PDA

View Full Version : LRP config?

CRallo
03-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Since we actually get to run Limerock more than once this year, I was curious, does anyone know which configuration(s) will be run?

On a related note: At any of the tracks with alternate configurations, how is it decided which to run?

thanks! :)

Andy Bettencourt
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Regions can ask LRP to configure it however they want but I don't see any demand for any of the 'slow me down so I don't hurt my street car' corners at SCCA events.

I was on LRP 5 times last year between SCCA and SCDA and not once did anyone even consider anything other than the original config.

CRallo
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Andy! Sounds like you knew where I was going with that one... I miss the old track in the rain enough as it is and have no interest in the new configs. I was hoping this was the popular opinion...

BruceG
03-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Since we actually get to run Limerock more than once this year, I was curious, does anyone know which configuration(s) will be run?

On a related note: At any of the tracks with alternate configurations, how is it decided which to run?

thanks! :)

Chris...I'm pretty sure that they will run the classic "old" course for all SCCA events. No one likes the 2 new chicanes but they were built to slow down the ALMS cars that were way to fast on the old course.

Bruce

raffaelli
03-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Chris...I'm pretty sure that they will run the classic "old" course for all SCCA events. No one likes the 2 new chicanes but they were built to slow down the ALMS cars that were way to fast on the old course.

Bruce

Funny thing is that they weren't any slower in 08 than they were in 07........:blink:

dtanthon
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Northern New Jersey Region has an event at Lime Rock on Friday May 29 and Saturday May 30.

Friday:
9am - 12:30pm : PDX
1pm - 6pm : Test & Tune (like a Tuesday at LRP)
Saturday:
9am - 6pm : NJRRS/NARRC Regional

We will run the course in the opposite direction using both chicanes utilizing a blindfolded driver with a co-driver sitting backwards in the back seat.

Classic Lime Rock for all NNJR events, there is only one Lime Rock. It takes balls to drive Lime Rock fast, I'm still looking for mine. Once we get the Pocono sanction this event will follow shortly.

dickita15
03-27-2009, 03:49 PM
There has been no conversation in NER (June 19-20 school regional) of running anything other than the classic course. I do not think it even occurred to anyone that any racer would want to run the others.

lateapex911
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Just in case anyone in any position of power in any Road Racing board is reading: Run it classic. I know I won't bother showing up if the mickey mouse stuff is included. It's bad enough that NHMS is now run with the banked section eliminated (Acccckk.)...that has seriously damped my desire to visit that track, which honestly isn't on the the list of "Great Roadrace Tracks in America".

Lime Rock is on that list. let's enjoy it for what it is. (Just my opinion!)

raffaelli
03-27-2009, 09:44 PM
The new layout really is an obstacle course, not a track. Despite how easy it is for me to be there, I would pass on it.

Andy Bettencourt
03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
It's bad enough that NHMS is now run with the banked section eliminated (Acccckk.)...that has seriously damped my desire to visit that track, which honestly isn't on the the list of "Great Roadrace Tracks in America".

Huh? Did I miss something? NASCAR 1 and 2 are in full effect for April.

lateapex911
03-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Huh? Did I miss something? NASCAR 1 and 2 are in full effect for April.

Cool! Last I heard there wasn't a clear majority, and I thought the call was North and south chicanes on one day, and only the north on the other.

I'll look closely at the supps for upcoming events there.

dickita15
03-28-2009, 05:41 AM
I believe April, Memorial Day and August are oval only. July and September doubles us one course each day. Unfortunately the survey was inconclusive.

Andy Bettencourt
03-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Actually, I think there is LESS support from racers for chicane / chicane.

BruceG
03-28-2009, 09:29 AM
There has been no conversation in NER (June 19-20 school regional) of running anything other than the classic course. I do not think it even occurred to anyone that any racer would want to run the others.

Dick...I went to 3 day racing school last April on the old course(before repaving) and then back on July 7th for lapping, just after they reopened the track with the new pavement. They made us run the new course(with the 2 chicanes) to help cure the pavement with light formula cars before the ALMS race. All rhythm was lost on the new chicanes as well as speed built up on faster sections.

I heard that even Sam Posey in his club ford missed the uphill chicane off the back straight and went the old way up the hill because he had done it so many times in the past!

Bruce:eclipsee_steering:

dickita15
03-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Actually, I think there is LESS support from racers for chicane / chicane.

At one event last year at NHMS every driver had to answer a two question survey. The first was something like which course do you prefer and it was overwhelmingly south oval, 70 or 80 percent. The second question was should we run different course on the two two-day doubles, again it was overwhelming in favor of the different courses.
I was surprised, I would rather stay on the oval, it is the one really demanding corner on the track.

Dano77
03-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhh, my evil plan is working. Jake stay away,its a truly awful way for you to race in NH.:cool:

dtanthon
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
NNJR had our preseason meeting and the race committee decided -

Friday:
10am - 6pm : Test & Tune
Saturday:
9am - 6pm : NJRRS/NARRC Regional

What do you think about dropping the PDX and just having a full test and tune day on the Friday? This is the first event at LRP and a full test day was requested. Classic course.