PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour March 28 & 29

brprok81
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Registration is open for St. Louis Region's Regional/National/IT Tour at Gateway on March 28 & 29. To register go to http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=3747&return=/clubs/stlscca/clubrace.aspx%3fEventID%3d3747

Turkflyer
02-17-2009, 11:32 PM
It was nice of you guys to invite the IT crowd.

buldogge
02-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey Bryan... I have no plans to do so this race weekend...BUT...it might be a good idea to separate the IT group and the STU group by a couple sessions to allow for double dipping by IT cars. If group 2 and 3 were swapped at a minimum it could work.

Just an idea...

Speed Raycer
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Good idea Mark! I know of a certain Bud/Bud Light team that are planning on double dipping.

Dunno if I'll be running or not. Budget took a big hit 2 weeks ago.

SLUF
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I know of a certain STU driver already requesting a move to the (GASP!!!) SM/SS/T2-3 group 4!

brprok81
02-18-2009, 06:45 PM
It was nice of you guys to invite the IT crowd.

I personally believe that the regions that are doing these double nationals with no IT Tour are making a mistake. The IT group has always been one of, if not the, biggest groups we have at our races. This is a very large group of racers that we need to cater to

Hey Bryan... I have no plans to do so this race weekend...BUT...it might be a good idea to separate the IT group and the STU group by a couple sessions to allow for double dipping by IT cars. If group 2 and 3 were swapped at a minimum it could work.

Just an idea...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will plan on requesting a rearrangement of the groups for future races. As Bud has stated he has already requested that STU be moved to a different group for this weekend. This is a change that the chief steward would have to make at this point and it would probably not be done until the weekend is much closer and only with the approval of all STU drivers.

SLUF
02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Just to get on my soapbox for a moment or two..............................................

STU is a much better fit speedwise with the SM/SS/T2/T3 groups than mixing it up with GT1 and GT2 cars in equal states of prep. I was a little shocked when I saw the initial groupings on the MIDIV site but they are what they are. I know there will be a few kinks to work out in this experiment and I do not mind being part of it. I know my request may get shot down and if so, I at least asked instead of bitched about it. I'll be there no matter what group I have to run with! Thanks to race chairman and volunteers like Bryon I'll have a place to play.

And there is a small possibility I may double-double dip by running a yet to be named car in the IT group! May as well get all my licensing requirements done in a single weekend.

buldogge
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
At the October race at Gateway we (ITS/ITR/ITE) always run with the GT cars...not a big deal if the numbers are low/regional race...bigger deal at a "national" race for sure.

Just to get on my soapbox for a moment or two..............................................

STU is a much better fit speedwise with the SM/SS/T2/T3 groups than mixing it up with GT1 and GT2 cars in equal states of prep. I was a little shocked when I saw the initial groupings on the MIDIV site but they are what they are. I know there will be a few kinks to work out in this experiment and I do not mind being part of it. I know my request may get shot down and if so, I at least asked instead of bitched about it. I'll be there no matter what group I have to run with! Thanks to race chairman and volunteers like Bryon I'll have a place to play.

And there is a small possibility I may double-double dip by running a yet to be named car in the IT group! May as well get all my licensing requirements done in a single weekend.

SLUF
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Just in case I don't get moved out of group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 AS John Lechner White/Blue1994FordMustang Sponsored by: Hoosier Tire
5 T1 Natha Waldbaum Red2002ChevroletCorvette ZO6 Sponsored by: Gregg Young Chevrolet/C&S Dyno/VETTESPORT/Corvette Recyclers
28 GT2 Bill Allman Purple/Yellow1995MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Car Star/MAZDASPEED
34 EP Jesse Prather White/Red1994MazdaMiata Sponsored by: Prather Racing / Moss Motors / Carbotech
38 STO Barry Vincion yellow1996chevroletcorvette Sponsored by: VINCION MOTORSPORTS/ VETTESPORT /STABLE IMAGING
39 EP Jud Scott blue1988Porsche944S Sponsored by: SCOTT CPA
41 GT1 Michael Major Red/white2000ChevroletCamaro
74 EP Kevin Grant yellow1996mazdamiata Sponsored by: Fox Racing
98 T1 Jim Lynch Black2005DodgeViper Sponsored by: Lynch Hummer/ Adventure Performance
0 STU Bud Scott White1985MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Scott Aerospace Technologies

