PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find all the ADVANCED race instruction

924Guy
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Having limited success here... not looking for the basic comp license and extra lapping day type scenarios, but the more advanced stuff (like show up with your own car, get some expert, tailored instruction)...

So far I've found that the Mid-O school does seem to offer that... Bondurant, Bertil Roos and Skippy all seem to just have the pre-packaged courses... looks like the Panoz school has been absorbed by Skippy, and Daly's deal seems to have evaporated - now American Driving Academy, and they don't even have a website! :blink:

Am I missing any others? I'm looking for that "OK I've got a season under my belt, now let's take it to another level" kind of thing...

TIA...

Doc Bro
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Having limited success here... not looking for the basic comp license and extra lapping day type scenarios, but the more advanced stuff (like show up with your own car, get some expert, tailored instruction)...

So far I've found that the Mid-O school does seem to offer that... Bondurant, Bertil Roos and Skippy all seem to just have the pre-packaged courses... looks like the Panoz school has been absorbed by Skippy, and Daly's deal seems to have evaporated - now American Driving Academy, and they don't even have a website! :blink:

Am I missing any others? I'm looking for that "OK I've got a season under my belt, now let's take it to another level" kind of thing...

TIA...

Bondurant offers an Advanced RR Course. It's one on one. Almost all skidpad, car control and on track. Limited classroom. You pick the number of days...not cheap, but I've debated doing it a million times. There were three guys doing it when I was there, smoking fast....looked like fun.

R

On edit, I think you needed 1 year minimum racing experience to be eligible.

lateapex911
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Or you can get driver coaching. lots of semi pros and pros offer it. Eric Curran (SPWC Corvette driver, former NER ITB Volvo champ) for example offers it.

JeffYoung
04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.peterkrause.net/Krause_%26_Associates_LLC/Home.html

924Guy
04-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Excellent, thanks Jeff - exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!

LIRacer
04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
is the way to go. I used Spreed Secrets in 2006 and took from the rear to the front in SRF. Worth the money....:eclipsee_steering:

cjb25hs
04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.epaul.com/index.html

E. Paul has been around for a long time and he is a Porsche Guy. He has done some work with the guys from Grassroots also.

StephenB
04-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Or you can get driver coaching. lots of semi pros and pros offer it. Eric Curran (SPWC Corvette driver, former NER ITB Volvo champ) for example offers it.

Do you think he will help me beat his dad? Seriosly I had no idea he did that! I would love to get some advice like his.

Stephen

gran racing
05-01-2009, 07:51 AM
:D I'm tentatively doing something with Eric in June at Lime Rock. That's one thing I joked asking if his father will mind. lol

rabbidmk1
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I have looked into Tommy Byrne. His website is crashandbyrne.com IIRC

924Guy
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Suddenly I'm feeling a sense of regret that I posted this... LOL

Maybe it's a good time to let the wife race the ITB car... I can be her expert instructor... ;)