PDA

View Full Version : Memphis roll call March 14/15

SLUF
02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Just checking to see if we'll have anyone to get in the way of at the double national coming up in STU. I'll be in the POSTU-7 on Saturday with Trey running Sunday.

Anyone else planning on attending?

Gary L
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Errr... certainly not in the Volvo. Last I looked, us lowly IT types weren't invited.

On edit: I missed the gist of your post, mainly the "...in STU" part. But FWIW, I think they missed a bet by not incorporating an IT Tour double. I would have been there, for sure.

IPRESS
02-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I'll be there in SSC.

Turkflyer
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
What are you driving this year Mac? I heard you had another car, but don't know what to look for! Since they didn't invite ITA, don't know if I want to come play or not.

SLUF
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Gary: We are running the IT7 in STU at the events we will be attending. Trey will run IT7 and I'll be playing in the big pond of nationals with STU. Since we both have a national license now this is a good way for Trey to get one under his belt. I have no illusions of being competitive if there are "real" STU prepped vehicles, its mainly an experience thing.

I'd love to see some of the IT regulars there if only to admire their tailights going off in the distance!

Turkflyer
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Is there going to be a test day on Friday? I might come for that and get my annual inspection out of the way.

tnord
02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
i'm not going.

1) it's way too damn far.
2) car is not done.

IPRESS
02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
What are you driving this year Mac? I heard you had another car, but don't know what to look for! Since they didn't invite ITA, don't know if I want to come play or not.

I am running an old Acura in SSC. Going to try to chase Ol John around all season. The ITA guys were too tough! Actually if I'm still able I'll come back to IT the following year in something. This national stuff is a one year deal. I have way too much fun being just a regional guy.

And Tnord, you are a weenie, the trip to Memphis is worth it just to eat and drink Drago out of house and home at his race party! That reminds me, we need to help pay for some of that party this year.

Turkflyer
02-07-2009, 09:03 PM
You're right...we need to chip in for the DragoFest....and, if I remember corectly, it's just as far down here as it is up there. Tnord just doesn't want the competition.

FireballPhil
02-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Turkflyer,

Yes there will be a test day. The Mid-South region is sanctioning the test day. The cost is $150.

Phil Harris
Past RE and current Race Chair

mustanghammer
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Gary: We are running the IT7 in STU at the events we will be attending. Trey will run IT7 and I'll be playing in the big pond of nationals with STU. Since we both have a national license now this is a good way for Trey to get one under his belt. I have no illusions of being competitive if there are "real" STU prepped vehicles, its mainly an experience thing.

I'd love to see some of the IT regulars there if only to admire their tailights going off in the distance!

What's the minimum weight for a 12A RX7 in STU? I thought I only saw a weight for the 13B at.....GULP....2550lbs...(2600 less 50lbs for a solid rear axle). Did I read that wrong?

mustanghammer
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
What's the minimum weight for a 12A RX7 in STU? I thought I only saw a weight for the 13B at.....GULP....2550lbs...(2600 less 50lbs for a solid rear axle). Did I read that wrong?

DUH! Let me answer my own question....you run your car at IT weights. You only have to add weght and meet STU specs if you build an STU car.

Let us know how that goes for you!

SLUF
02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll keep everyone updated how our foray into STU turns out. I keep thinking we are the poster childs for the SCCA in this experiment. I just hope its not the "This is your brain on drugs" poster.

SLUF
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Looking grim for this event to happen. We should know something today I hope. We are offering sacrifices to the race car gods this evening so maybe some good will transpire.

Drew Aldred
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Sorry to see this get canceled IF that happens. The date for me is a big problem, just too early in the season to risk towing thru the Midwest with dodgy weather.

A move to Memorial Day weekend for a Double seems like a perfect fit, but I know track/worker availability, etc. play into getting dates.

ALWAYS a good time with Memphis Region, very well run - and the only Sat. nite party I make sure to stick around for !!!

EDIT: If moved to a later date for this double, I will definitely attend.

tnord
02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I really hope this doesn't get moved to memorial day. Putting back to back events on the calendar is a big no-no in my mind.

Drew Aldred
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Normally I'd agree, but with these two tracks being 650 miles apart from each other (probably the biggest distance b/t two tracks in the Division) seems like the best you could hope for as far as not splitting drivers/workers.

tnord
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
i understand that Drew, but think of those folks in the middle of the tracks, STL/Columbia/Springfield?

can i ask why this date HAS to be rescheduled?

Gary L
02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Putting back to back events on the calendar is a big no-no in my mind.
Agreed... precisely why I will definitely not be going to St. Louis at the end of March.

SLUF
02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
ITS A GO! Registered Trey and I in the POS-7 for the STU class. Our first national with the "big" boys. I'll keep everyone posted how the grand experiment works out.

FireballPhil
03-01-2009, 10:50 PM
THE MARCH 14-15 RACE AT MMP HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!

There is a possibility that it can be postponed to June. But I won't know that until early next week after I have a talk with Memphis Motorsports Park.

Thank you for your patience.

Phil

IPRESS
03-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Phil is it low racer turn out or lack of workers? I heard that there are a couple of other cars coming from Texas. June may be tough to schedule with the Sprints and all.

FireballPhil
03-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Mac, we could not secure a Chief of F&C. We had enough workers but no chief. We even offered to pay expenses. It was suggested to me to try to get a June date. I really don't care for it but I have to try.:shrug:

Phil

SLUF
03-02-2009, 08:49 AM
RATS!!!

Hang in there Phil, we all appreciate your effort!