mustanghammer
03-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Just in case I don't get moved out of group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 AS John Lechner White/Blue1994FordMustang Sponsored by: Hoosier Tire
5 T1 Natha Waldbaum Red2002ChevroletCorvette ZO6 Sponsored by: Gregg Young Chevrolet/C&S Dyno/VETTESPORT/Corvette Recyclers
28 GT2 Bill Allman Purple/Yellow1995MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Car Star/MAZDASPEED
34 EP Jesse Prather White/Red1994MazdaMiata Sponsored by: Prather Racing / Moss Motors / Carbotech
38 STO Barry Vincion yellow1996chevroletcorvette Sponsored by: VINCION MOTORSPORTS/ VETTESPORT /STABLE IMAGING
39 EP Jud Scott blue1988Porsche944S Sponsored by: SCOTT CPA
41 GT1 Michael Major Red/white2000ChevroletCamaro
74 EP Kevin Grant yellow1996mazdamiata Sponsored by: Fox Racing
98 T1 Jim Lynch Black2005DodgeViper Sponsored by: Lynch Hummer/ Adventure Performance
0 STU Bud Scott White1985MazdaRX-7 Sponsored by: Scott Aerospace Technologies

Keep an eye out for Blue Flags!

Yea....thats the problem with STU - it is in the big bore group. I'd like to see it in the SM- SSS-T3 group. STU would fit better there because of the DOT tires they run. There is a fairely serious STU Lexus in Midiv - he was as fast as a mid pack EP car at Hallet. Need to get more cars in the class to get some leverage.

SLUF
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
To their credit, the STL race organizers are making the effort to accommodate my request. They have also taken steps to get the groups sorted for future races to help out us "slow double dippers" get some more racing in for the same weekend.

brprok81
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Two weeks til race and only 8 IT's registered. Who else is coming?

SLUF
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Just passing along how the event officials are treating our request for our STU group move. ALL the race officials have been very accommodating and understanding of the reasons behind the request and are jumping through hoops to help out. I just got off the phone with the chief steward and he had a good chuckle at which vehicle I had actually entered and its placement in the big bore GT class of all things. Just kudos and thanks to all the STL race officials for helping us IT double dippers out!

brprok81
03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Just passing along how the event officials are treating our request for our STU group move. ALL the race officials have been very accommodating and understanding of the reasons behind the request and are jumping through hoops to help out. I just got off the phone with the chief steward and he had a good chuckle at which vehicle I had actually entered and its placement in the big bore GT class of all things. Just kudos and thanks to all the STL race officials for helping us IT double dippers out!

If it means we can get another entry you would be suprised what we will do :D

Only 14 IT's registered. Who else is coming?

buldogge
03-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll be there, even though there is not a single ITS car registered! :(

pballance
03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll be there, even though there is not a single ITS car registered! :(

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping to come up and try to recruit some of you guys to drive down for the Heart of Dixie at Nashville in June. I am only mid pack fodder with the guys in Sediv so I thought I might see some other tracks as I develop the car.

Work got in the way and I just don't feel like driving from the Mobile to Huntsville, changing trucks and driving on to St. Louis on Friday.

Not to mention I keep hearing rumors that the previous owner of my car was involved in some type of "racing incident" many years ago at Gateway.

Have a fun, safe weekend. Hopefully the rain will be out of there for the weekend.

Gary L
03-25-2009, 01:21 AM
If it means we can get another entry you would be suprised what we will do :D

Only 14 IT's registered. Who else is coming?
The following answers your question, but is indeed somewhat editorial. :)

I would loved to have run this race, but I refuse to be abused while entertaining my hobby, and back-to-back IT Tour weekends is abuse, IMO. Sorry - I had to make a choice, and St. Louis lost to Hallett based on towing distance if nothing else.

buldogge
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't know about abuse...but...I agree with Gary that back to back weekends is hard. I'm the flip side of the coin and choose (obviously) GIR, given the 10mile drive and all.

I haven't been to Hallett in like 5 years now...bummer.

