PDA

View Full Version : Is ECR a secret club?

Florida Fiesta
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I cannot find any info on "ECR" for 2009 with the exception of the scheduled events for the SEDIV.

Is a rules page available?
do you have to pay to regeister for the series?
Special stickers needed?

pballance
02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
See this link:
http://www.sedivecr.com/

It is on the Sediv page but kinda hard to see.

GKR_17
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I cannot find any info on "ECR" for 2009 with the exception of the scheduled events for the SEDIV.

Is a rules page available?
do you have to pay to regeister for the series?
Special stickers needed?

The web site hasn't been updated for 2009 yet, but I don't expect any significant changes from the 2008 rules. Hopefully there will be some clarification on how points are assigned (only one driver per team gets points). In last year's version you had to be very careful with registration to have the results printed right if you had multiple drivers. As of 2008 there is was no registration fee, you're automatically eligible for the season championship after three events. You will need stickers, but can hopefully pick them up at the first race you attend. First event at VIR (a double!) in just over two weeks. Join the club, the less secret the better!

Grafton
ITR #79

Cobrar05
02-20-2009, 02:20 PM
i will post quickly to remind the ECR that there are ITO endurance cars that are looking for races. We are allowed to race at Road Atlanta and VIR. We would love to be allowed to race ECR.

With the economy going where it is, why turn down entries?

Flyinglizard
02-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Make sure that you print out the supps from the web... after you find it.
I went to tech @ sebring and asked for the pit transit time and was told to check the supps. "OK, May I have the supps??"
" No They are online only" Nice job.
Mike Ogren

krysdean
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Pit transit times are listed in the rules on the SEDIVECR site:

http://sedivecr.com/

There are four (4) pages of ECR rules and if you intend to race ECR you should print them out, READ them and keep them with you. Pit transit times are a part of the ECR rules and as such would not be included in the supps, but if you registered, the supps are included in the registration forms and you ABSOLUTELY should have a copy and READ them.

I am the ECR Chief Steward(South) and I normally have a drivers meeting, and I know Dave does the same in the North and one of the things we both cover is the pit transit time, so if you are racing ECR you should attend the drivers meeting also, beyond that I am always available to answer questions.

The long and the short of it is that there is no lack of information available if you are really interested in finding it. There are no major changes to the 2009 rules package and there are no registration fees, the Regions pay a small fee per car that is included in the event registration fee.

My e-mail is avaiable on the ECR web site and I am on this forum on a fairly regular basis, I will be happy to answer any questions I can and find answers to those I cant.

Krys Dean

Flyinglizard
03-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Maybe, you could have some copies of the supps at reg, in the future??
TIA,
Is there a cash points fund??
MM

RX3
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
There is not a cash points fund.

And yes supps are at registration not tech

And remenber that you stated that you have read the supp before you get to registration

krysdean
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
That is correct, there is no longer a cash fund or a cash payout, ECR is now modeled after the SARRC series, hopefully we will be able to have an "ECR Runoffs" at the end of the season.

It was pretty surprising to me when we realized how few people were actually running for the cash, most drivers were competing simply because they love to do endurance racing, but in the long run, not having a cash fund keeps the cost of racing down for everyone. Speaking of keeping the cost of racing down, if the Region had to print a couple hundred extra copies of the supps to leave at Tech, the cost of racing would have to go up to cover it, It is pretty simple to just print them out when you register on DLB, download them from the web site or ask for them at registration.

Krys

Flyinglizard
03-15-2009, 11:01 PM
The supps were not at reg. none on site. What happens in a protest??
I accept the easy thing to do is have the supps online. A few onsite seems like a good idea, IMHO.
Thanks for the answer. I cant afford the tires to run any anyway:>
Maybe get Goodyear to start paying, for the IT cars running the SRF tires. I'll bring two cars than. MM