PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Testing @ IT fest

ITA_honda
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
2009 being my first time to compete at the IT fest, I have a question.
I know on IT cars you should have a fuel port for testing. It always says in the supps that there will be random fuel testing. Not once this past year was I tested (even though I finished in the top 3 quite often)

But I have heard that the IT fest usually does fuel testing every year at impound. Is it usually the top 3 or 5 or is it the whole field?:shrug:

quadzjr
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
It is random.. This year we weren't tested for fuel, however we were required to show the fuel port and hose at Daytona.

gran racing
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
I had my fuel tested the year before. Why not just be prepared for it to happen? If you don't already have a fuel port, it's cheap to make or buy. No reason not to do it and have one less thing to worry about. Oh yeah, using legal fuel helps too.

joeg
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
The only time I was fuel tested, I volunteered for it.

You need the test port to get an annual...

R2 Racing
02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
In my nine seasons of IT racing, I have yet to ever be asked for a fuel sample. But I've got that sample port, damn right!

ITA_honda
02-20-2009, 12:25 PM
:blink:
I had my fuel tested the year before. Why not just be prepared for it to happen? If you don't already have a fuel port, it's cheap to make or buy. No reason not to do it and have one less thing to worry about. Oh yeah, using legal fuel helps too.

haha. trust me, I use legal fuel. my internals of the engine are totally stock. dont wanna burn the car up! lol:blink:

ITA_honda
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
In my nine seasons of IT racing, I have yet to ever be asked for a fuel sample. But I've got that sample port, damn right!

DAMN STRAIGHT! lmao.
I remember I met you at the October OVR race in 08 at M-O. I had the red civic hatch
(and you were about a straightaway from lapping me on Saturday LOL!)
each time I was halfway down the backstraight, I saw you coming outta turn 1....:blink:

Rabbit07
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
How did you get an annual without a sample port? I have never had an annual where I wasn't asked to show the sample port on the car?