PDA

View Full Version : Miata ITA Prep

kgobey
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I have a '90 Miata that I have owned for almost 20 years now :)

I am going to put it into ITA. Can anyone link me to the GCR? I have 13 years of catching up to do on the rules since the days I ran my Rx7 in ITA. :D

BTW if you're so inclined, you can summarize thirteen years of changes into a post my Wife would appreciate the time spent with her instead. LOL

Gregg
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
http://scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=44

loudes13
02-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I suspect the 1.8L is the better ITA car.

btw lil blu is up for sale...

kgobey
03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Allen,

The point is to compete, if I can win something I will, if I can't I won't. It's not like 1995 anymore, the fields aren't 20 ITA cars strong anymore.

Still, you will know for sure I'll bitch when I get beat by a 1.8 in an "unfair fight" hahaha, double standards sometimes come back and bite yah!.

I just wanna race again to be honest. It's been since 1996 man. :blink:

thanks Greg,

This is new since my day: Coil over threaded body shock/struts are permitted.

ddewhurst
03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
If you want to race 20 car groups why not do a Spec Miata. Theres always a race at the front at the middle & at the rear.:eclipsee_steering: Also not near as many rules to be concerned about. Or should I say not near as many alterations are allowed as in IT.

Scooter
03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes, exactly. If it were me I would just pick up the Spec Miata stuff to start with. You can always go from there to ITA pretty easily if you wanted.

racingralph
03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
check with mike @ isc , he has had some very fast miatas , both in ita & its. he will tell you what you need , at lest a real good place to start. listen !! ralph

tnord
03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
you can get way better stuff for the same money as the SM stuff if you're inclined to do some research.

lateapex911
03-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Regarding ITA field size, I see you're from Irvine. I used to live in Newport Beach. I don't know much about the current state of Club racing in SoCal, but the last time I was in NorCal I hit Sears point for a Regional, and the ITA run group was massive. Mostly double dipping SMs, but a bunch of 1st gen RX-7s and I'm told there are others who run. (I know, it's a bit of a tow for you, but the tracks are pretty cool.)

kgobey
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the responses guys... But with the 1.6 I am not interested in SM. Anyway SM is not for me to be honest.

ITA is great, I like the competition and the class a lot and I do like some room for interpretation of the rules. Though the costs are supposedly lower in a Spec class we all know that isn't really true.

20 cars, 3 cars, I'll run with whomever.

The important factor for me is a safe reliable car that runs, stops and turns. If I win then, holy cow let's have a frikin party.

loudes13
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Travis has a handle on shocks. In ITA you need to keep the 1.6L rear end housing, so no torsen. With your height I'd sample other miatas cage/seat combos.