PDA

View Full Version : Pocono in May

gizmo83
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Could anyone tell me if there are showers available at Pocono International? We are trying to decide if we can camp there in May!!

AlanVDW
04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes. There are hot showers at Pocono in the Mens ARCA lounge bathroom. There are scheduled times for the ladies to use the showers as there are no Ladies showers. Just check with someone at registration, which is in the same building.

Alan.

StephenB
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll be camping out as well! I have done it for years... Be prepaired for snow, fog, rain, floods 4' deep and anything else imaginable!

Stephen
ITB Audi Coupe
(The Silver and Blue one! AKA the one that finishes :) JK bro but I have to start disin you at some point, the new season has started and its game time! )

Doc Bro
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Denise,

Unfortunately the amenities are poor for women. We're givng up on Pocono, and this is one of the reasons. Oh yeah, the track is a bore also, and the ride down is terrible, and, and......

IMO spend your $$ elsewhere or find a hotel close by. The 1 hour that the men's room is dedicated to women's use isn't worth it. My wife didn't shower all weekend....she walked in and walked out.

R

robits325is
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Denise,

Unfortunately the amenities are poor for women. We're givng up on Pocono, and this is one of the reasons. Oh yeah, the track is a bore also, and the ride down is terrible, and, and......

IMO spend your $$ elsewhere or find a hotel close by. The 1 hour that the men's room is dedicated to women's use isn't worth it. My wife didn't shower all weekend....she walked in and walked out.

R

I bet it wouldn't be a bore with your new ITR car!!!

Doc Bro
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I bet it wouldn't be a bore with your new ITR car!!!

Rob,
That was code for I'm afraid to go that fast!!

R

Jeremy Billiel
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Is there a test day on Friday before the event and if so where can I find info?

dominojd
04-21-2009, 04:27 PM

NO

robits325is
04-21-2009, 04:42 PM

You can practice in the garage. Hold the pedal on the right all the way to the floor.

dominojd
04-21-2009, 05:40 PM
You can practice in the garage. Hold the pedal on the right all the way to the floor.

We may have to put some led in his shoes. ;)

lateapex911
04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Showers at Pocono??? Of course..but mostly on the track. The ones in the bathroom are probably toxic, LOL. (Can you tell I hate that place? I don't mind the oval, but the chicanes and the infield are so contrived and hokey. I hope I don't ever have to go back, LOL)

StephenB
04-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Jake you have to admit it is Still waaaayyyyyyy better than NHMS!

Turn 1 at Pocono is one of my favorite corners, ranks up their with the downhill at LRP. Nothin like hangin on the edge literaly for a good 5 seconds as the blind corner keeps going then has that little blind crest before you have to brake as hard as possible for turn 2! My favorite course (to drive defintely not to hang out at!) of all is Pocono with both north and south chicanes, but that course is never run anymore :( instead we use the long long Nascar 1 with that pesty chicane just before it.

Stephen

reeceracing
04-21-2009, 06:59 PM
The track is boring..........may do VIR if time permitted,and car ready.

JLawton
04-21-2009, 07:22 PM

While holding up your skirt..................:D

mazdagt3
04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
While holding up your skirt..................:D

yea, well at least his car isn't a PLASTIC TOY!!!!:D

jeff, i'm definitely looking forward to race against you, crazy joe and all the other wrong wheel drive competitors at my home track!

oh and if your keeping score... it's up to 137 at the wheels with the stock ecu and motor.:eek:

now if i can just figure out this damn megasquirt.

see you guys soon!

marc cefalo

#00 ITA MIATA

WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM (http://WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM)

dominojd
04-21-2009, 08:51 PM
jeff, i'm definitely looking forward to race against you, crazy joe and all the other wrong wheel drive competitors at my home track!

You mean our home track. :)

Jeremy Billiel
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
yea, well at least his car isn't a PLASTIC TOY!!!!:D

oh and if your keeping score... it's up to 137 at the wheels with the stock ecu and motor.:eek:

now if i can just figure out this damn megasquirt.

see you guys soon!

marc cefalo

#00 ITA MIATA

WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM (http://www.PLANET-MIATA.COM)

Sounds like someone needs some weight on the car.:D:D

benspeed
04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
The track is only boring if you are slow - I love the place - it's a fast track and safe - great place to test a new car. Drafting at Pocono is also a real skill. Jeff Harding and I got the naughty flag pointed at us several times as we bump drafted down the front strait at 140 mph.

I agree with Blethen - turn one is not for sissies :-)

lateapex911
04-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree the track itself has some merits...but, it lacks the subtley of Mid Ohio, it's no Watkins Glen, it lacks the hustle of Lime Rock, and the blind up/down turn and accelerate at the sme time with some camber changes of Road Atlanta. Not to mention VIR. If i'm going to a track, I have more enjoyable tracks to choose from.

(And yes, while I hold a record there, I have a lot of time to find ...I only turned about 12 laps in qualifying and the race before the car went "bang" ....there is a lot of speed that gets carried off the straight. )

With limited weekends available, I just like other places more.