PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Monster at CMP

NutDriverRighty
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The Central Carolinas Region will bring you the Memorial Monster at Carolina Motorsports Park on Memorial Day weekend. It will bring SARRC and CCPS races for the weekend along with both a time trial and an autocross on Memorial Day Monday (in conjunction with South Carolina Region).
If you know folks who do F&C or if YOU can't afford to race and still want to go to the track, remember that the CCR pays for double-occupancy rooms at the Colony Inn in Camden and provides lunches on Saturday and Sunday for workers. There is even a rumor about discounted track time in the time trial or autocross on Monday!! Check the CCR site for details.

Scott Franklin
www.NutDriver.org (http://www.NutDriver.org)
www.CCRSCCA.com (http://www.CCRSCCA.com)
ITA/7 #91
SPU #68
CCR BoD
SWCCCR Road Racing Liaison
F&C

seckerich
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
quick link to registration. CCPS race will be before quiet hour on Sunday so you are not last race of the day for once. Gives you time to prep and get ready for afternoon race. Would any of you on the other forums please cross post the link. Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track. Might even be nice there if you have a good story:D This is a double SARRC/Double CCPS. Thanks.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=3963&LMID=486

Gary Gentry
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Steve,

Muchos Gracias for the CCPS scheduling on Sunday.......it is truly appreciated!!!

timo944
05-08-2009, 10:03 AM
quick link to registration. CCPS race will be before quiet hour on Sunday so you are not last race of the day for once. Gives you time to prep and get ready for afternoon race. Would any of you on the other forums please cross post the link. Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track. Might even be nice there if you have a good story:D This is a double SARRC/Double CCPS. Thanks.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=3963&LMID=486

Yet there's nothing on the CCR website?

tom_sprecher
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Had a real bear getting this race open so no late fees unless you wait until you get to the track.

DLB has a fine product, but you might want to switch to motorsportreg.com. Many are. We did last year and never looked back.

Charles Perry
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
In the supps they mentioned that SARRC points are not accumulated. Please tell me what that means.
thanks

seckerich
05-08-2009, 11:28 AM
SARRC points are not accumulated for the CCPS which are treated as restricted regionals. This is a Double SARRC and points are awarded. I thought us lazy drivers never read the Supps.:D No worries. As far as motorsports reg, still not to happy about their fee structure and how they treat withdrawn entries. Gets real expensive quick and we worked hard to not go up from last years price. I will not do anything that costs the racers more money, too tough to afford this already.

tom_sprecher
05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I will agree that withdawn entries are costly. Since most drivers do not realize the cost the region incurrs when someone withdraws (if they paid with a credit card) maybe a fee to cover it is needed.

seckerich
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I just encourage them to pay with a check. In the long run it does keep the races cheaper. We don't cash until after the event so it works fine.

Charles Perry
05-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Steve,
thanks for the clarification, that is what I had thought, but just wanted to be sure.

tac911t
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
... If you know folks who do F&C or if YOU can't afford to race and still want to go to the track, remember that the CCR pays for double-occupancy rooms at the Colony Inn in Camden and provides lunches on Saturday and Sunday for workers. There is even a rumor about discounted track time in the time trial or autocross on Monday!! Check the CCR site for details.

Scott,

Who does one contact to sign up to work F&C?

E-3
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
I have had several calls from some competitors trying to just sign up for CCPS. Most are unaware that there is a second link on the DBL calendar if you just want CCPS.
Here are the direct links to get you signed up.:happy204:
Happy Racing!
Estus White

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=3966&LMID=486 CCPS only

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=3963&LMID=486 SARRC and SARRC/CCPS

seckerich
05-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Big thanks to everyone who came out and supported our race at CMP. Worker turnout was unbelievable with lots of new faces. What a great group !! Good close racing with some big groups. You all need to ask ITAC member Jeff Young about his new rain setup.:rolleyes: That TR8 is wicked fast now with a new fuel injected motor and Jeff is on his game. Anyone have some Brembo's they would lend him? Most of the usual SE suspects were there and ITR better be ready for Kip V in his Porsche, he won overall in the Production group.

iambhooper
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Big thanks to everyone who came out and supported our race at CMP. Worker turnout was unbelievable with lots of new faces. What a great group !! Good close racing with some big groups. You all need to ask ITAC member Jeff Young about his new rain setup.:rolleyes: That TR8 is wicked fast now with a new fuel injected motor and Jeff is on his game. Anyone have some Brembo's they would lend him? Most of the usual SE suspects were there and ITR better be ready for Kip V in his Porsche, he won overall in the Production group.

