PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rules - Team DI Pro IT

dtanthon
03-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Need your comments on the management of the series.
We also need the 'program' information so we can get that done.
Send comments to ProIT at NJRRS dot com

"The Pro-IT Manager will solicit input from Pro-IT Series participants on
the management of the series. All rule changes are subject to the approval of the JRB."

http://www.proitseries.com/images/2009proitrules.pdf

Robert Zecca
03-13-2009, 05:39 PM
The rules have now been released and posted on: www.proitseries.com

dtanthon
03-13-2009, 10:13 PM
We had a comment on the adding of STU into the ITR group. What do you think?
Atlanta Pro-IT added this in 2009.

We also made NASA E30 meet ITS, was ITR.

Don't forget about the program information. This will also be used for the September event at NJMP for the PA and media.

Andy Bettencourt
03-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Take a hard look at the STU rules ITR guys.

rsx858
03-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Im not familiar at all with this nasa class and stu, of course we all run as one group so I assume your saying that these nasa/stu cars will be wearing ITS and ITR badges.. I dont know if i like the sound of that very much. If it brings a lot of entrants fine but lets not undermine our own rules and possibly spoil the series.

Andy Bettencourt
03-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Matt,

Make sure you let the series people know. You will find afer some research that the Spec E30 cars fit fine in ITS as they are already in ITS and prep level doesn't *currently* exceed the IT prep level.

STU is another story and needs to be looked at VERY hard by ITR drivers. They do this in the Atlanta ProIt Series but I am not sure why. STU configurations are going to be wild.

Butch Kummer
03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Reading section 2.3 of the Atlanta Pro-IT rules, only the Spec E-30 and 944 Cup cars are allowed to run if they are prepared to the STU rules. These are the only STU cars that will run in our series, and they will compete in the ITR class (of which we've averaged less than one per event since ITR was born).

benspeed
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm no fan of STU in ITR or the PRO IT series. This is for IT cars. The NASA Bimmers and Porsches are IT cars but STU - forget it - that's an unlimited class just about.

Email to the series management sent with respectful declination.

rsx858
03-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Matt,

Make sure you let the series people know. You will find afer some research that the Spec E30 cars fit fine in ITS as they are already in ITS and prep level doesn't *currently* exceed the IT prep level.

STU is another story and needs to be looked at VERY hard by ITR drivers. They do this in the Atlanta ProIt Series but I am not sure why. STU configurations are going to be wild.

Will do. Your right, I looked up the E30 cars and they seem "IT" enough to fit in nicely. STU:blink:

Andy Bettencourt
03-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Here is a quick preview...

Take an ITR E36 325 and:

Go backward to 8" wheels
New minimum weight of 2700 lbs
Use alternate materials on hood and trunk and other legal ways to lighten to get there
Front splitter allowances in excess of IT
rear wings
Brake upgrade up to 328mm
Any 4 piston calipers
Tranny ratios are FREE
Almost all hardware in the heads are free
Open cams (.60 lift limit)
Fuel injectors are free
Aluminum flywheels allowed
.40 over allowed, pistons have no restrictions other than 12.0 to 1 compression ratio
Driveshafts are open
Just to start....

Lets not hurt ITR to allow a few rockets in. The philosohpy should be simple (and I think it is, this just slipped by because Atlanta does it). IT cars are the #1 PRIORITY. Fill how you must - but NEVER at the expense of the target audience. SM, Spec E30, etc should have a disclaimer - 'as space permits on a first come first served basis'.

dtanthon
03-14-2009, 06:34 PM
No problem. I'll email Steve and have him remove the STU reference (part 2.4) . Thanks for the comments (Thanks Butch K.!).

I think the E30 cars will be a nice addition to get our fellow drivers from NASA a place in Pro IT to race.

We need program information - please send to [email protected]
We have several spectator events this year.
Drivers information
Sponsor information

Provide your team and driver information for the program -
Team name / website
Driver's name / photo (head shot - TV quality)
Car class / make & model / photo
Crew chief / Crew
Bio - what experience do you have? What goals do you have?
Contact information (SCCA membership number, valid email, primary phone)
Sponsors - website
Videos - any videos that show racing, teamwork, competition, etc...

This will be on the website as well as a hard program for 2009. Expect this to be in print by NJMP in June.

StephenB
03-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Darrell or bob,

I was going to send you an e-mail but figured the more public the better... Their was talk about having windshield banners and other "required" graphics... Is this still the case? If so who and where do we get them. The only thing I see mentioned is 2.6 "the series sponsors decal must be prominently displayed on each side of the vehicle"

Thanks,
Stephen

dtanthon
03-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I've seen the mark up (nice to have the NNJR / NJRRS and Pro-IT office at Driving Impressions, thanks Bob and Steve!) of the windshield banner and the decal cluster for the sides. Looked good on my ITS Mazda. They seem to be doing the final revisions.

Expect Steve and Bob to have an announcement soon.

dj10
03-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Here is a quick preview...

Take an ITR E36 325 and:

Go backward to 8" wheels
New minimum weight of 2700 lbs
Use alternate materials on hood and trunk and other legal ways to lighten to get there
Front splitter allowances in excess of IT
rear wings
Brake upgrade up to 328mm
Any 4 piston calipers
Tranny ratios are FREE
Almost all hardware in the heads are free
Open cams (.60 lift limit)
Fuel injectors are free
Aluminum flywheels allowed
.40 over allowed, pistons have no restrictions other than 12.0 to 1 compression ratio
Driveshafts are open
Just to start....

Lets not hurt ITR to allow a few rockets in. The philosohpy should be simple (and I think it is, this just slipped by because Atlanta does it). IT cars are the #1 PRIORITY. Fill how you must - but NEVER at the expense of the target audience. SM, Spec E30, etc should have a disclaimer - 'as space permits on a first come first served basis'.

You are 100% correct here Andy, not forgeting STU lower ride height, can be seam welded and more attachements to the roll cage. A mediun built STU should cruch any ITR car around.
Someone give me a STU to run and I'll prove it.:cool:

dtanthon
03-16-2009, 12:38 PM
RULES:
Updated - http://www.proitseries.com/images/2009proitrules.pdf (http://www.proitseries.com/images/2009proitrules.pdf)

SPONSOR PACKAGE:
Windshield banner - one of the decals being worked on is the windshield banner. If Team DI Pro-IT Series mandates that you must use of this banner will that conflict with any other contingency program?

Decal Package - This will be a group of decals on a single sheet that will be easily applied to each side of the car. Individual decals will also be available. But a set of sponsor logos will have to appear on the sides of the car in order to get points and prize money.

PROGRAM:
We need program information - please send to [email protected] ([email protected])
We have several spectator events this year.
Drivers information
Sponsor information

Provide your team and driver information for the program -
Team name / website
Driver's name / photo (head shot - TV quality)
Car class / make & model / photo
Crew chief / Crew
Bio - what experience do you have? What goals do you have?
Contact information (SCCA membership number, valid email, primary phone)
Sponsors - website
Videos - any videos that show racing, teamwork, competition, etc...

This will be on the website as well as a hard program for 2009. Expect this to be in print by NJMP in June.

benspeed
03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Team information submitted!