PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire updates

73itb
04-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Any updates? Results? .................broke in Ct.

Greg Amy
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Andy Bettencourt just qualified on the pole in the 1.8L ITA Miata with a 1:14.8, two seconds per lap faster than 2nd-place Geoff Branscombe in an Integra.

rsx858
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
ITS Update?

jimalley
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
ITA

Bettencourt
Lawton
Piearski
Tsounis
Allley

IT7
Buccella
Faita
Swan

ITC
White

ulfelder
04-18-2009, 07:28 PM
ITS Update?

Brian Bagnall for the win! Russ Jones led early in his 944, dropped out with a flat tire. That left Bags duking it out with fellow RX-7 driver Glenn Lawton. It was a great nose-to-tail battle, with Bags holding off Glenn to collect his first ITS win. :D

Meanwhile, ITR (same run group) was another good battle: Dave Maynard over Robert Thiele over Doc Breault, who was very impressive in a new-to-him car. Maynard was never seriously attacked, but he didn't walk away, either! Dave and Robert both qualified in the 1:14.6s. ITR as a class is definitely gathering steam.

ITB: Paul Curran over Eli Garrett. Eli grabbed the pole, though!

Also, Andy Bettencourt set an official ITA track record with a 1:15.4 in the race. Nice!

Steve

rsx858
04-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the update Steve. Way to go Bags!

JLawton
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
It sucked............:(

ulfelder
04-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Not so fast, Jeff! After your huge off in lap 1, you had a great drive to finish second!

Steve

Tom Blaney
04-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Sounds like we need some weight adjustments in ITA! If my memory server me well, some of the front running Honda's (that got weight added as a "performance adjustment") were cracking the high 15's and 16's with some real experienced drivers.

Ok boys it's time to relevel the playing field again........

gran racing
04-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, the CRXs did horribly at the ARRC last year. :rolleyes: This coming from the guy who tried to think of any possible way to afford Ajah's CRX that's for sale, which happened to be on pole yet again at Summit this weekend.

lawtonglenn
04-18-2009, 10:02 PM
What an EXCELLENT race!...Brian Bagnall did all the right
things...and never made the mistake I was looking for...
we were fast in completely different places...he'd move
ahead 3 car lengths on the front straight, I'd get all 3
back in the oval....he'd move ahead down into the bowl...
I'd catch him back down the hill into 10

It was exciting, and frustrating, and damn bit of fun!
Neither of us did anything stupid...traffic was interesting
but we both took advantage of it, so it really didn't play
into the result....lots of good video with Bag's blue
RX7 filling my windshield.

Congrats Brian...job well done!

CRallo
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
It sucked............:(

Dude, just compare it to last year...

Andy Bettencourt
04-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Andy Bettencourt just qualified on the pole in the 1.8L ITA Miata with a 1:14.8, two seconds per lap faster than 2nd-place Geoff Branscombe in an Integra.

Which I guess is by design made to sound like some crazy achievement. :rolleyes: When in fact is only 2/10ths quicker that Lawton went in the Saturn last year in qulaifying...and the new track record is only 2/10ths quicker than the 2 year-old NX2000 record.

New motor is running well, all tuned above 4K rpm, now have find some time to dial out a pile of fuel down low so I don't kill everyones brain cells on grid...couple suspension changes were solid - found 4mph at corner entry into T1 according to the DL1...new Goodyears were AWESOME...still trying to get used to the DASH2 GUI...

Back to NHMS in May for Pro IT. :)

Tkczecheredflag
04-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats to Andy, Jeff and Piearski (not sure I know her/him curious what they're racing). What happen to Geoff B?

I'm hoping to put a Pro-IT schedule together this year (keep looking at $45K schools with AK and with #1 son already in one - well you know the story $ - I can't have CPM put all the skin in the game, just doesn't feel right).

Again congrats to all.

gran racing
04-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Congrats on the new track record. I expect you'll break that one again soon, or maybe Jeff will beat you to it? :)

73itb
04-19-2009, 07:44 AM
thanks for the updates...

JLawton
04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Andy did have an outstanding weekend. Congratulations!! Well done.

I had an ugly first lap. Came down into turn three in fourth place, snuck up the inside coming out and had contact with Piearski (he is new to IT but not new to racing, that's for sure. He did an excelent job.......and I felt terrible about the contact) Got down into turn 6 in second place. Coming out of 10, the very cold rear tires let go and I ended up out on NASCAR 3, followed it around to the main straight and joined the group in mid pack. Put the head down and pedaled hard and managed to catch everyone but Andy......... Car was handling like crap. Not sure what was up with it. Probably should have been in the 15s.........