Fuel Injection is AWESOME, ain't it Jeff?! I wish I could a made it, but the Honda is still recovering from the Mothers day event. We just got it back from the frame shop, but still have to come up with a way to slow the car down better in the corners.

Jeff, I expect to hear some stories. Did you replace all that Lucas junk w "quality" Bosch products?

hoop

JeffYoung
05-26-2009, 01:01 AM
As always, had a lot of fun at CMP on Memorial Day, thanks to CCR for putting on a great event.....

The car and the new motor is getting there, still have some sorting to do, but things look promising. Just need to learn I can't follow Mr. Eckerich deep into a braking a zone!

See you guys at the track.....

Jeff

tbtapper
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM
As always with this group of competitors at the Monster made for a great event. I definitely enjoyed having the start moved to the back section. I personally think it makes for a much saner starting situation.

Even so I was still way intimidated on Sunday with the jockeying and runs up the outside. Ended up last after turn 13 but made up some places until my fueling again went hinky.

Boy, ya would'nt think plumbing in a reliable fuel system was such a challenge. By the end of the race my AFR was running 20 down the back straight I'm surprised the motor didn't melt down. Oh well, guess I'll dig through the whole thing again.

Many thanks to Steve/Vickie and all the other race officials for a well run event. Man, sign in and registration took like all of 4 minutes. Kudos.

Yippie, I finished two events w/o body work. Might actually be able to afford Hoosiers again one of these days and get up around the top group!!

Travers
ITS 19

Marlboro Mafia
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Is mylaps up? I rented a car for the Sunday race, and so it doesn't show anything under my transponder.

seckerich
05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Is mylaps up? I rented a car for the Sunday race, and so it doesn't show anything under my transponder.
We will get the results on mylaps as soon as possible. We had a new timing chief and she was kind enough to stay around Monday and help SCR with their time trial. I will check this evening.

BIG BOY
05-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow, that was a great weekend. I am so thankful of how yall boys in the ITS have made me feel welcomed into this new group for me. On Saturday because of the rain, watching the cars in front of me looked like cats on ice, however with skill. Sunday was awsome for me cause of a great start, went from starting 19th to finishing 5th. My races on both days with Jeff #30 and the red BMW #61? was great. Hope to have some video for yall soon of Sunday's race.
Chuck

Charles Perry
05-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I had a good weekend racing with you guys. Good group, lots of fun.
I found another problem with one of my shocks, so still chasing the oversteer............but overall a good weekend.

Ron Earp
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
CMP was a blast this year and thanks for the region/crew for putting it on. Overall it is my favorite race weekend of the year although 2009 could have done with less of that wet stuff. Had a great time trying to race with everyone and really enjoyed it. My motor went out on Sunday a couple of laps from the end but it is only a flesh wound, it'll be back in action after tomorrow night. Plus, I have a Sam motor coming too for the next races.

Here is the ITS start (well, sort of, I missed the start) and a few laps from Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wfaGlyoQFo

I made a few mistakes there in three and the carousel that got me left behind but thems the breaks.

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing everyone at the track the next time around. Chuck I found this gem there in the race footage too, nice save!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2G-vQUp3s

Sorry about being there with the hurt motor but I thought I was going to be through the kink and track right before you guys caught me. I mis-judged that closing rate!! Glad you were ok.

Ron

seckerich
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I had a blast racing wheel to wheel with Charles (once a little too close:rolleyes:). I got into the side of Charles when I ran out of talent and traction into 1 during qualifing Sunday. Real class act because we shook hands and had a very close race. IT racing still rocks!!

Not kidding Jeff Young about his spin, I was talking about loosing the cooling duct Sunday and melting everything. Every race we get a few more ITS cars out in the hands of new drivers and the class is getting very close at the pointy end. SIC should be one of the best in years.

Mazmarc63
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
So the Rocket Scientist and the Lawyer are prepping their weapons for an all out assault. Does this mean they will be looking out their windshields at the rear bumper of a silver Rx-7 at Daytona, orrrrrrrrrrrrr?????

You boys hauling down or flying in?

