PDA

View Full Version : New motor in #88

morbsracing
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Pinto boys, your instructor will be back with a new motor installed in the #88 this spring. Just fired it up yesterday. A little shakedown at Nelson's and LOOK OUT! Found a couple problems in the old motor. I'll explain that when I see you at the track. Will you guys be there for the school in April? If not , YOU SHOULD BE!

ITA_honda
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Ill be out at the drivers school....
not taking the school, just hanging out.

AjG
03-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey, glad to hear you got it sorted.
Can I have the parts from your old one? :)
I don’t know if l will make it out or not. Kyle might be there with a student/renter, hopefully in a new Pinto, then we’d have 4!

ITA_honda
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
ohh ahh new pinto!:026:

lateapex911
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey, glad to hear you got it sorted.
Can I have the parts from your old one? :)
I don’t know if l will make it out or not. Kyle might be there with a student/renter, hopefully in a new Pinto, then we’d have 4!

if that isn't the definition of an oxymoron, I don't know what is, LOL.

RedMisted
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM

You guys are building a cult following with those racing Pintos. I suggest you submit your stories to a publication like Grassroots Motorsports...:)
Look forward to seeing y'all at Nelson or M-O this year.

jay05
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM
The Pintos are why the fans show up. I wish I was able to watch them, but I'm always grouped with them. After our races all anyone talks about is their epic battles.

RedMisted
03-26-2009, 07:40 PM
The Pintos are why the fans show up. I wish I was able to watch them, but I'm always grouped with them. After our races all anyone talks about is their epic battles.

Jay, I'm tellin' ya. Some of the best racing I saw last year, anywhere, was when ITB got together with ITS. And the Pintos always figured to make things interesting.

Maybe one of these years we can switch cars so that you'll have a chance to watch these guys...:eclipsee_steering:

benspeed
03-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I saw some mighty good Pinto battles at Summit point last year - way fun to watch :-)

joeg
03-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah but those are the super sophisticated Grand Touring Pintos!

ITA_honda
03-27-2009, 05:38 PM

What a show it is!:happy204: oh my. I make it a point to watch ITB every weekend in between my ITA sessions.:026:
you should see how close they can get and even lean on each other a bit:blink:
but it makes it all worth while!

RedMisted
03-28-2009, 04:05 AM
Yeah but those are the super sophisticated Grand Touring Pintos!

OMG!
Pintos in GT3?
Am I in dreamland or what?:happy204:

krazy kyle ITB Pinto 99
03-28-2009, 04:35 AM
wow, can't wait to hear what the crap was going on with the other motor- i might come and try to instruct at the school , if jim says i'm allowed....

krazy kyle ITB Pinto 99
03-28-2009, 06:40 PM
:eclipsee_steering: ha jim , we had a meeting of the pinto boys, allready figuring out the plan , to box you in... and bump draft well i mean, i smash aaron in the bumper to launch him around you .... cause we all know you been,,, playin possum....

krazy kyle ITB Pinto 99
03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
if i want to help , at drivers school, what do i have to do

924Guy
03-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Woohoo! You guys coming back to the 'Fest??

AjG
03-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Hopefully we’ll make it this year. I had motor problems last year(35 lb valve spring=rev limiter). But I learned something: valve spring testing is not a step to be skipped.
I don’t think the Pinto’s are going to be turning any 1:46’s though. Hmmm… or 1:47’s. But I’ve got high hopes for 1:48.

dlg208
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Still have to do some work on #80 after last year's flange snap. :eek:
(Mid-O turn 9 during the Autumn Classic handicap race)

I'm shooting for a 1:49.999
That would be .011 better than my best.

I'll be flagging the school at Nelson for the school...Should be entertaining :D

krazy kyle ITB Pinto 99
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
wow both my boys havin high hopes and goals........ i feel pretty lame,,, i just wanna use my car as a race car, more than a lawn mower... but i find my myself being pulled off into the green,,,back to where, i dreamed of racin,, i went round and round the yard fast as i could to finish, me and my suped up lawnmower,,, i gotta get my eyes on the track and off the grass... i gotta quit going to demo derbys to.....if any one has been behind us as we battled , would love to see it the dvd or video,,, i hear about the KRAZY KYLE racin is great to watch !!!! would like a tall glass of Capt. Jim Morgan and coke and watch it ....

RedMisted
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Pintos=Real SCCA racing excitement.
Kyle, you should style yourself as IT's Intimidator. Whatwith all your talk about bump drafting and riding through the grass. I recall Dale Sr. used to be pretty good cutting the infield at Daytona while going 170 mph.:D
Plus, you kinda look a bit like him.
Look forward to seeing you guys at the tracks!

dlg208
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
We generally go to the pub Sunday evenings after the race...

Kyle meets us there after he stops at the car wash. :D

morbsracing
03-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Just show up. We other instructors will guide you in what to do. Don't bring your racecar, but do have a car that you can take students with you around the track(staying on the asphalt that is!)

dlg208
03-31-2009, 06:41 AM
staying on the asphalt that is!

*snort*

He can't even do that on the road :D

You gotta be pretty good and liquored-up to ever ride shotgun in Kyles street car.

ITA_honda
03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
would like a tall glass of Capt. Jim Morgan and coke and watch it ....

ahhh, now that sounds like the perfect senerio!:happy204:
racing (pintos), alcohol (while watching only), and perfect weather:happy204:
haha.

ITA_honda
03-31-2009, 11:00 AM
wow both my boys havin high hopes and goals........ i feel pretty lame,,, i just wanna use my car as a race car, more than a lawn mower... but i find my myself being pulled off into the green,,,back to where, i dreamed of racin,, i went round and round the yard fast as i could to finish, me and my suped up lawnmower,,, i gotta get my eyes on the track and off the grass... i gotta quit going to demo derbys to.....if any one has been behind us as we battled , would love to see it the dvd or video,,, i hear about the KRAZY KYLE racin is great to watch !!!! would like a tall glass of Capt. Jim Morgan and coke and watch it ....

ahh yes. nothing like kicking back and watching pinto's race than with a nice ice cold Morgan and coke.
the perfect senerio for the perfect weekend!
good racing, drinks, and weather!:026: