PDA

View Full Version : NER F&C needs your help/helmet

LMcB
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM
NER F&C needs your help in the form of a discarded helmet. For the past two years, Flatout Motorsports has generously provided track rides at speed during lunch to the flaggers. This program was initially begun as an incentive to new flaggers to improve recruitment and retention, and it has been wildly popular with the flaggers. This year Nick and Andy have let us expand the program to offer rides to the experienced flaggers. (BIG thanks for Nick and Andy for all that Flatout does for the flaggers, we really appreciate it!)

Up until now, we have been able to scrounge around and borrow helmets for the flaggers to wear on these rides, but it would be a lot easier for us if we (F&C) had our own helmets. They need to be Snell 95 or better, so a discarded helmet in good condition that is no longer usable for racing would be perfect for us. We have already gotten two helmets, but we would like about 2-3 more. We especially need one small helmet (ladies sized) and another medium-sized helmet.

Please contact me if you have a helmet that you can give us. Thanks!

Leigh

P.S. Great race on Sunday at NHMS, Pro-IT was a really fun addition to the schedule.

raffaelli
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
NER F&C needs your help in the form of a discarded helmet. For the past two years, Flatout Motorsports has generously provided track rides at speed during lunch to the flaggers. This program was initially begun as an incentive to new flaggers to improve recruitment and retention, and it has been wildly popular with the flaggers. This year Nick and Andy have let us expand the program to offer rides to the experienced flaggers. (BIG thanks for Nick and Andy for all that Flatout does for the flaggers, we really appreciate it!)

Up until now, we have been able to scrounge around and borrow helmets for the flaggers to wear on these rides, but it would be a lot easier for us if we (F&C) had our own helmets. They need to be Snell 95 or better, so a discarded helmet in good condition that is no longer usable for racing would be perfect for us. We have already gotten two helmets, but we would like about 2-3 more. We especially need one small helmet (ladies sized) and another medium-sized helmet.

Please contact me if you have a helmet that you can give us. Thanks!

Leigh

P.S. Great race on Sunday at NHMS, Pro-IT was a really fun addition to the schedule.

Didn't know this....nice work Flatout!

I will keep an eye out for helmets.

LMcB
05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I would like to thank all of you who responded to my plea for abandoned helmets. Thanks to your generosity, NER F&C now has a full complement of helmets of all sizes to protect our new flaggers when they get their rides in the Flatout racecar at lunch. You can't believe what a thrill it is for them. We can't thank Flatout enough for doing it. Thanks again for helping us out with the helmets.

gran racing
05-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Are you looking for other cars to provide rides for workers? I'm sure you could get a few more drivers who would be more than willing.

ner88
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Are you looking for other cars to provide rides for workers? I'm sure you could get a few more drivers who would be more than willing.
:eek: NO

lateapex911
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
?????

(If you do need more drivers/cars, I'm game if Patullo ponies up the seat that has been fitted to my car.

(and as an aside, make sure said workers take rides before lunch, wink wink...

Marianne
05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a blast as a passenger in Andy's car on Saturday! I had visions of puking all over the car since so many people warned me that passengers tend to get motion sickness. But NO WAY! I could have run forever! The biggest issue is teh pressure when you hit the brakes! Now that is stomach churning to some extent. Now if I had some talent I would actually try being a driver. http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/images/smilies/eclipsee_steering.gif Seriously- I can't thank FOM enough for taking the time and effort to show us workers what it is like. So now I need a second run to observe the flag stations. I was otherwise occupied the first time.http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/images/smilies/026.gif What's behind me os of no concern to me!

gran racing
05-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Why not Jerry? Even if in a street car. :shrug: Or finally do one of those quick parade laps that often happens at Summit Point. $10 fee, people use their own street cars, and a safety car controls the pace. Workers might enjoy it and it might be an opportunity to give prospective races a taste.

LMcB
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Why not Jerry? Even if in a street car. :shrug: Or finally do one of those quick parade laps that often happens at Summit Point. $10 fee, people use their own street cars, and a safety car controls the pace. Workers might enjoy it and it might be an opportunity to give prospective races a taste.

Dave, what you are describing is a different program. Those are track rides that we do have at the end of the day at NHMS on Saturday, time permitting. Anyone can take their cars on the track (I think it is $10, not positive), and workers can take their cars for free. These rides are not at speed, of course, and really are nothing like a ride in a real race car, with a real driver, at real racing speed. But they are fun and the new workers love them too.

This program with Flatout is a reward to new flaggers for coming out to support us (and you drivers). The purpose is not the give them a taste of racing (we need to keep them as flaggers, not lose them to the other side!) but to give them a really thrilling time as a way of saying "Thank You". When we show new workers we care about them, we hope it makes them want to come back and work again. It's a small program because on any given day there aren't that many new workers, and it's a little complicated to administer. But it's been working out really well, the feedback has been terrific, and, well, since it ain't broke we ain't gonna fix it!