PDA

View Full Version : I.T. Fest news and updates

TAC
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone. I have the tentative budget together for 2009. This still has to be approved by the BoD March 17th.

Entry fee's will stay at $325
Single door garage early entry special $50. After early entry $75.
Double door garage will stay at $100.

Mid Ohio is again offering their Test & Tune on Friday evening July 31st for $150. Remember this is an offer from Mid Ohio and their refund policies are different from SCCA's

TAC
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Now I do need to discuss time again this year. As all of you who attended know we did run well past 5 pm both Saturday and Sunday last year. The O.T. is rather expensive, and is based on a per hour charge. So we need to come up with either a plan that,

A. Plans on no cushion Saturday evening and will probably go over and not on Sunday.

B. Plans to finish up with about an 1/2 hour of cushion both days. With 6 race groups, 10 minute turn around between sessions and a 1 hour lunch.

A. 20 Minute qualifying session per group, 22 lap or 40 minute race Saturday.
5:00 pm- 5:30 pm finish.
20 Minute sprint race, 20 lap or 35 minute race Sunday 4:30 pm- 5 pm finish

B. 20 Minute qualifying session per group, 20 lap 35 minute race Saturday
4:30 pm - 5 pm finish.
20 Minute sprint race, 20 lap or 35 minute race Sunday 4:30 pm- 5 pm finish

If someone out there has any other ideas let me know. Just as long as the schedule projects a 5 pm finish on Saturday and 4:30 ish projected finish on Sunday. 1 hour lunch break is mandatory, 10 minute turn around is about the minimum between sessions.

Todd

RacerBill
03-02-2009, 12:32 AM
I would rather see the last champ race on Sunday a little longer than the Saturday race. but the chances of that look like slim to none. With that said, I think that we should consider giving up the 5 minutes of track time on Saturday, in favor of a rational schedule. So, my vote is for B. If you want some more seat time, volunteer to instruct at the PDX on Friday!!!!!

teritanz25
03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I would vote for A.

But I would also like to see a longer race on Sunday. Is there anyway we can cut qualifying on Sunday to 15 minutes instead of 20. If your there on Saturday then not too much is going to change Sunday, plus not everyone use all of the qualifying time anyhow.
Just a thought.

Also, are we planning on running the short course on Sunday?

I do need to say a big Thank You for last years event. I cannot wait until this year. Hopefully it is even bigger than last year! [/COLOR]:eclipsee_steering:

dickita15
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I would vote for A.

But I would also like to see a longer race on Sunday. Is there anyway we can cut qualifying on Sunday to 15 minutes instead of 20. If your there on Saturday then not too much is going to change Sunday, plus not everyone use all of the qualifying time anyhow.
Just a thought.

Also, are we planning on running the short course on Sunday?

I do need to say a big Thank You for last years event. I cannot wait until this year. Hopefully it is even bigger than last year! [/color]:eclipsee_steering:

Remember the qualifying on Sunday morning is a race too. I would vote for B.

TAC
03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Your welcome. I hope for a bigger and better event this year. Thanks for the input so far. I expect its going to be an even split. I could add something radical like half the race groups run 40 minutes/22 laps on Saturday while the other group gets 40 minutes/22 laps on Sunday.

xr4racer
03-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Todd, take a look at the Road Atlanta National schedule that is in a couple of weeks. They are running a national, Pro IT and a Trans AM race. Seems like a big scheduling nightmare especially with quiet time restrictions on Sunday. They have some ideas that maybe you can incorporate and r
run option A and end on time.

matt

TAC
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks Matt, I'll check it out.

Todd

RedMisted
03-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd opt for a shorter day on Sunday. I like to get the heck out and home at a decent hour on the day before a work week. Just my preference.

