tom Lyttle is the only IT7 entered. I don't mind seeing him take away some SARRC points, but not that easily! Somebody come make Tom work for it.

TomL
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
C'mon, Bill. I've had a problem every Sunday for the last three years and haven't won one yet. :( I need all the help I can get then. (Saturdays have been ok.)

wbp
06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
i'm good with you winning Tom. I just want to be sure you have to outrun somebody to do it.

Parrish57
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Up to 41 entries so far. 3 in ITS, a bunch in ITC. For those of you chasing points, this could be any easy way to pick up a few.

OK Paul... We're up to 4 entries in ITS now. Odds are a Z car will stand atop the podium (no cheating required!). If we could only get a TR8, a 260Z, or an RX7 to show up...

It's going to be fun!

JeffYoung
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Just too far of a tow for me this year. Expended nearly the entire racing budget on getting the car running....

pballance
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
OK Paul... We're up to 4 entries in ITS now. Odds are a Z car will stand atop the podium (no cheating required!). If we could only get a TR8, a 260Z, or an RX7 to show up...

It's going to be fun!

Yes, lots of fun!! I may even scare you fast guys. :) I'm putting the finishing touches on a new suspension tonight. Goes to the shop for final set up Wednesday am. Maybe it will be Z's for all the podium places :happy204: Of course I will have to re-learn the car at NSS.........

Jeff, you and Ron need to come to Barber. Couldn't think of a better test of the new engine set up.

pballance
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Not too late to register. Come join us for a great SARRC weekend with a test day!!

wbp
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
For those of you who haven't raced with us before at Nashville: I think you will find it a very different atmosphere than at some other tracks in SEDIV.
Just as an example - We don't have a Paddock Marshall, we have a Paddock Host. His/Her job is not to direct you around. It is to help make your weekend a fun experience. They will be wearing a vest so you can find them, in the garages usually. They have a radio to find you the help you might need, from an official for example, or the answers to your questions.
Most competitors use the big, wide open garage. That puts everybody close by making for a social atmosphere that is not so easy at most paddocks.
The RV campground is free despite having electricity (50 amps), water, concrete pads and cable TV. And you can paddock at your RV.
Come see us at Nashville. Spectating is free too if you can't race that weekend.

pballance
06-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Up to 62 entries so far. Still time to enjoy "Southern Hospitality" at the northern end of SEDIV.

Plenty of room in the enduro as well.

awdbandito
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm hoping that ITB ends up with a few more entries.

BlueStreak
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I know of one more possible ITB car :D

Ron Earp
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM

It's going to be fun!

You guys will have a blast! I'd love to come but I just returned from Germany today and have more travel next week. I'm hoping to get away for one day to make Rockingham but even that is questionable and 1.5 hrs from my house!

wbp
06-19-2009, 09:25 AM
It's good to see that the ITB Blue Streak will be there, even if it isn't blue any more. As I recall it was still blue when it ended up on it's roof at the Tarmac Performance Rally. It looks like every IT class will have someone to race against, except IT7. We need more IT7 to make Tom Lyttle run hard to win.

awdbandito
06-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I know of one more possible ITB car :D

Great! This will be my first ITB race since the car was reclassified and I'm looking forward to getting it back out on track.

pballance
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Still a couple of days to register.

I started to load the car on trailer since I finished it today. Figured it would be bad mojo since its not used to being ready this far in advance. Hope to see a few more of you there!!

awdbandito
06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Anybody attending have a set of used 14" race tires they want to sell off? I need something that will fit a 14x6 wheel.

pballance
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Online registration is closed but I wil bet that if you call Betsy she will arrange for you to enter. Light on ITS with only 4 of us but 8 in ITA , 7 in ITC, and 4 in ITB. Should be a fun weekend. Not too late to join us.....

pballance
06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Thanks to all of the workers for putting up with 100 degree+ heat so we could play for 2 days. All in all a good event. Got to watch Parrish and Shedd battle for ITS lead while I tried to keep up. I had a rather interesting off on Saturday when I ran out of tire, brakes and ideas after a 20 minute black flag wait in the pits. I will try to put some video up later this week. Slipped from 6th overall (3rd in class) to 27th and managed to get back to 15th overall and get 3rd back as well.

Thanks to all of the competitors for coming out. Some great battles in ITC and ITS. Loved seeing the ITB MR2 car running as well as it was. Got to watch the DSR race Sunday and man it was close for 12 or so laps until the Amac's brakes/tires went away.

Fun weekend. Thanks!!

Paul

JeffYoung
06-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Glad to hear it went well....3rd is good, those are two fast Z cars in front of you.

Same stuff happens to me if I have to sit and let the brakes heat soak. Black flag and/or pitstops in the Carolina Cup are brutal on my car as a result.

TomL
06-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd like to second Paul's attaboy to all the workers. The weather was tough, but the workers and officials did a great job as usual. Wish I'd had a few IT7 guys to run with, but at least I beat all the ITAs (except one on Saturday), so I'm happy. Still the most laid-back SARRC weekend of the year, so I recommend it to all of you who haven't made the trip yet.

Parrish57
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Kudos to the TVR and CHA regions and ATL workers for a great event! I think the staff was the friendliest I've encountered in SCCA. The track was lots of fun and I was still trying to learn it when they dropped the checker on the track Sunday (literally). It was a long tow but well worth it. I'll gladly do this event again!

Most everybody came back with cars intact with one notable exception. Ron Munnerlyn's motor gave out at the entry to turn 1. That was a huge "oh sh*t" moment when we all hit the newly liberated fluids basking in the 110 mph braking zone. I'm just glad no one spun into Ron.

Marlboro Mafia
06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Nashville was great until I found myself sitting in my disable car watching cars slid sideways as they entered turn one wondering if I would die from an impact or from the 5 quarts of Mobil 1 when it ignited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXa9UTC184

Butch Kummer
07-01-2009, 05:30 PM
This is an excerpt from my latest BK Racing Update, but it's pertinent to this event:

= = = = = =

I’d also like to thank the Chattanooga and Tennessee Valley Regions for taking a chance and continuing to host this race weekend. They realize NSS is not a historic track like Road Atlanta, VIR, Sebring, or Daytona, so they know they need to go the extra mile in making things as stress-free and friendly as they possibly can for the competitors. I personally enjoy the track (running 155 mph on the front straight gets your attention QUICKLY!), but it’s also a real pleasure working with those folks as they build their competition program. Southern hospitality may not have been invented in Nashville, but those folks sure do practice it! Thanks for letting us come out and play, and I’ll be there next year for sure.

pballance
07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Kudos to the TVR and ATL regions for a great event! I think the staff was the friendliest I've encountered in SCCA. The track was lots of fun and I was still trying to learn it when they dropped the checker on the track Sunday (literally). .................

You mean like this? he, he, he. Look in the lower left corner of the picture.

pballance
07-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Short video after the black flag restart. This is what happens when you have cold tires, cold brakes, and cold brains while the rest of your body is on fire from the heat of the day and race car.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWtcyZcllg0

wbp
07-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Paul, it looks like the banking saved you from hitting the wall, just like it has every other car who has lost it in the fast first turn. The track manager says nothing but a Viper can climb that banking and hit the wall. They have done it 2 or 3 times, and nothing else has ever gone all the way up there.
Once again we got through the whole weekend without a car hitting anything like a wall (just other cars). Nowhere do we see as few damaged cars as we do at Nashville.