PDA

View Full Version : SP 12 Hour 2009

irondragon
03-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Entries are now being accepted by WDCR for the 2009 12 Hours at The Point Enduro.
New format this year 9 am to 9 pm. Too bad, I liked the night part.
But WDCR wasn't getting enough cars to make it worthwhile, hence the change.
It will still be a good race. But only 9 entries so far - let's get a bigger field!
Bill Miskoe

CRallo
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I say nine to nine sucks!

and 60 cars is not worth it?? how many do they want to cram on that track?!?!

MMiskoe
03-08-2009, 08:10 PM
and 60 cars is not worth it?? how many do they want to cram on that track?!?!

In the past they've only ever had 55 spaces, and if memory serves only ever started 51. Last year I think they started 45 and are concerned that this year entries will be lighter, hence the change in time.

Besides, if you're any good at it, more cars just means more passing and more cars to beat.

Matt

CRallo
03-08-2009, 08:13 PM
In the past they've only ever had 55 spaces, and if memory serves only ever started 51. Last year I think they started 45 and are concerned that this year entries will be lighter, hence the change in time.

Besides, if you're any good at it, more cars just means more passing and more cars to beat.

Matt

sorry, guess i was a lil off on the number...

Knestis
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
We've got a good seat available if anyone wants to come play. We've won ITB a couple of times and do a pretty good job at the long races. A list of past talent is at...

http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti/drivers.php

K

callard
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
GCR rule - 25 cars per mile. Summit is a 2.0 mile track, hence 50 max cars. The DC Region has been been requesting a 5 car waiver for a number of years to accommodate the large interest. With declining entries, they might not need to this year.
Chuck

irondragon
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Racers:
Don't get tangled up over how many cars will run at SP in June at the 12 Hour. Enter!

Matt is right, never had more than about 50 to start and even then it ran well.

SP is a great track - yeah, a couple of places where it can get busy, but plenty of room for all to work it out.

WDCR has run this Enduro for a long time and they do it very well.
But it won't keep happening if they don't get entries.

2009 is a hard year where $$ are concerned,- but if you can find a way to drive the SP 12 Hour you'll get more for your $ there than at 4 or 5 sprint races.

Please support WDCR and this race.

Bill Miskoe (Not even a WDCR member - I'm NER and come each year from NH for this one).

Ken Grammer
05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
We have the Lexus IS300 that we put on the podium for the 13 Hour race at VIR last fall available to be entered in the Summit Point 12 Hours if anyone is looking for a front running ITE car. $5k per seat for four driver, including on-track coverage with a $10k max liability limit. Send an e-mail if you are interested.