PDA

View Full Version : When will registration open for MARRS/SARRC?

jjjanos
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
:eclipsee_steering:?

JamesB
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
soonish?

xr4racer
04-21-2009, 08:12 PM
We have been wondering that for a couple of weeks.

matt

jjjanos
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Supps and schedule are now posted. I'm guessing registration will open very soon.

tac911t
04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Reading the sups, it looks like it is a single sanction weekend. There is one sanction number if you participate in one race during the weekend, and a different sanction number if you participate in both races. Am I reading that correctly, or is it just how the sups are formated?

jjjanos
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I believe - just how the supps are formatted

Gregg
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just a job of poor formatting / proofreading, with one sanction for Saturday and one for Sunday.

It is also my understanding that there will not be separate MARRS and SARRC races for each class, despite past precedent and the published schedule.

John Nesbitt
04-22-2009, 03:02 PM
It's a 2-sanction weekend.

It depends what you mean by 'separate'. There will be only one race per group per day. However, there are separate classes listed for SARRC and MARRS entrants (e.g. ITA and mITA) within groups, so effectively each will have its own 'race within a race'.

seckerich
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Will it have just one checkered flag?? Sorry John, could not resist.:)

John Nesbitt
04-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Will it have just one checkered flag?? Sorry John, could not resist.:)

By my count, there are 91 classes listed in the supps. If there were a checker waved for each class, the poor starter would soon dislocate his/her shoulder. :o

Imagine the expense to the region of providing as many as 182 checkers to individual class winners. :smilie_pokal:

Gregg
04-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Registration is actually open for the event, though the link is not on the NCR website as yet.

http://www.fingroup.com/NcRegSS/registrationEntry.htm

And to contradict what John has said above, I have also been told by our competition director that although registration asks whether you are a MARRS or SARRC driver there will not be races within a race (ie. separate MARRS ITA and SARRC ITA races and "winners") as in past iterations of this event. This was confirmed by NCR last night.

tac911t
04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Any information on the scheduled practice day on Friday May 8? Fee, registration information? The practice day at the National had early and late registration fees (and the fees were higher (which I hope was due to the National and Pro teams)).

TomL
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
The notion that there will not be separate SARRC and MARRS winners seems to be belied by the listing of separate classes for SARRC AND MARRS cars (e.g., ITA and mITA). If there was supposed to be no distinction between cars from the two divisions, there would be no purpose to having ITA and mITA - everything would just be ITA. And knowing how the T&S software works, if there are cars are listed in two different classes (and ITA and mITA would be considered different), then there will be two winners.

Regardless, I think it's a bad idea to have drivers from different series influencing each others points standings.

So can someone in charge definitively settle this?

sgallimo
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Registration link is now on the NCR website:
www.ncrscca.com (http://www.ncrscca.com) => Calendar => NC Region Events

erlrich
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Any information on the scheduled practice day on Friday May 8? Fee, registration information? The practice day at the National had early and late registration fees (and the fees were higher (which I hope was due to the National and Pro teams)).

FYI - just spoke with Kevin at VIR about the test day. The cost will be $260, registration will open at 7:15, close at 10:15. Driver's meeting at 8:00, street car drive arounds from 8:15 til 8:45, hot track at 9:00. 5 sessions, 3 or 4 groups depending on # of participants (SRF may get their own group), so sessions will be 22 mins or 30 mins depending on # of groups.

erlrich
05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Entry list is up here (http://www.fingroup.com/NcRegSS/registrationEntry.htm).