I would loved to have run this race, but I refuse to be abused while entertaining my hobby, and back-to-back IT Tour weekends is abuse, IMO. Sorry - I had to make a choice, and St. Louis lost to Hallett based on towing distance if nothing else.

buldogge
03-25-2009, 10:07 AM
That's too bad...Would have loved to see a fresh face.

I'm sure you could have run well with us Midwest hacks.

No offense to Nashville...but...the track kinda sucks (especially driving for a no points race). I lost a motor mount/front subframe and tranny mounts (both!) and tranny crossmember on their new curbing 2 years ago.

While I finished the race(s) and had fun in the field of fast SEDiv cars, I don't see myself rushing back.

BTW...I'm the Eastern most situated ITS driver (that's not in Memphis/Mid-South if any of them are still racing) in the MiDiv FWIW.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping to come up and try to recruit some of you guys to drive down for the Heart of Dixie at Nashville in June. I am only mid pack fodder with the guys in Sediv so I thought I might see some other tracks as I develop the car.

Work got in the way and I just don't feel like driving from the Mobile to Huntsville, changing trucks and driving on to St. Louis on Friday.

Not to mention I keep hearing rumors that the previous owner of my car was involved in some type of "racing incident" many years ago at Gateway.

Have a fun, safe weekend. Hopefully the rain will be out of there for the weekend.

brprok81
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM

Sorry you are not going to make it Gary. I fully understand the difficulty of back to back weekends. It is tough to do these races as a worker and I know it is even harder for drivers. When we made the schedule we tried to avoid these situations but unfortunately it did not work out. The division seems to be making strides in spreading the races out over the course of the season but it is obvious we still have some work to do for next years schedule.

tnord
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Sorry you are not going to make it Gary. I fully understand the difficulty of back to back weekends. It is tough to do these races as a worker and I know it is even harder for drivers. When we made the schedule we tried to avoid these situations but unfortunately it did not work out. The division seems to be making strides in spreading the races out over the course of the season but it is obvious we still have some work to do for next years schedule.

i completely agree that the schedule is 10x improved in this regard, and i think it will make for a more successful season in terms of the bottom line.

just to throw out another likely unpopular idea, i think we should eliminate the IT tour and make all regional races count towards Mid-Am.

Speed Raycer
03-25-2009, 05:14 PM
i think we should eliminate the IT tour and make all regional races count towards Mid-Am

What would that do to racing on Sundays for us IT guys? I thought that the Tour was what allowed us to run on the same day the "real" races were going on ;)

tnord
03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
What would that do to racing on Sundays for us IT guys? I thought that the Tour was what allowed us to run on the same day the "real" races were going on ;)

now that i think about it, there are some challenges with anyone who runs in a national class but only wishes to compete on a regional level.

i just REALLY hate that we have two regional "series" which in many cases amount to nothing but an attendance contest.

Gary L
03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
i just REALLY hate that we have two regional "series" which in many cases amount to nothing but an attendance contest.
I tend to agree. To add to the issue, an attendance contest in MidDiv is actually a towing contest, at least for me. I get two IT Tour events at Hallett which is only a 2 hour tow, one way. But WRT the other IT Tour races, I'm looking at 8 to 10 hour tows for every other event on the schedule.

pballance
03-25-2009, 08:05 PM
That's too bad...Would have loved to see a fresh face.

I'm sure you could have run well with us Midwest hacks.

No offense to Nashville...but...the track kinda sucks (especially driving for a no points race). I lost a motor mount/front subframe and tranny mounts (both!) and tranny crossmember on their new curbing 2 years ago.

While I finished the race(s) and had fun in the field of fast SEDiv cars, I don't see myself rushing back.

BTW...I'm the Eastern most situated ITS driver (that's not in Memphis/Mid-South if any of them are still racing) in the MiDiv FWIW.

Hey Mark, Thanks for the invite. You may still see me sometime this year. :)

Several of us involved with the NSS race have talked about trying to do another "joint" points race for each division. Like it was done in '07 I think. We thought it might help out the Middiv "Eastern" guys especially since Memphis is still building their worker pool.

