PDA

View Full Version : Rim repair shop in Central CT area?

gran racing
03-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Anyone have a good recommendation for a shop to repair a tweeked rim in the central CT area? I don't want to ship the rims out. Thanks.

Jeremy Billiel
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Anyone have a good recommendation for a shop to repair a tweeked rim in the central CT area? I don't want to ship the rims out. Thanks.

Dave - Talk to matt he has a guy in his old Wallingford shop area that does this. We have brought many volks to get redone.

Greg Amy
03-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Dee-duh-dee...

;)

JLawton
03-24-2009, 07:51 PM

But Dave, don't you want the wheels to match the rest of the car??

:confused:

Kidding, KIDDING!!

Dano77
03-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Manchester NH may be out of the way,We got a guy who straightens them around 60 bucks,stripped of tires. He does all the rims for our dealership. good turnaround time to,while u wait. Ill get the # if anyone is interested
Dan:cool:

lateapex911
03-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Don't use the guy off I-95 in the exit 65-ish area. He never returned phone calls, took months to get them done, wasn't there when I went there, and the estimate of "$200 or so" ballooned into $450 plus. Which I nearly payed happily just to get the things back in my possession.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

gran racing
03-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Actually Jeff, you might be on to something here. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out which wheel is the problem! Argh. In the morning it's absolutely horrible, then as the tires heat up not such a problem. At low speeds it's more noticable then at higher speeds. Yes, I've checked the pressures in the morning when it's cold out. I have to figure this out before I put the car up for sale (don't get too excited Jeff, not the Prelude but the S2000.) :(

Kessler
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Wheelcraft
89 North Plains Industrial Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
(203)284-9191

Owner's name is Sonny

Tell him Matt sent you and you WILL get a better price.

lateapex911
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Does the steering "walk" in your hand? My 911 did that, it's clearly a front wheel/tire situation. If you feel it in your butt, but not your hands, it's most likely the rears. Swap to confirm.

That said, you'd think a wheel issue would be consistent. My M3 does that when it's been sitting for awhile, but goes a way after miles.. And my 911 did that too, but it never truly went away. It was bad in the AM, then, it got better after miles. And it came and went, depending on the curves. When the two front tires were "lined up" it would be smooth, but, after a turn, the outside tire had gone further, and was not matching the inside, and the vibration would return. rinse, repeat. It was a belt issue on a tire.

JLawton
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Ah, it's for the street car. Jokes not so funny now.........

CRallo
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Actually Jeff, you might be on to something here. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out which wheel is the problem! Argh. In the morning it's absolutely horrible, then as the tires heat up not such a problem. At low speeds it's more noticable then at higher speeds. Yes, I've checked the pressures in the morning when it's cold out. I have to figure this out before I put the car up for sale (don't get too excited Jeff, not the Prelude but the S2000.) :(

Dave, don't forget that some tires "flatspot" even just from sitting overnight. You could start by having a tire shop spin them all on a balancer...