I still have the fastest front wheel drive IT time at NHMS...... :p (hey, you gotta take what ya can!!)

Great job to Brian and cousin Glenn in ITS. It nice we got another group running at the front. Sucks for Russ, I know he was running great before the flat.

Good job to Eli and Steve Miller (2nd and third in IT both had their fastest laps yesterday.

ITR times are blowing my mind. That class is coming on strong.

Andy Bettencourt
04-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the new track record. I expect you'll break that one again soon, or maybe Jeff will beat you to it? :)

Thanks Dave, Jeff and Tim. Conditions were ideal this weekend for us as is typical of this early weekend with the REALLY cool air and some sun on the track. I was looking forward to racing the ex-Serra CRX of Mr. Funk but a blown shock was hampering the effort in a pretty big way I guess. That is a nice car.

Geoff B. lost his brakes while in P2 with Lawton closing fast. The typical cluster-fark in T3 on lap 1 allowed me to grab a little gap right away as I was just in front of it as it developed. No damage that I know of but for sure some off-courses.

Andy Bettencourt
04-19-2009, 10:15 AM
And to add - it was great to see some sand-boxers as well as some of the new guys on the site. Congrats to all who got signed off and had a great race!

Ed Funk
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Honda's to worry about should include young Mister Mossaidis on the list a few dozen places higher than me! He did really well in the school, handled on track pressure from a couple instructors well. Ran 18's in the race on 2 year old, multi heat cycle Toyos. Look out ITA, and he's Greek so he can probably cook off the track, too!
----and don't even get me started on ouzo!

mossaidis
04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
:) Thanks for putting a smile on my face Ed! As I sit in stand still traffic off exit 17 in NYS thruway, I keep thinking about what is next in terms of the next race, what I should have done better, how to be smoother, go faster... what can I buy without my significant other killing me. :) First and foremost, I had such a good time Thurs-Sat. I got so much support (both mental, mechanical and technical) from everyone that could do so. Thank you Jeff, Ed, Louis, Kathy, Victor, Bruce, Branscombe brothers, Andy, Jim, Jason, Mark/Criag/Jason/Wendy and everyone else - especially Jason Howes (my pit crew! - get your license!), Tom Hansen, Jesse Clark and my rents.

I am even more hooked now!

Edited for grammar and the fact that the 45 minute gridlock was over and I rushed the submit button...

philstireservice
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Buy more track time....:) always a good investment

mossaidis
04-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Buy more track time....:) always a good investment

I am looking at the NESCCA schedule right now... :cavallo:

lawtonglenn
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Here is a link to the full length incar video in three parts.

Lots of good footage of Brian Bagnall's butt. :)

My first attempts at web video, quality not the best, I'll learn and improve.

http://video.yahoo.com/people/5915974

rthiele
04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Very nice, thank you Glenn!

benspeed
04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
WOW! Great racing - way to go Glenn and Brian

BAGMAN WINS! Boy do I want my car finished.

dtanthon
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Very nice! :happy204:
Screw selling my Mazda. Just have to find some $$$$.

BrianB
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks Glenn for your post and the video...I was relieved to see it was my car you were referring to...:) web video and all...
Russ Jones was starting to checkout when that flat tire bite him,I found myself in P1 with most of the race in front of me and Glenn right behind me...i knew Glenn would be all over a mistake, and as the video shows,he was right there pressing...fortunately my cars strenghts helped me alot and I had good luck with the traffic...

Glenn,the video is a big help,I can see where I need to get my"butt" going...

It was just great getting to drive the "checkers" around..

Bags

benspeed
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Brian - wish I was there to see it! Congratulations again - you got to be on cloud 9! Getting a win in ITS is a heck of an accomplishment.

robits325is
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks Glenn for your post and the video...I was relieved to see it was my car you were referring to...:) web video and all...
Russ Jones was starting to checkout when that flat tire bite him,I found myself in P1 with most of the race in front of me and Glenn right behind me...i knew Glenn would be all over a mistake, and as the video shows,he was right there pressing...fortunately my cars strenghts helped me alot and I had good luck with the traffic...

Glenn,the video is a big help,I can see where I need to get my"butt" going...

It was just great getting to drive the "checkers" around..

Bags

Congratulations!!!!!! Great job.

Doc Bro
04-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Congratulations again Bags!! Great way to start the season.

R

lateapex911
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Way to go Brian! :smilie_pokal: