PDA

View Full Version : NASA to SCCA

dryan
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I recently purchase a NASA run RX7. I was wondering if anyone has gone back and forth between NASA & SCCA. I would like to be able to run with both groups.

Car had an annual tech for 2008 w/Nasa, no SCCA log book.

What were the biggest changes needed to run with both? i.e. any big structural changes to the cage. I've read through the CCR's for SCCA, but I'm still a bit confused. Car would probably run ITA (currently set for PTF)

Any help would be appreciated.

Knestis
04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Your best bet is probably to prepare to an SCCA class like Improved Touring, then run whatever Performance Touring (PT) class you end up in. PT allows way more flexibility so is easier to drop into but be warned that some IT improvements earn disproportionately more PT "points" than it seems like they should. The nature of the two rule sets is VERY different, with IT being way more prescriptive.

K

pgipson
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I recently purchase a NASA run RX7. I was wondering if anyone has gone back and forth between NASA & SCCA. I would like to be able to run with both groups.

Car had an annual tech for 2008 w/Nasa, no SCCA log book.

What were the biggest changes needed to run with both? i.e. any big structural changes to the cage. I've read through the CCR's for SCCA, but I'm still a bit confused. Car would probably run ITA (currently set for PTF)

Any help would be appreciated.

Is it a Pro7 or Spec7 car? Those are regional classes (Spec7 is SoPac; Pro7 is both I believe).

racer_tim
04-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Here are the San Francisco Region supps for it's SRX7 class

http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2009/rx7rules.pdf

It is also a legal ITA car, but with the limitation of the stock 13x5.5" wheels and exhaust manifold, it would never be competitive in in ITA.

ddewhurst
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
It is also a legal ITA car, but with the SRX7 limitation ;) of the stock 13x5.5" wheels and exhaust manifold, it would never be competitive in in ITA.

Marcus Miller
04-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Who's car did you buy?

Marcus (nasa norcal regular, with some SCCA time