PDA

View Full Version : Looking for John Herman and any info in regards to ITS Olds Calais Set Up

W41ROB
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Anyone that can help me get in touch with John Herman (Okemos, MI I think) Please Help. I just finished Waterford Hills drivers school in a 1991 Olds Calais 442 w41(ex World Challenge/Firehawk Car) and need help/tips on set up as the car had been stored for nearly 8 years. If you have any advise to lend please PM, Post or call me as I need some base lines for camber toe and what not ASAP. Thanks to anyone that can get me in touch with John or help me directly.

Rob Martin
Plymouth, MI
Cell 734-552-7030
Thanks Thanks

John Herman
05-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I'll give you a call.

Spinnetti
05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey John, you still racing? I'm from East Lansing, and I think we both started Road Racing about the same time, lo those many years ago :)

John Herman
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Dave, I remember. It has been a long time. I am reluctantly semi-retired. I stopped racing 3 years ago when the owner of the company I work for asked me to go back to school. Unfortunately, there is NO way I can afford the time....full-time school, full-time work, full-time wife (Seriously, she's been VERY supportive of everything and I did subject her to 10+ years of full-time racing, so it's only fair I spend some time and money on her). Someday I keep telling myself, I'll do it again. Currently I do it vicariously through others.

Spinnetti
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Dave, I remember. It has been a long time. I am reluctantly semi-retired. I stopped racing 3 years ago when the owner of the company I work for asked me to go back to school. Unfortunately, there is NO way I can afford the time....full-time school, full-time work, full-time wife (Seriously, she's been VERY supportive of everything and I did subject her to 10+ years of full-time racing, so it's only fair I spend some time and money on her). Someday I keep telling myself, I'll do it again. Currently I do it vicariously through others.

I'm sure you will some day... My irony was I was a Toyota guy, raced Toyota's, then went to work for Toyota (and had two kids). Other than the 24hrs of lemons 3 times the last couple years, I haven't raced since. 9 years later, I FINALLY I dusted off my old Corolla, freshened up everything, and and am getting ready to go at it again (after cage mods, new seat, harness, window net, fuel sample port, tow hooks ad nauseam)... hopefully My car won't be too hopeless. - See, there's hope yet.

John, if you pm me your email, I have a picture of you and me in it at Mid-Ohio (I think its you anyway)...

CRallo
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Plymouth eh? I grew up around there... then moved out here to CT to persue racing:rolleyes:

924Guy
05-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Whoops! You lost - lots of racers 'round here... built my car and started racing when I was in Plymouth, now up in Royal Oak...

CRallo
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Got a job working a skippy... learned to wrench on 'em and race 'em. Got paid jack shit, but the experience and knowledge gained from it were priceless! Every once in a while I have my doubts about the path I chose but those moments are rare.

Eagle7
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey John, you still racing? I'm from East Lansing, and I think we both started Road Racing about the same time, lo those many years ago :)
Are you coming to Grattan? If so, stop by and say hi. I'll be in the grass near the grid (if I finish the car prep).

John, I miss you. Looking forward to seeing if I can hang with the master.