PDA

View Full Version : AMANI TOOMER of NY GIANTS WILL BE GRAND MARSHALL

Robert Zecca
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Amani Toomer formely WR of the NY Giants will be coming out to Pocono to check out our PROIT race and has agreed to be GRAND MARSHALL OF THE EVENT. Amani is a great guy, a true racing fan, loves sports cars and wants to get involved as a driver. Please welcome him, show him around and hopefully he will be driving with us in the near future.

Sincerely,
Bob Zecca

StephenB
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I may just repaint my car to Pats colors this weekend! A NY sports Team... I am from NH! The only thing that gets my blood pumping more is those Blue lights on a cop car!

OK Jokes aside this is pretty cool! I hope he enjoys himself and if you talk to him tell him to bring some sun with him!

Stephen

dominojd
05-07-2009, 07:10 AM
No shit, pretty cool. :D

gran racing
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Joe is so going to scare him off.

Jeremy Billiel
05-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I am a serious Giants Fan! very Cool!

Robert Zecca
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I just hope the weather is good and he shows. We went to dinner about 3 weeks ago, then he went away and on Monday he came to my office and said he would show up. He wants to learn about cars and see if this is what he wants to do with his life after football. He is very passionate about the sport and I hope he likes what he sees.

Let make him feel welcome. He wants to learn so lets do our best to teach him, be open and make him feel part of the family.

Thanks guys,
Bob

lateapex911
05-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Not sure if I should say this...but well, here goes. If I had a friend I was trying o get into racing, Pocono might not be my choice for his first track introduction. I know I hate the place more than most, and that sometimes you can't tell he guy "No, wait X months and come to the Lime Rock event", but...

Just sayin! ;)

Maybe get one of the fast shoes to toss a seat in their car and do some "demo laps" at lunch....

gran racing
05-07-2009, 03:40 PM
That was my first thought. lol

Robert Zecca
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
True racing people will go anywhere. Not a problem. Pocono also has some history. The bottom line is we need to promote this sport for future growth and we will get it done. Why dont you guys come out to help even if you can not race. We can use all the help we can get.

Thanks
Bob