PDA

View Full Version : 88 mazda 13b

gt350
03-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi , i need some help with a 13b motor. The problem is with keeping the engine running for more than 20 seconds . Replaced fuel pump, pressure reg. .When it runs i have 40 psi. of fuel .and then the pressure drops and shuts off . I know it cant be that hard of a problem , but i need more brain power . Thanks for the help. Joe

seckerich
03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Check that the fuel pump relay is getting a signal to turn on. The air flow meter on the 86-88 sends the signal. Check the wires at the pump plug to see if you have power as you push the trap door on the AFM open. . Next check to see if the computer is plugged in tight. Loose connection will flood it and die. Is your Map sensor plugged in and connected to the intake? The early computer is pretty fail safe and just wants AFM, MAP, and CAS to run. Check for spark with a timing light as it is dying to see if it is going away.

Good luck!!

gt350
03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I jumped the plug for the fuel pump and signaled it buy moving the flow meter . it doesnt seem to be loading up , more like no more fuel is being injected . I wil look at all the conector and hopfully find something there . Thanks for the help.