TAC
04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
The 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular( I.T.FEST) web pages are up and running at http://www.cincyscca.com/2009/ITSpec2009.pdf Could the 2008 I.T. champs please check out the main page to make sure I have your sponsors up right? That would be

ITA- Robert Moser
ITB- Beran Peter
ITC- Vesa Silgren
IT7- Jason Albright
ITR- Allan Haggai
ITS- Kip Van Steenburg

If anyone else has bio's and sponsors to put up let me know.

BTW, the web page is a work in progress so if you see something amiss or have suggestions on what to add let me know.

Todd

924Guy
04-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Might wanna check my steed on your lap record list... ;)

monsterbronco
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
What is the date cutoff for early registration?

TAC
04-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Might wanna check my steed on your lap record list... ;)

Already have on the update coming out tomorrow! Thanks for checking Vaughan.

What is the date cutoff for early registration?

I'm planning on opening registration May 30th. I would say the cut-off will be around June 22th.

Wow only 8 weeks away now.

Todd

TAC
04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Vaughan. I adjusted your 925 back to a 924. I have to check the GLDiv. site. I think it has you listed as a 925. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Any how I added your race video from youtube as well as one from Vesa Silegren of the ITC race where the guys went three wide into 7. And yes they pulled it off.

924Guy
04-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks!

Yeah, I know 3-wide in 7 works just fine; did that in '07! I was the meat in a VW sammich with Albin and an ITC Scirocco, maybe Chuck... LOL
EDIT - I'm thinking of the '07 ARRC, nevermind!

shwah
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Vaughan's video shows us going 3 wide with Beran through madness (sometimes listed as 5 or 8 depending on the track map I find) and the following right hander. Yeah it worked with no tears.

Good times.

TAC
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Vaughan's video shows us going 3 wide with Beran through madness (sometimes listed as 5 or 8 depending on the track map I find) and the following right hander. Yeah it worked with no tears.

Good times.

Most times it doesn't work but when it does its neat to watch. I can honestly tell you that I would have had the yellow flag ready to go as the group went around the corner. :p
But if you trust the guys your racing hard with, its easy to prove theories wrong. That's what makes club racing cool. :023:

924Guy
04-07-2009, 07:57 AM
My wife pointed out a discussion with some of the corner workers at the dinner Saturday... whenever they see a car going for a pass and there's not enough room... 9 times out of 10 there's a Waterford Hills sticker on it! ;)

TAC
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
My wife pointed out a discussion with some of the corner workers at the dinner Saturday... whenever they see a car going for a pass and there's not enough room... 9 times out of 10 there's a Waterford Hills sticker on it! ;)

Hmmm.. I think I did see a Waterford Hills sticker on Matos's car (at St. Petersburg) when he took out Patrick. That was a brutal hit. She almost took out the Corner Station Porta John. :eek:

TAC
04-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks to the hard work of John Whitaker and Tom Lamb, we are now in need of a dedicated Journalist/ reporter for the August 1st-2nd I.T.Fest. Scott Lear with Grassroots Motorsports Magazine ( GRM) would like a 300 word article for the September issue. I know that isn't the biggest assignment in the world but it is going in an a Nationally published magazine. So if any of you know a Journalist major in college, English teacher or other aspiring writer interested in hanging out at the track for the weekend and can have something together and ready to print for a deadline of August 12th, 2009 let me know.

Todd

BTW, other articles about the race will be published in the following magazines.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine: June issue SCCA club racing section.
SportsCar Magazine: July issue in the Great Lakes Division report.

TAC
04-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Mid Ohio is offering a special deal during the I.T.SPEC*tacular weekend.

