PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta, Feb 20-22

Butch Kummer
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
It’s taken us awhile to cross all the I’s and dot all the T’s, but Registration is now open for our Atlanta Region Six-Hour Enduro, SARRC, and PDX events that will be happening at Road Atlanta the weekend of Feb 20-22.

. Track test day on Friday (2/20)
. SARRC and Enduro Qualifying Saturday morning
. Six-Hour Enduro Saturday afternoon (12:30 – 6:30)
. SARRC qualifying Sunday morning
. PDX during “Quiet Time”
. SARRC races Sunday afternoon.

Links to the Supps, Schedule, and Registration system can be found on the home page of our regional website, www.atlantascca.org (http://www.atlantascca.org/).

We are implementing a new (to us) on-line registration system so it will take a bit longer for you to enter your data, but this is only necessary the first time. We’ve gone to this new system because it’s more robust than the previous one, it’s more reliable, and it provides additional flexibility to you, the racer/worker. Yes it’s a change from what you’re used to, but the system is fairly intuitive and if it works as well as we think it will the majority of the division will probably be migrating to it in the not-too-distant future.

Other news from Atlanta Region:

. The Six-Hour on Saturday, Feb. 21, is the first leg of the new ‘Atlantic Enduro Cup Powered by Long Road Racing’. The second leg will be the Eight-Hour event at CMP on August 15-16, then the final leg will be the annual 13-Hour at VIR the weekend of October 30-31. More information about this (sub)series will be coming soon.

. Atlanta Region has adopted the NASA SSM (Showroom Spec Miata) class for 2009. These rules are also posted on our website and are intended to implement a class where folks can “buy a Miata, install a cage, and go racing.” We will be running SSM at all our 2009 events, including the ARRC by GRM.

. It doesn’t affect nearly as many people (yet), but we’ve also recognized the F600 class for 2009. This class is developing 600cc motorcycle drivetrains for eventual incorporation into F500 and we didn’t want to impact the F500 competitors during this evaluation phase. These F600 rules are also posted on the website.

If you have any questions you can post here or contact Gwen at the Club Office (770-455-722).

Hope to see y’all at the track…

Butch Kummer
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Two weeks left before pre-registration shuts down - links are at www.AtlantaSCCA.org (http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org).

Maybe y'all are gunshy since we've lost this weekend the past two years due to construction at the track, but this event WILL happen in a little more than two weeks.

This is our first experiment with a Six-Hour race (on Saturday), and it's the first leg of the Atlantic Enduro Cup. Round Two will be SCR's Eight-Hour at CMP in August, then the finale' will be NCR's "Charge of the Headlight Brigade" at VIR in November.

Hope to see y'all at the track (I'll be the guy with the radar gun on Pit Road on Saturday)...

RacerBowie
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Two weeks left before pre-registration shuts down - links are at www.AtlantaSCCA.org (http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org).

Maybe y'all are gunshy since we've lost this weekend the past two years due to construction at the track, but this event WILL happen in a little more than two weeks.

This is our first experiment with a Six-Hour race (on Saturday), and it's the first leg of the Atlantic Enduro Cup. Round Two will be SCR's Eight-Hour at CMP in August, then the finale' will be NCR's "Charge of the Headlight Brigade" at VIR in November.

Hope to see y'all at the track (I'll be the guy with the radar gun on Pit Road on Saturday)...

Man I wish my car was done.

GBugg
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm in and really looking forward to it. I haven't been on track at RA since the last Solo I a hundred years ago or so. I've watched some great races from the worker stations, but it will be awesome to be back on the black part again.

Not many signed up. Is it just too early in the year?

NutDriverRighty
02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
You shoulda done like Captain Who and I are going to do. Since our car isn't ready yet, we've rented a Spec Pinata for the weekend from R&R Motorsports. Those on the site know Ricky Thompson, a long time IT7 competitor who is running in ITR now. He and a buddy have a few SMs to rent. I don't have his e-mail handy, but IIRC his logon on this site is "hotshoe". Haven't driven the car yet, but everything has gone very smoothly thus far. Will update further after the race. Oh, and the rental fee, security deposit and (God forbid) purchase-if-destroyed prices are all very reasonsable.

Scott Franklin
soon to add "Spec Pinata" to resume'

Hotshoe
02-15-2009, 12:01 AM
You shoulda done like Captain Who and I are going to do. Since our car isn't ready yet, we've rented a Spec Pinata for the weekend from R&R Motorsports. Haven't driven the car yet, but everything has gone very smoothly thus far. Will update further after the race. Oh, and the rental fee, security deposit and (God forbid) purchase-if-destroyed prices are all very reasonsable.

Scott Franklin
soon to add "Spec Pinata" to resume'

Scott,

..... Thanks for the plug, we need all the publicity we can get.

......Alex and I are looking forward to racing with you and your brother Doug this coming week and will do our best to make you "Feel Like a King"

..... Check us out at www.RRBodyShopInc.com (http://www.RRBodyShopInc.com) click on the R&R MotorSports tab.

..... And remember to bring your best smile, a joke or two, your best race story, and a hand shake for someone that looks like they could use a friend.

..... Rickey T. / R&R MotorSports :cool:

NutDriverRighty
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Just a note about the weekend at Road Atlanta. It was friggin' cold!!
For eveyone in the SM group, I was driving the red/black #17. Hope that I didn't get in the way too badly. It'd been three years, maybe four, since I'd driver Road Atlanta.
Captain Who drove the same car in ITA. Great racing, great people, great fun!!! Looking forward to doing it again when it's a little warmer!!

Scott Franklin
www.NutDriver.org

faketree
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Anyone know what happened to George Bugg this weekend? I know his car was backwards in the esses with contact on the drivers side in the first qualifying session. I stopped by his pit but I never saw him.

wbp
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
George Bugg lost it on cold tires on his second lap out in the cold morning. He hit the wall at left in turn 4, pancaking the side where there is little give to the car. My wife took him to the hospital to be checked out on the recommendation of EMS. He will be fine, just sore neck. Not sure about the car yet.
George will be back I feel sure.

faketree
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Glad to hear he is ok. George looking forward to seeing you again at Road Atlanta or Barber.

GBugg
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks. I guess I'm still learning how to do the FWD thing. Unfortunately, it looks like my car is a goner - the chassis is buckled in several places. I have located another shell and plan to swap as much over as I can. I hope to be ready for Nashville, Barber, and Roebling. (I might need a little more training before trying Road ATL again. lol)

tom_sprecher
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
From what I was told when I did the same thing in the same place you did three years ago, the walls at Road Atlanta are notorius for turning perfectly good race cars into junk.

Sorry for you loss, hope you're OK and welcome to the club.