PDA

View Full Version : how many socal ITS drivers are out here?

ismaelae86
02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
hi everyone i just wanted to see how many ITS racers are in the socal area and are still active...im a little worried im building a ITS rx7 and well i was just on calclub website and i notice that there is only 2 ITS drivers registered...so i wanna no if im actually going to have anyone to play with out there, or if imma have to drive up north or to arizona to have someone to compete against..thanks for your time

ismael

Sandro
02-04-2009, 02:17 AM
http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/archives/2008/2008r_points_11_26_08.htm

last year their were a total of 7 different people in ITS, only about 3 which look like regulars, but 3 were rx-7's

Z3_GoCar
02-04-2009, 02:20 AM
The season is early, we've only had our first race. There'll be more out over the rest of the year. For how the competition shapes up over the season, your best bet is to look at last years season points. John, the Merry Sherrif of Nottingham, Norris may put an SIR and race ITS if his ITR competition doesn't come out to play soon.

ismaelae86
02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
yeah i see hmm well hopefully they pop up soon...hmmm looks like the 325i is pretty competitive, what is there edge over an rx-7?? thanks for your replies...

ismaelae86
02-04-2009, 02:37 AM
wow there are alot of ita cars :o

shwah
02-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Gary in Santa Barbara has an ITS Corrado. Don't know how often it races, but I expect it to be on the track this year sometime.

Sandro
02-04-2009, 10:52 PM
yeah i see hmm well hopefully they pop up soon...hmmm looks like the 325i is pretty competitive, what is there edge over an rx-7?? thanks for your replies...

the driver, he is an amazing driver.

Sandro
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Gary in Santa Barbara has an ITS Corrado. Don't know how often it races, but I expect it to be on the track this year sometime.

gary of 24-7 parts?

Remember seeing him as a spectator last year, hope to see him as a driver this year

ismaelae86
02-04-2009, 11:56 PM
hmmm i see well this upcoming event (feb21) im go check it out maybe i can make some new friends or something and just see how things work so i know what to expect once my car is ready

shwah
02-05-2009, 12:14 AM
gary of 24-7 parts?

Remember seeing him as a spectator last year, hope to see him as a driver this year

Yep. There are some other projects ahead of the Corrado this year, but I know he wants to get back out in it.

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 12:20 AM
hmmmmm feeling kinda bummed ive been reading my sopac news paper i get every months from calclub and there is only one ITS driver...where is everyone??

Z3_GoCar
05-22-2009, 12:35 AM
It's been a slow year, I've yet to flag because I'm concentrating on putting my Z3 back togeather. I was hoping to have my motor back from the shop so I could time the cams in next weekend... Looks like I'll be working on my VANOS unattached from the motor.

Sandro
05-22-2009, 12:42 AM
When I was building my ITB car it was the same thing. My first race their were just 2 ITB cars, then the next race their were 5. Seems like if you register for an event then another ITS driver sees they have someone to run with, and will register, but if nobody registers first everyone is going to sit at home and complain their is no competition.

Just register and go have fun, you will still have a ton of fun even if your the only one in your class(this is coming from an ITB driver which is typically the slowest class since their is only one ITC guy in the last 3 years) so you will still have other cars running a similar pace with who you can play with.

plus its going to take a while for you to catch MR. Norris, you will need all the practice you can get. :smilie_pokal:

ismaelae86
05-22-2009, 01:47 AM
yeah ur right it still would be fun i will still try i just hope more people show up soon then later...so far the only one out there is frank honsowetz in a 300zx...so should i be worried?? how does an 2nd gen rx7 stack up to 300 zxs?