PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever lose a logbook?

StephenB
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
It appears as though I have lost my log book! :eek:
I have looked everywhere that I remember putting it but after 9 years and a few logbooks stapled together I think it just might be gone this time! :( I think I will try and bring it to tech at NHIS eventhough I am not racing and just spectating. That way if it is an issue I don't have to worry about it at the first event of the year that I run in!

If anyone has done this and knows a procedure let me know!

Stephen

Dave Gomberg
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Since there is nowhere that a copy of your logbook exists, there is no "procedure". You will need to have a new logbook issued. Because the inspector who issues it has no idea what notations might have been in the old book, it will need a complete inspection as if it was a car that never had a logbook. Since you already have a logbook number on the roll hoop/cage, that number will be reused - in effect you get a re-issued logbook, but it will not have the car's history.

Dave

tdw6974
04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Stephen, You will need to Have a new log book issued. With the Number stamped on the Cage you may be able to locate the original copy of filled in pages. Out first car came out of Georgia and we contacted the atlanta region and the had a photo copy of inside cover took that to tech and was issued a new book after all measurements and requirements where met. Good idea to do before first event then tech can work on it a theie liesure. Might bribe them (ok put in good mood) with a Pan of brownies/ cookies etc. Where is the wink icon when you want it. T Weaver

StephenB
04-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys that's kinda what I thought would happen, just wasn't sure...

And an update... After hrs of looking last night, then today calling everyone I know, then loading the car up to take to the track now I can finally see how dirty my benches are as I walk into the garage. I decided since I am now stressed about this logbook and can't sleep I should pick up a little since I have been a tornado looking for this thing! I pick up an envelope that I believe has the rabies shots for my dogs and is labeled with our local animal hospital and what falls out... yup my logbook and the results from my last race last year! I have no clue why how or when I put them in that envelope but either way the logbook is found! :happy204: :026:

Stephen

Next question... how do you register your dog at the town with no rabies paperwork! :rolleyes:

RSTPerformance
04-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Next question... how do you register your dog at the town with no rabies paperwork! :rolleyes:

Dog or Horse??? :dead_horse:

lol... see you in a few hours!

Raymond "Rabies would be the last thing I worried about if Tucker bit me" Blethen

lateapex911
04-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Just a note: you're lucky you found it. I would think anything that was "grandfathered" on the car wouldn't fly, because, essentially, you are registering the car for the first time, as far as tech is concerned. (even though you'd reuse the cage number)

Maybe your car has nothing grandfathered Steven, so it's not as big a deal, but, for somebody else, it could be very troublesome.

Xian
04-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Just a note: you're lucky you found it. I would think anything that was "grandfathered" on the car wouldn't fly, because, essentially, you are registering the car for the first time, as far as tech is concerned. (even though you'd reuse the cage number)

Maybe your car has nothing grandfathered Steven, so it's not as big a deal, but, for somebody else, it could be very troublesome.

Yep. This is why I always kept a photo copy of my logbook in a safe place in case the original was ever lost...

Christian, who's going to have to get a logbook for the new car soon.

tom_sprecher
04-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I keep mine in a small 3 ring binder in my gear bag and it NEVER goes anywhere esle.

downingracing
04-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Good idea to make a copy and keep it at home. I always have mine in the 'race bag'. Works great keeping it there until you leave the 'race bag' in the trailer and someone steals the trailer..... Talk about something that insurance can't replace!

esuvee
04-23-2009, 08:14 PM

I have to assume your cage number would be able to take care of most grandfather issues? Seems I remember buying a car with no logbook and the cage number got me 90% of the way there.

Alex