PDA

View Full Version : May Daytona ECR

Cobrar05
03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Does CFR allow none ECR classes (ITO/E) to enter ECR's in their region like NCR and Atlanta Region?

krysdean
03-20-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't believe they have in the past, but we will have to wait for the supps to know for sure, unless someone from CFR has the answer.

I haven't seen ITO cars run with ECR yet so it is hard for me to get a good feel for the performance difference between ITO and the approved ECR classes. I do have some concerns with regard to weight and speed, but intend to keep an open mind until I have more information and a little more feedback from the racers themselves. How about it, how do you IT guys feel about running ECR with the ITO cars?

Krys Dean, ECR Chief Steward (south)

splats
03-21-2009, 12:29 AM
My Vote------No to allowing ITO/ITE/AS at Daytona ECR

As an ITA driver planning on running Daytona, I would not feel safe on the track with an AS-type car. Its bad enough with an ITR trying to pass you. Now add a V8 or turbo in with cars that are 100-120 hp & you're asking for trouble. That is PROBABLEY the reason we don't have the ITC's run with the ITR's & ITS's at Daytona. Just my opinion.

Cobrar05 this is nothing against you, it looks like you have a very nice car. But your car APPEARS to be out of our range for safety. If it's a true Mustang-R, what's the factory HP (400+ ??)? And about 4000 lbs? My Neon is about 125hp & 2450 lbs. Even the smallest incident & I would LOSE big-time. On smaller tracks (even Sebring), No Problem. But not Daytona. I hope you can understand where I (& the other little-guys) are coming from & that you don't take this as a slam. It is not meant to be.

GKR_17
03-21-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't remember any at last year's event, but it could be that none entered. I remember running with ITE cars in the ITA/ITS ECR previously. BP and ITE were allowed at the Homestead double last year (including a monster Mustang, a BMW M-coupe, and several Grand-Am spec Rx-8's). Many years ago, the ITGT and A-Sedans were allowed to run the Daytona ECR, but in the small bore group with ITB and ITC since they had fewer entries. I can't recall any problems caused by increased speed differential, it is a very big track afterall. Just don't make any sudden lane changes on the banking.

Cobrar05
03-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Splats, I don't take it personally. I do ask for fairness. I have a former GS(IMSA-Motorola Cup) Mustang. Street stock that runs on DOT's. My SCCA sprint race run group includes GT1(trans am cars), SPO(unlimited cars), GTA(stock cars). Tube frame cars on slicks. My car is a 400hp/3200lb car.

My car on the track with your car is tame compared to that. I race in ECR's at VIR and Road Atlanta without issue. My request is that you race with me and then decide. I do understand where you are coming from. If I am going to race in the SCCA, its what I have to deal with in every sprint race that I enter.

If I can share the track with Tony Ave at VIR running 1:58 to my 2:15, you can share the track with me.

Florida Fiesta
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
As a slow ITC'er I don't think it is an issue.
POC had a 90 minute race at sebring with 80+ cars ranging from Miata's to LMP2 cars... I don't think we had a single issue. I was in a BMW M3 and didn't see any problems with the fast (LMP2) cars or slower Miatas.