PDA

View Full Version : Infineon season opener

vtluu
03-21-2009, 11:27 AM
4 ITS entries; I'm feeling pretty good about my chances for a top-10 finish! If I finish putting my engine back together this weekend and if it doesn't go kaboom, that is...

Me --> :D :smilie_pokal: <-- Doug

vtluu
03-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Anybody else testing on Friday?

JoshS
03-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Anybody else testing on Friday?

Not me. I had to withdraw my entry for the weekend, unfortunately.

Z3_GoCar
03-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Not me. I had to withdraw my entry for the weekend, unfortunately.

I hope it's nothing serious.

I was going to place coin that it was going to be:

vt:Ddoug:shrug:Josh:smilie_pokal:

vtluu
03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I qualified P2 (P5 overall), my best qually results ever, but had a terrible start; Wilson and Dion got past me off the start and I fought back to get past Dion in T4.

Doug's car lost a cylinder on the first lap of the race, so whereas I expected him to walk away from the rest of the pack off the start, I was very surprised to find myself in all-out race with him. He just about drove the wheels off his car to defend his position. We traded leads a few times but ultimately his racecraft experience and consistency won out.

Video of our battle: http://www.vimeo.com/3924595

Nice driving Doug! And congrats to Wilson on the win!

racer_tim
03-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Doug said that he forgot to replace the rocker arms over the winter (standard maint) and he lost a rocker. Now everybody know what a 6 banger sounds like running on 5 cyl's.

Viet, did you and George kiss and make up after practice? It's not like George to go off, so we in the tower were , that's a first for George, and then we got the call that he had some help. :eclipsee_steering:

vtluu
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Viet, did you and George kiss and make up after practice? It's not like George to go off, so we in the tower were , that's a first for George, and then we got the call that he had some help. :eclipsee_steering:
Yeah, upon further hindsight, it was an ill-advised pass attempt on my part. I thought he knew I was coming, he thought I wouldn't try something so brazen. Oops. No harm, no foul, luckily; not a mark on George's car and it only took 10-15 minutes to fix my fender. :)

uswraps
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
anyone need any race decals let me know I am located in Anaheim, Ca.