$75 off Teen and Adult Defensive Driving Schools. These take place in the upper paddock and typically run from 8 am till 3 pm. The day includes use of a Mid Ohio school car, instructor, classroom and use of the skid car. Class size is 17 students and the price is $350. On Sunday August 2nd the school will offer a special Double-Up program where two people can share a school car. Price is $400 and you can use the $75 discount for it also. Use promo Code CRSCCA 09 to receive the $75 discount.
To register go to http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Defensive-Driving-Program/Honda-Teen-Defensive-Driving-Program (http://www.improvedtouring.com/linkthru.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.midohio.com%2fS tore%2fSchool-Courses%2fDefensive-Driving-Program%2fHonda-Teen-Defensive-Driving-Program) and choose from 8/1/09, 8/2/09 or 8/2/09 double up.
Todd C.
Cincinnati Race Chairman

TAC
05-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Attention in the paddock…

It’s back! The 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular and PDX will be held on July 31st - August 2nd, 2009 at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Get your street car out on the track for some hot laps and start the weekend with some PDX fun on Friday July 31st. Your entry fee of $200 includes an instructor, classroom instruction and 80 minutes on track split into 20 minute sessions. Active Military personal that sign up will receive a $25 discount. But that’s not all, PDX drivers who stay and help us out for the weekend will receive a $25 per day reimbursement. Plus you can enjoy a Saturday and Sunday full of fun as we kick off our three race weekend championship featuring over 105 miles at race speed. Invited classes returning for 2009 are : IT7, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITR, ITS, SM, SSM, AS and SRF. This year we would like to also welcome: EP, FP, HP, GTL, STO, STU, and GTA for the first time. Please check out our web site www.cincyscca.com (http://www.cincyscca.com/) for more details as they become available.
Mid Ohio has graciously offered a $75 discount to Cincinnati SCCA members and Friends for their Teen and Adult Defensive Drivers program August 1st and 2nd. This school takes place in the upper paddock during the day. If interested please go to www.Midohioschool.com (http://www.midohioschool.com/) or call 1-877-793-8667.Use promo CRSCCA 09

Camping is free so bring the family . Volunteers for the weekend will receive a volunteer gift, lunch Saturday and Sunday plus dinner and party Saturday night. If interested in volunteering please contact Race Chairman Todd Cholmondeley at [email protected]

TAC
05-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I.T./SPEC*Tacular Hoosier Tire Giveaway
For each day of the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular, Hoosier Tire Midwest will be holding a drawing for a free Hoosier Racing Tire. The drawing will be from all entrants. You will receive one entry for each tire purchased from Hoosier Tire Midwest during the IT/SPEC*tacular.

Rules:
1. One entry per tire purchased during the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular.
2. Drawings will be held on Saturday during the Worker/Driver/Sponsor Party, and on Sunday at 1:00 at the Hoosier Tire Midwest Trailer.
3. Saturday’s winning entry will be removed for the Sunday drawing.
4. Winners will be posted at the Hoosier Tire Midwest trailer and at Driver’s Information.
5. Winners will receive One Free Tire Certificate redeemable with Hoosier Tire Midwest.

iambhooper
05-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm thinking of racing somewhere this summer. What's the weather typically like that time of year? Is a cool suit recomended?

hoop

TAC
05-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm thinking of racing somewhere this summer. What's the weather typically like that time of year? Is a cool suit recomended?

hoop

Glad to hear your considering coming!

The usual is Mid 80's - lower 90's and humid. But to counter that there is always a breeze blowing. Very few times have I been to Mid Ohio where the air isn't moving, which makes the evenings comfortable. For those of us who were at last years race...... 70's on Saturday and upper 40's- lower 50's degrees to start Sunday morning. Not typical, but doable for Mid Ohio. I had fun watching one of Vaughan Scott's video's on youtube and seeing everyone in heavy jackets.

Hope that helps.

Todd

TAC
06-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone,

The Listing for the I.T.Spec*tacular is turned on so you can see it. www.motorsportsreg.com for all the details. Go to Event Types and pick " Club Race" type. All club listing should appear. Look for Cincinnati SCCA July 31-Aug 2nd.

Have a great day,

Todd

ITA_honda
06-16-2009, 08:07 AM
just sent in my entry form. Woo hoo!
cant wait!:happy204:

TAC
06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
just sent in my entry form. Woo hoo!
cant wait!:happy204:

Your now officially entered and Posted on motorsportsreg.com