NSS can be bad if you push the envelope just a little too much :) . I only drug one brake duct off last year when I clipped the strips getting on to the back straight. I would love to see some of you ITS guys come to NSS. Bill D from Memphis lost an apex seal last year and didn't run on Sunday. Randy Shedd and I had fun starting DFL in the run group and then getting to run to the front last year. :)

FireballPhil
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Paul, I personally enjoyed working with the SE guys for the dual points race at NSS in '07. I was able to win the MidAm GTL championship. The reason why it didn't happen the next year was that NSS wanted to change the date and that date was on top of an HPT date and I was not going to conflict with them like that. As of right now, we here in Memphis are having an extremely difficult time building the worker pool. I don't expect that we will have any races at all this year unless we can come up with a worker miracle of some sort. I would very much like to work with NSS again. BTW, Bill D. sold his car last fall and I don't know what he is going to do now. My whole intent was to the eastern part of the Midiv another place to race that wasn't such a far tow. The attendance was somewhat low but I believe that we could have built on it. If my car is ready I will be there this June also.

buldogge
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Any chance of doing a joint venture at Memphis instead of Nashville? If Phil could draw from a SE worker pool as well perhaps it could work. Also, it would make for some nice competition with the SE guys. Randy and AL Murdock usually come to Memphis...would be nice to have some thicker fields.

ps...Travis and Gary...I agree 100%...In fact, I have decided (much like the last few years) not to take part in an attendance championship. While I am signed up for GIR (8 miles/practice/home track/etc.) I will not attend any MiDiv races (away from GIR) that do not have at least a few ITS entries. Unfortunately, that makes me part of the problem in the end...its a cyclical issue.

pballance
03-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Paul, I personally enjoyed working with the SE guys for the dual points race at NSS in '07. I was able to win the MidAm GTL championship. The reason why it didn't happen the next year was that NSS wanted to change the date and that date was on top of an HPT date and I was not going to conflict with them like that. As of right now, we here in Memphis are having an extremely difficult time building the worker pool. I don't expect that we will have any races at all this year unless we can come up with a worker miracle of some sort. I would very much like to work with NSS again. BTW, Bill D. sold his car last fall and I don't know what he is going to do now. My whole intent was to the eastern part of the Midiv another place to race that wasn't such a far tow. The attendance was somewhat low but I believe that we could have built on it. If my car is ready I will be there this June also.

Phil, I will talk with the Race Chair and RE's in the next few days. I am traveling today but will follow up. Do you know if there is a conflicting Middiv race on June 27-28? BTW this year NSS includes a test day on Friday and they have improved the curbing since the last combined race there. Transition from the front straight can still be rough if you go too deep.

Memphis is high on my list of places to race this year.

tnord
03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Memphis is high on my list of places to race this year.

i have to ask.....why? proximity?

IPRESS
03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Here is my opinion (which everybody has):
Memphis is a fun track and usually doesn't see a lot of car-nage. If you pay attention to entry into "Grant's Tomb" you are ok and the rest of the track has runoff area. So in the grand scheme of things it is what I call a pretty safe venue. It is not RAtlanta or RAmerica..or even Texas World, but it does have some good things going for it.
1. It is pretty easy to get up to decent speed in a short time.
2. The paddock area is paved and close to everything.
3. The officals are some of the friendliest in club racing.
4. Always great BBQ is served at the worker / racer party.
5. Easy access to and from roads out of town without being right on a freeway.
6. From Grant's Tomb down the dragstrip thru the Carrousel to the Ms is a fun series of straights and turns. The 90s offer a late brake zone, and the guys who nail the Tomb entry usually win.
7. Tech is done pretty well and I don't remember a bunch of controversy coming up.
8. BBQ is very good (OH Sorry for the repeat)
9. Registration is very fast compared to some SCCA venues.
10. Running a bunch of different lines thru the Carrousel is possible, and very likely so you get some racy racing going on there. (Huge amount of runoff so folks will go hard thru that section of the track and it is fun.)

No Memphis is not Laguna Seca, but it is a place that you can usually have a fun / EASY weekend and come away with very little body work needed. It's a good 8 hour tow, but I go just about every time they race if I can. (I think it is the BBQ that traps me!)

pballance
03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
i have to ask.....why? proximity?

