PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage shop in NE/Central florida

GT72Datsun
03-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi am in Gainesville Florida and looking for recommendations for a shop to install a roll cage in my 280z. Car is used primarily for track days. Will drive a couple of hours for a nice job.

Thanks

Charles Perry
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I am up in Jacksonville and would recommend Tommy Riggins, Riggins Engineering.
I have seen his work and have had some cage work done and it has been good and priced right.

His number is

Charles Perry
03-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Don't know why phone number did not come though, you can call info in Jax.

SATURNRACER
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Call Irish Mikes here in Orlando he does a great job and is reasonable.
Irish Mikes towing
sorry i dont have his number
O.B.

DoubleXL240Z
03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm in Longwood/ North Orlando and have built a number cages for guys on here. I know I can beat everybody's price on cage work. I also am a Z guy and am building one for GT. I have done a lot of research on the Z chassis, its weaknesses and such. and I have a number of parts for the car as well. Give me a call and we can talk!!
4 zero 7 four six 3 zero 3 twelve

spawpoet
03-27-2009, 08:28 AM
I haven't seen Andy (momsz) on here in awhile, so I'll speak up on his behalf. I know Chris did some work for Andy's car, and Andy spoke very, very highly about the quality of work Chris does, and how he was treated. Andy knows his stuff, and he definitely would give Chris a thumbs-up. I only wish I had taken my car up to Chris (long story...still unfolding). :unsure:

quadzjr
03-27-2009, 04:17 PM
We have been getting our cages by Chris Leon. He lives in longwood area.. godo price as well.

jermjerm2
04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
+1 on Chris Leone. He is a great guy, great work and very reasonable! Recently did my ITA acura.

Mike Guenther
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I too have purchased a chassis with a Chris Leone cage in it and I must admit that it was very well constructed.

But I am responding to tell you about one of the best welders in the business in Ocala.
Ricky Watts of Advance Race Works has a ton of experience with a butt load of different cars and class requirements. 352 area code. Then 625 dash 2540.

Advance Race Works
(352) 625-2540
Ricky Watts

BUMPnGO
04-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Tell Ricky I'm using his old trailer here in Colorado for the High Plains Race this weekend. Denny....he did a ton of good stuff for me in FL.

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

GT72Datsun
06-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank you all for the input.

GT72Datsun
06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
On step closer to the track. I took the car to Chris Leone in Longwood. He did a really nice job and turned the car around in a week. I recommend him to anyone looking for a cage or some fabrication. I attached some pictures of the bar he did in my 280.

Mike Guenther
07-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I am not an expert on cages or the SCCA GCR, but I don't think that door bar design will meet SCCA specifications. It would have been OK a few years back, but I believe you have to have a minimum of two horizontal bars across the door opening now.

It is not a big deal to add bars and it would help when it comes time to sell the car. Not to mention the added safety that was intended in the rule being revised.

DoubleXL240Z
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks Mike, the cage was never designed nor intended for SCCA use. Its an autocross car that sees occasional DE use. So the intention was for rollover protection and a bit of side impact protection with ease of ingress/egress, and belt bar accessablity. Good eyes!!

SATURNRACER
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice job!
Chris I will be seeing you before the end of July....finally had some stocks sold.....just don't tell my wife!

I'll call ya soon.