PDA

View Full Version : Double @ Pocono

CRallo
04-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Just looked at the NE site to check out the grouping...

Looks like they are making it hard for some people to "double dip". ITA is sandwiched between STU and ITE, group wise, one after another. The ITE part is not the end of the world as I would prefer not to be in the big bore group in an A car anyways, but STU directly followed by ITA in the next group is rough...

Is there anyway to change this? And can it be done with out screwing up somone else?

thanks!

SLUF
04-30-2009, 08:08 AM
We did exactly that at St. Louis back in March. We asked for a change of STU from the big bore GT/EP/T1 to the SS/SM/T2 which was split from the IT group by 3 groups instead of back to back. We emailed the chief steward early in the week. He took the action request to the stewards on the Friday night before the race weekend. As long as all of your STU entrants are in agreement about the move it should be a no brainer. The officials were VERY EAGER to please as they needed the extra entries. All handled very professionally and efficient. Just talk to your chief steward and they will do their best to make it happen.

StephenB
04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
I actually think regions should do more to encourage double dipping. I think that we should always consider combining groups based on car counts 1 week prior to the race and post changes on the website where you register, and we should look at the run order that allows for the most double dipping possible.

I also think the best way to encourage double dipping is by having lower entry fees for the second or even third run group you race in. If the groups are not already full then the lower entry fee is not a loss and purly a gain in revenue. I have been saying this for years but no-one agrees with me, all they see is lost $$ with lower entry fees. Below is a "structure" or plan that I would use and or try if a region was having lower car counts.

1st entry fee = $300
2nd entry fee = $150
3rd Entry fee = $150

I know it is a steep decline in price BUT not many are double dipping as it is. Now there is a "catch" for the entrants.

You must pick which race group counts as your "1st entry" because...
In the event that the Run Group of your 2nd Entry or 3rd Entry fills up you will no longer be allowed to run in that group. If you check this box (and have a box next to this disclaimer on the entry form) when the Run Group is full we will charge you the full entry fee for that run group and reserve your pre-entry. In the event that a run group is oversubscribed and you do not agree to pay the full entry fee your pre-entry will be removed.

Just my .02 cents!
Stephen

See you at POCONO!

CRallo
05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you! Typing an email now...

I actually think regions should do more to encourage double dipping...

I could not agree more! :026:

JoshS
05-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I also think the best way to encourage double dipping is by having lower entry fees for the second or even third run group you race in. If the groups are not already full then the lower entry fee is not a loss and purly a gain in revenue. I have been saying this for years but no-one agrees with me, all they see is lost $$ with lower entry fees. Below is a "structure" or plan that I would use and or try if a region was having lower car counts.

1st entry fee = $300
2nd entry fee = $150
3rd Entry fee = $150

I know it is a steep decline in price BUT not many are double dipping as it is. Now there is a "catch" for the entrants.

We've been doing this in San Francisco Region for years, and double-dipping is very common. Works for us, not sure why no one agrees with you out there ...

lateapex911
05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Josh, it might be that there have been seasons where we filled the tracks to nearly capacity...at least in the groups where you'd get double dippers. Lime Rock has a limit of 38 cars per group. And severe time limits. Too many entrants there can screw things up. NHIS is better, but can still be problematic.

Other tracks though, like Pocono and Watkins Glen, can handle large groups. I agree, it's a good thing to explore.

Andy Bettencourt
05-02-2009, 08:02 AM
It's easy to solve. You chose your PRIMARY entry. Your secondary entry is put on a 'wait' list until all the PRIMARY entries are counted for that run group. You then fill in with secondary entries.

Or the same but different: Everyone is in but secondary entries get bumped first. A good problem to have.

PsychoRallye
05-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Yep, don't forget last year Amy, Whit and I had some difficulty triple dipping at events (ITA, SM and SSM) but usually double was feasible, though it did usually take a few emails and requests (sometimes successful, sometimes not) to make sure the groups were spaced... and separate in the first place.

tdw6974
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
We have set the pro-it race for July and seperated the run groups to allow double dip for those who chose to run in other groups. T Weaver