Yup, you hit the nail on the head. Roughly 3.5 hours for me. Sure, its not a RA, MO, Barber, <insert track> but it is close by and until I develop the driver and car some more, cheap seat time is more important than difficult challenging tracks. I have heard nothing but good things about Memphis and the people and have had some fun with some of them on track.

For me close cheap seat time is more important than chasing a series points win. That may change with time but I can be at these tracks in 2- 4 hours. NSS, Memphis, Barber, and RA. 2.5 hours more gives me Gateway, 8 hours gives me RR, CMP, and MO. Not being critical but in Sediv there are so many tracks and events that chasing points is as much an endurance series as anything else. Show up, finish and do resonably well since there is PLENTY of fast guys in ITS around Sediv.

I also believe that if region "A" hosting a race wants drivers from Region "B" to attend the race the region "A" drivers should attend races at Region "B's" track, even if that means crossing divisional lines. Yeah, I could drive HSR, SVRA, or Nasa and never travel farther than Barber or RA and have plenty of seat time. I choose to race SCCA and if I can hit close races and Time trials then I will.

Mac and Travis, I will supply the beverage when I make it to Memphis. Mac, I have heard good things about you from Spike. Both of his sons completed the Roebling school in your old car and it never skipped a beat. They live about 2 miles from me.

Turkflyer
03-26-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm probably nuts, but I'm going to try to make both weekends. I'll miss seeing Gary in STL...always good to race with. We can dice with each other in Hallett. 1/3 of my yearly races are in the next two weekends. Couldn't come at a worse time with calves hitting the ground right now...and nasty weather.

IPRESS
03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
You know as old as you are, you should hire someone to mess with those cows and calves.:lol:

Turkflyer
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Mac...you're the one I'll REALLY miss. Today my cows reminded me of you...they ran faster than I did...and ran where they weren't supposed to. And ran into things! Hope to see you soon!

tnord
03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
paul -

i figured proximity was it, and i think proximity is the most important thing for everyone without an unlimited budget these days. i know it sure is for me. i've heard nothing but good things about the folks in memphis as well, but it's just not worth it for me to make a 10+ hour tow to there from KC. if i'm going to drive that far, i'm going to road america. :)

IPRESS
03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
OK you get a pass!:happy204: I don't blame anyone that wants to avoid long tows. My situation is different in that I am trying to run out of money at the same time I go bye bye. So after checking my account I find out Drago is trying to kill me off quicker with those high prep rates!:D

See you at Hallett if you come or maybe HPT.
Say Cowpuncher, are you going to Hallett?

Turkflyer
03-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Sure...come on to Hallett. I'll see you there!

SLUF
03-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Quick report with details to follow.

A POS-7 double class win for the Scott Team, Trey in IT7 and me in STU. Conditions were pretty pathetic especially for Trey's IT race.

IPRESS
03-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Has it snowed up there yet? I got a text saying: "rain, rain, rain, with snow predicted, I LOVE RACING":mad:
Gateway in the rain is such a fun place!!!!!

tnord
03-28-2009, 08:17 PM
8'' of snow in KC today. i think it's supposed to show up in STL overnight/in the morning.

have fun with THAT.

brprok81
03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Has not started snowing...yet. Not sure how much we will have when we wake up, the latest prediction I saw was 2-4". We have full intentions of running tomorrow. The snow is supposed to be done by 5:00am. It was all rain and cold today, not the way you imagine a day at the race track. Why didn't we have this race last weekend, it was 60's and sunny. Oh well, nothing you can do about the weather. Results from today are on mylaps http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=397134

brprok81
03-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Results from today are up on mylaps. We woke up to 1-2" of snow on the grass and cars, pavement was just wet in most places. Morning sessions were run on wet track, sun came out at lunch and the afternoon was the best the weather was all weekend, it was still cool and windy but dry. Thanks to everybody who came out and braved the weather. Hope you all had a good time despite mother nature.

