PDA

View Full Version : IT Board

Mctpe1958
02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
I have a question for an IT Board member. please call me at 516 840 6764

lateapex911
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
If you mean the Improved Touring Advisory Board, we prefer if you write to us at [email protected].

This way your question/request can be logged, and responded to properly.

If the question is a more casual nature, post it here, and several of us who post here can offer commentary.

Or, if it's for the webmaster here, well, that's not my department, LOL.

Knestis
03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
I'll elaborate on what Jake has provided, if I might? The board can really only act on requests to DO something (e.g., change a rule, add a car to the ITCS). They ask the ITAC to consider and recommend actions on anything IT, so we kind of need the same thing.

If you are looking for a "what does the rule mean?" kind of answer, or want an interpretation re: the legality of a particular part/change/etc., the board/ITAC are not really equipped to answer that type of question.

K

StephenB
03-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Instead of writing to anyone in SCCA about legality to find out if your interpretation on whether something is legal or not you have to do it. Then have a friend protest you, then after it is decided at that particular event with those particular stewards if it is legal or not you need to have the party that the decision was made against appeal the ruling so that it is a appeal/ruling that ends up in Sportscar that you can take to any track with any Stewards. Yup that is a run-on sentence for a run-on system...

Other than that you can interpret it your way and if you honestly feel it is a legal interpretation stick to your gut feeling and do it. If you can't honestly think that it is legal interpretation than again stick with your gut and don't do it!

Stephen

JoshS
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Instead of writing to anyone in SCCA about legality to find out if your interpretation on whether something is legal or not you have to do it. Then have a friend protest you, then after it is decided at that particular event with those particular stewards if it is legal or not you need to have the party that the decision was made against appeal the ruling so that it is a appeal/ruling that ends up in Sportscar that you can take to any track with any Stewards. Yup that is a run-on sentence for a run-on system...

Not true. The procedure is in the GCR.

8.1.4. Rules Interpretation

To obtain a determination on the legality of a vehicle or component
without filing a formal protest, a member may request such a ruling from
the Club Racing Office. The Chairman of the Stewards program will then
convene a first court. The protest and appeal procedures described in
section 8.3 and 8.4 apply except that penalties or penalty points will not
be assessed in the event of a negative ruling.

Each court (first and appeals, as applicable) will consult the Club Racing
Board for expert technical testimony. After receiving the decision of the
first court, the member may do one of the following:
• Request court of appeals review, and provide additional evidence to
the court of appeals, if desired.
• Withdraw a request for court of appeals review, if previously made

A non-compliant ruling will be published; a compliant ruling will not be
published.

The fees for this service are as follows:
• First Court $125
• Appeals Court $175
A portion of these fees may be refundable at the discretion of either or