PDA

View Full Version : RX 7 2nd Gen ECU

hawke3
04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
I was told not to even think about racing without at least an ecu with a "clipped" rev limiter. Does anyone know who does that work?

Also can anyone tell me if the oil injectors work without the vaccum lines attached to the top of the injector

Thanks!

racingralph
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
you can contact keith @ 305-987-2744. if you have a 86/88 , you will need to have revlimiter removed.(stock setting @ 8000)if you have 89/91 the r/l is at 8600. you can race with this one. there are those racers , who do not race with oil system working at all. we don't , ours is hooked up and working. i pull vacuum from the intake tube. it seems to work. oh! i still mix my gas..ralph

mbuskuhl
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Correct, Keith is the guy. I have one Keith did that I don't need anymore as I went standalone. I also have a spare ECU that is not clipped, both are S4 versions. Go to youtube and search "RX7 FC3S 7800 RPM Rev Limiter vs. 8400 RPM" and you'll see why you need a clipped ECU. PM me if interested for a deal.

wrankin
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
As I understand it, the "vac" lines to the oil injectors aren't really vac but rather provide air to the injector to help both atomize the oil as well as prevent extra oil being sucked up by the vacume from the intake stroke of the rotor. You can remove them but then the oil injectors will suck raw air into the chamber rather than filtered. Theoretically, it would be equivolent to a vac leak, but I'm not sure how significant.

-b

C. Ludwig
05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
As I understand it, the "vac" lines to the oil injectors aren't really vac but rather provide air to the injector to help both atomize the oil as well as prevent extra oil being sucked up by the vacume from the intake stroke of the rotor. You can remove them but then the oil injectors will suck raw air into the chamber rather than filtered. Theoretically, it would be equivolent to a vac leak, but I'm not sure how significant.

-b

This is correct. The "vacuum" nipples on the oil injectors need filtered ambient air. The stock configuration has the nipples connected to the throttle body to a nipple that is ported to a spot in front of the throttle plates (no vacuum). Conjecture has it that connecting actual vacuum to the nipples is bad but personally I am unaware of what the fault mode is. There is a check valve inside the injectors that should allow air to pass through the nipple but not for it to pass out through the nipple. Again, what that does to oil flow and the overall operation of the assembly I don't know.