SLUF
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Saturday, damn it was cold and wet! No problem with tire choice for sure. Trey went out for qualifying and stayed out of trouble. Safely done with no off track excursions. We did a hot pit driver change as the event stewards wanted Pete and I to go out in the big bore field to get times before we moved to the small bore group. At this point I wasn't too worried since I kinda like the wet nasty stuff. Pete and I went out with a few T1 Corvettes, a GT2 Panoz, an EP Porsche 944, and an EP Miata. Surprisingly the Panoz was holding me up! I also managed to lap one of the Corvettes as well in the wet! I got around the Panoz and he wised up. He followed me for a few laps to find the rain line and ended up going a tenth or two quicker while drafting me. As usual this was about my only shining moment of the weekend. Pete had all kinds of problem due to no real rain tires but managed to not hit anything during his 1, 2, 3, 4, 5................. well, a bunch of spins.

Trey's Saturday race was a complete and total mess. The rain started for real during the first few laps. Trey did a great job being smooth and improved from a starting position of 7th to 6th overall. Mark was also tire challenged and motored around for just a finish. I really can't describe how miserable it was for this race!

With Pete and I now moved to group 4 we started with the small bore SM/T2/SS field. I was extremely nervous as the track was drying out somewhat. We stayed on wets just in case it started a deluge again. I drove smooth staying out of trouble. With the conditions being better a few of the Miatas got by me before lap 8. Then it started to rain again. Things stayed pretty much the same. I finished 9th overall and learned about drafting and being drafted in the wet at 100 plus! Lots of fun BTW. Pete stayed on track for the most part and finished 11th overall.

Now for some good things. We have brakes! We have some torque and horsepower!

Sunday, damn it was cold and wet and SNOW!!!!!!! WTF tires do we use for that? I still think Blizzaks would have worked!

Trey went out first on wets for his qualifying session. He stayed smooth but the track was improving by leaps and bounds. After he came in we made the decision to switch to full tread drys for my qualifying run. I went out and found out we had made the correct call. The track was still extremely cold and damp with running water in some places but the dry line was developing in others. Pete stayed out of trouble and did not hit anything so all was well there.

Trey's Sunday race may be the turning point in his auto racing career. He started 8th overall in a ten car field. His starting position was dirctly behing Mark in his 325i. I watched and figured Trey would follow Mark at the green flag. Boy was I wrong!!!! Trey made his move at the perfect time. As the flag flew Mark drifted inside. A hole opened up and Trey jumped in. Trey passed two other cars as he crossed start/finish!!!! At the exit of two he was in SECOND and chasing down Chris Albin! Trey drove without fear or stupidity (unlike dad!) and finished 4th overall. He, Mark (325i), Chris (VW Golf), and Nadeem (Spec Miata) were dicing the entire race. The track started to dry out and Mark was finally able to put down some Bimmer power. At lap 13 he moved past Trey and Chris. Then he proceeded to run down the Miata. One lap short of an overall win was Mark. My son did a fantastic job dicing with Chris Albin for five straight laps before Chris got around him for good at lap 18. Trey was fourth overall and had his second class win of the weekend. Good boy!

Bud's Sunday race.
Nothing to report here.
Oh, wait!!!

Stupidity and bad driving. I finished and didn't hit anyone.

Considering the weather we had a great weekend. The car gets better and better each time out. I keep getting worse and worse each time out. Trey is close to being ready for a next step up in car speed and prep. Lots of fun in the wet!

SLUF
03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Now I must confess a few things and apologize to the Honda community in general.

In my run group were two Civic Si's. They were both well driven if a little slow. During my race on Sunday I was beginning a pass on one of them in the oval after my starting debacle. I drew up to his bumper and pulled inside to pass. As I began my move I saw the VTEC sticker on the back of the car. As the POS-7 moved to pass him I said to no none in particular, "VTEC on!". With those words the POS-7 motored on by for the pass.

I think I understand why Trey does not want a radio setup in the car! I think I would be making a running commentary the entire time especially if I was driving bad.

I had a similar moment during Saturday's race at turn 7 with a line from one of my favorite movies, Young Frankenstein. As most of you know the weather was atrocious. Turn 7 at GIR in the wet is just like ice in any type of moisture. I found myself picturing Frau Blucher leading them up the staircase with the candles in her hand. If you recall she said, "The stairway can be treacherous". I just cracked myself up each lap through there as the car was sliding saying that out loud and in my head!!!!!!

No wonder I'm at the back of the field, I'm just laughing too much!