The Datsun goes clankity clank.
The Triumph goes breakity brake.
...and the Mazda goes Hummmmmmmmm.

Hey Jeff, I got rains.

JeffYoung
05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, but the question is do you have balls to lend me??? I need rain balls to race that bitch in the rain......lol......

Probably going to have to miss Daytona this year.....looks like no return trip until 2010.......and I'm expecting 2:16s when I come down next time due to Coach Dana + new FI motor......

Mazmarc63
05-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Awwwwww, mannnnnn.:(

Racing in the rain is no big deal. Just move your braking points back slightly. Oh wait...

Bwhaaa, haaaa, haaaa.

Racecraft rule #3. Don't follow.:D

JeffYoung
05-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, I wasn't trying to follow Mr. Steve E., I was trying to catch and pass him...and I would have done exactly what he did if I were in his shoes.....make time on me where he could (under braking).

But I do need to look up from that RX7 bumper....I guess I am still in shock that I have gotten the TR8 to the point where I can actually see it.....

Mazmarc63
05-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah, like that's a place to pass an equal car.

Racecraft rule # 1. Be smart. Racecraft rule # 2. Blame others for your failure to follow rule # 1 and # 3.:D

Nice to see you at the front. The fun factor rises the further up you go.

Well done gentleman. You too Steve.:)

seckerich
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Awwwwww, mannnnnn.:(

Racing in the rain is no big deal. Just move your braking points back slightly. Oh wait...

Bwhaaa, haaaa, haaaa.

Racecraft rule #3. Don't follow.:D
Thats coooooold Mark, but true!! I had to way over drive the car under brakes to have a chance off the corners with those torque monsters. In Jeffs defense I skipped the 100 ft marker that lap and just rolled the car in--hard to do with a solid axle car. Train wreck is close in power to the old black beast but still lacking in the handling department. Shocks need to go back to Speedsource for a little more love. Why don't you plan on the SIC this year so we can have some old fashion fun?? I know that is as far out of Florida as we can get you.

Ron Earp
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Marc,

Probably a no-go on the Daytona tow down but we'll see as the time gets closer. Come on up to RRR though for sure, you know you want to!!

R

Tristan Smith
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM
So Jeff Y, any in-car video of the new "Green Hornet" in action? Glad to see you doing so well in it!

BIG BOY
05-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Ron, in your second video that guy did a great save didn't he, oh yeah that was me. I was tring so hard to keep up with Jeff M., I'm am sooo glad we missed ya. If that was my 7 car with the Toyo's I would have lost it. Since I have been running this S car using these Hoosiers has been an eye opener. They seem like they are more forgiven, allowing you to save it, unlike the Toyo's which will give then let go, causing them to put you into a spin.
Hey Ron I have my video loaded but I don't know how to attach here, can you help.
Chuck

Ron Earp
05-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Chuck, no problem just a simple cut and paste of the You Tube URL. Here's Chuck's in car:

Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ03IPyMAxM&feature=channel_page

Part Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rit6VjIXhk&feature=channel_page

Part Three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZVxNKtJZw&feature=channel_page

Ron Earp
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
What happened to Jeff M at 5:07 into that race in T1?

pballance
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Dang, that looks like fun. Wish I had been able to make it this year. Chuck are you going to try and make it over to Nashville? If not, I will see you at Barber again this Labor Day!

Paul

seckerich
05-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Results are up on mylaps.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=422966 Sunday

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=422974 Saturday

seckerich
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
You might want to buy your own brakes before the next race Chuck--Jeff M is going to get mad if you keep using him to stop in turn 1.:rolleyes:

BIG BOY
05-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Ron, thanks for loading my videos. I think Jeff at T1 just went a little too deep. He told me after the race that he wasn't going as deep as he could have. I figured he was not interested in doing that twice. I bumped Jeff twice myself at T1 when I locked them up. The second time was lap10 I think, on the 3rd video 2:15, I was still on the gas when he hit the brake, the closing distance was too close. Jeff I'm sorry for hitting you. Paul, I'm not going to Nashville, going to stay local and race Rockingham, oh bye the way yall the Carolina Cup will only be allowed 38 cars for that race, register early, register often. Steve I told Jeff that 8 brakes were better than 4.
Chuck

manning68
05-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Couldn't agree more with Jeff. A great weekend and the weather made for some interesting tire choices!! Thanks CCR and everyone that showed up!!